Recruiting buzz

I don’t think anyone should expect Nesta to be as good as Willis is NEXT year. In a couple years maybe, but his first year starting? No. Willis is a grown man and has been playing college football for years now. It’s not even fair to expect that of Nesta. We will need him to be ready though and take someone’s job ..

Advertisement
We're ripping Nesta because he isn't playing more over G-Dub and isn't playing more on one of the best lines in the country? Ok

Well if Nesta is going to start he better start showing something now because he get no run on defense.
This is a silly way of thinking, there’s only a handful of a freshman playing out of the whole 2018 class which was very talented it’s just the way it is right now

Nesta will get his chance let the kid grow and sit behind these beasts in front of him he will be ready in due time

Advertisement
DT as well. That concerns me next year without Willis and Tito
Plenty of Greeks on campus, should be able to find a punter. Foreigners always seem to better kickers. Uwe von Schamman, Garo Ypremian, Rick Roby, Ray Guy.

Probably some Italians, Spaniards, Brazilians....all kinds on campus. Why waste a scholarship.

i could care less if mcintosh came here after his brother bolted the way he did because he was afraid to play w/o norton.

that logic makes no sense considering he would have been playing with Willis, who was/is known to be head and shoulders better than Norton.

but carry on...

Nesta is a beast with a great motor. But Willis is a technician. That’s why he’ll be a day one pick. He’s big fast strong and smart. Pass rush and play the run. He does it all. Nesta will be great. But there will be a drop off
Nesta can learn technique. Will take time and experience.

L-O-L

Nesta is a true frosh that enrolled late.

I’m saying it now, he will be the next great DT after G Willis. He’ll be a locker room leader and str8 antagonist to our opponents.

Go look at Marvin Wilson true frosh stats and compare them to Marvin Wilson true sophomore stats. Marvin’s game is night and day different from his rookie yr to his 2nd, and he was the # 1 DT in the nation coming out!!

DT as a true frosh is probably the hardest position b/c ur trying to use high school, bullying techniques against some of the strongest men on the football team.

On a side note, y must on-topic threads be derailex by folks trying to bash unproven players? If we’re going to bash, bash Knowles, bash Feagles....these r the guys who have proven to suck. Jade is going to kill here.

Advertisement
Numbers always work themselves out. You don’t turn away top talent. We have almost cut all the day off the roster. Only a few remain. Polendy, Feagles, Mil, McCray and Knowles. You push them out if you got better talent ready to jump on board.
McCray is gone after this year cuz he’s a redshirt senior, Milo, Martin, and Knowles def have to be gone. I’m thinking Polendey might go if they take 2-3 TE’s, Feagles won’t go as much as I’d love for him to pack his bags, and Dykstra is another candidate since I don’t see him playing here at all.

Well if Nesta is going to start he better start showing something now because he get no run on defense.
He's a true freshman DT, he isn't supposed to play. He'll obviously get way better by next year, DTs take time to develop.

We are getting back to the elite defensive talent especially in the trenches which is where we fell away under Golden. I hope this class can get back close to top 7 to 10. We have to have 4,5,6 classes top 10, hit a couple top 5s. Be comparable to who you trying to knock off. Clemson to begin with
with Richt at the helm we'll continue to have classes around the 8-12 range, which is exactly what you need in order to play for titles. Sprinkle in a year or two when we make a run at a top 1-5 class (looking like next year) and our upward trajectory should only continue.

We just gotta keep our Ace recruiters on staff, have the defensive guys continue to learn the ropes and get better at recruiting the defensive side of the ball and honestly we could have top 3-7 classes year in and year out.

Advertisement
Plenty of Greeks on campus, should be able to find a punter. Foreigners always seem to better kickers. Uwe von Schamman, Garo Ypremian, Rick Roby, Ray Guy.

Probably some Italians, Spaniards, Brazilians....all kinds on campus. Why waste a scholarship.

Usually i agree but we need a punter but enough is enough of this. Punting is costing us games.

Willis is one of the top 3 DT's in the country, if not the best period, it's unfair to compare almost anyone to him, let alone a true freshman that enrolled a couple of months ago.

Not too many true freshmen DTs dominate at the marquee P5 level. It’s one of the toughest positions in football for a true freshmans. Even the NFL greats, for the most part, did nothing as college freshmen.

Advertisement
Every kid isn't the same, Neal will need to add strength, ND had to get in shape

Hopefully Herbert is finally ready to play next season
Neal footwork looks better than Big Vaughn’s not to mention Vaughn cane in with a lot of bad weight where as Neal is in program that has assisted him with that. So all in all Neal has the better resources to ensure he is ready to ball day 1 especially if he is an EE

Lmao a true freshman on arguably the best d line in the **** nation and he’s a bust cause he isn’t getting enough playing time. Shut up pendejo.

Where did I say he was a bust??

******* Reading Comprehension

Jesus Christ, man........he plays the same position as Willis who's the front-runner right now for the Outland trophy. Think about that for a second. The person behind him is a 5th year GT. Nesta has flashed his potential so far this year. But I wasn't aware that players were a bust if they weren't starting by the mid-point of their respective freshman years. I guess we should label Pope and Lingard as busts as well and let them go and transfer....or at the very least label them JAGs. What say you?

Where did I call him a bust?

Advertisement
Back