recruiters

ball915

All-American
It's no secret we've upgraded recruiters across our staff. However, two of the more heralded ones appear to be struggling in Addae and Salava'e. Still plenty of time for them to turn it around but any insight on why these two seem to be struggling more than the others?

Advertisement
It's no secret we've upgraded recruiters across our staff. However, two of the more heralded ones appear to be struggling in Addae and Salava'e. Still plenty of time for them to turn it around but any insight on why these two seem to be struggling more than the others?
Joe was not heralded. In fact, many said before he was hired that his isn't the best recruiter. Addae is finding out that it's harder when you don't have the machine. He was almost like a spoke in the wheel at UGA

Advertisement
With the DL I feel like they're going big game hunting. Hicks, Russaw, Smith, M'Pemba, Damon Wilson, Hall all big pieces that may need to fall first. Would have liked Walker that seemed like an atypical recruitment.

Addae has gotten it done before, but it is a little odd. A mix of dealing with SFL kids committing to the home staff and maybe sitting on what Cormani does. If and when he gets the DBs rolling like he should, we'll really be rolling

Advertisement
Mentioned earlier but there was a podcast that Manny from the athletic had with a guy who follows recruiting in pac 12 and he surprised manny and I am sure many others when he dropped nugget that Salava'e was ranked at bottom as recruiter in all of pac 12 based on their metric. So he shouldnt be a surprise.

Mentioned earlier but there was a podcast that Manny from the athletic had with a guy who follows recruiting in pac 12 and he surprised manny and I am sure many others when he dropped nugget that Salava'e was ranked at bottom as recruiter in all of pac 12 based on their metric. So he shouldnt be a surprise.
Salave’a is a speciality Samoan recruiter, his job is to recruit Samoans lol

He played a big part in us getting Francis Mauigoa so on that front he did his job lol

He’d be most effective in terms of recruiting on the West coast at programs like Oregon, Utah, Wazzu etc..

But I’m interested to see what kind of teacher he is as the DT’s coach.

Last edited:
Recruiting is about relationships. These guys have had UM polos on for 7 months. Relax.
So, Addae wasn’t building relationships when he was at Georgia? None of that carries over? Joenel Aguero had no preexisting relationship with him?

It’s too early to freak out about any coaches recruiting at this point, but they have been here long enough to start producing results as well. We will see what happens.

Animated GIF

Advertisement
The most heralded recruiter is probably our Head Coach, Mario. But if you're talking assistants it would be Addae and Gattis. Both have been okay but definitely haven't blown me away or anything. But there's plenty of time between now and signing day. Biggest game changer is product on the field and winning.

Yes based on some metric that may be true.

But know this: We wouldn't have a 5* monster of a LT committed without Joe on staff. Joe is here to recruit who Mario needs him to recruit, and the DL recruiting will take care of itself (transfers and Mario as lead recruiter).

Advertisement
Yes based on some metric that may be true.

But know this: We wouldn't have a 5* monster of a LT committed without Joe on staff. Joe is here to recruit who Mario needs him to recruit, and the DL recruiting will take care of itself (transfers and Mario as lead recruiter).
I dont know why people take everything as absolutes.. Of course he has value, I was just providing context to what was said earlier.. Didnt say fire him, or anything like that.. Liberty city el even stated what he was bought in to do, if he brings us 5 star talent, even one a class that is extremely valuable as we dont even have that type of level of talent stockpiled in yearssss

Salave’a is a speciality Samoan recruiter, his job is to recruit Samoans lol

He played a big part in us getting Francis Mauigoa so on that front he did his job lol

He’d be most effective in terms of recruiting on the West coast at programs like Oregon, Utah, Wazzu etc..

But I’m interested to see what kind of teacher he is as the DT’s coach.
They say the DTs are in practice ballin!!!!!

Advertisement
Back