Recruit reaction.

Walker gone, we had to beat UF to land him.
El,
What happens if they go 9-3, 8-4 and we go 10-2, 11-1 and we are clicking on all cylinders at the end of the season? Both those scenarios could be correct.
He still picks them over us?

Edit: Just saw other posts similar to mine. Still doesn't make sense in such a close ballgame to a highly ranked team. It's not like they beat the brakes off us.

Advertisement
El,
What happens if they go 9-3, 8-4 and we go 10-2, 11-1 and we are clicking on all cylinders at the end of the season? Both those scenarios could be correct.
He still picks them over us?
Idk, just telling what I was told from someone who spoke with him after the game.

Idk, just telling what I was told from someone who spoke with him after the game.
Thank you sir. Always appreciate your input and your knowledge of the landscape down here. Don't make sense tho. We seem to be ascending with all this talented youth and at worst, he'd be in the two deep from the rip.

LCE any word on how them West boys felt about the game? Hope we get Kinchens man that kid is a baller, also still look like T2 going elsewhere?
All of them except for T2 liked the way Miami played (particularly on Defense, not so much the O), winning the game would've helped a great deal but it didn't take us out of the running for any of them.

And no none of them give 2 fcks about UF, so we don't have to worry about them going there, but we really need to start winning games if we wanna convince these South Fla kids that Miami is best for them.

All of them except for T2 liked the way Miami played (particularly on Defense, not so much the O), winning the game would've helped a great deal but it didn't take us out of the running for any of them.

And no none of them give 2 fcks about UF, so we don't have to worry about them going there, but we really need to start winning games if we wanna convince these South Fla kids that Miami is best for them.
What didn’t T2 like?

Advertisement
Would you come to Miami as a OL? We've produced Flowers, in regards to a 1st round pick. Flowers was an anomaly. We have not been producing top flight OL and they've been getting their ish pushed in for well over a decade lately. Gotta give these guys something...giving up 10 sacks and a slew of penalties is a big turn off. Maybe we can recapture some momentum if we make a strong push
On the contrary, I would argue that the opportunity to get early playing time should intrigue top OLine prospects. Unlike with UGA, Bama and Notre Dame where you’re riding the pine for at least 2-3 years. If the talent and work ethic is there, you will see the field at Miami, if anything, you’d be on the bench for 1 year and that’s strictly for S&C. Game against Florida was ugly but this O-line will get better by the end of the season. But seeing as how some of these SFL Divas who play linemen don’t want to put on for the U. Manny will just have to continue to trust Coach Berry evaluations.

Hopefully a couple of stud O-linemen out there are thinking they would have made a difference in last night's game.

In a toss-up game I don't know if anyone will be swayed by just this one result.

A real stud has a different mind set. He'll think he can fit in anywhere and play. If you're not at the top, you have to be trending up. They want to play on a championship team before they're done. Those are the ones you want.

One loss doesn't eliminate us but we have to get on a run and finish strong, particularly in December. There has to be positive buzz going into the early signing date.

On the contrary, I would argue that the opportunity to get early playing time should intrigue top OLine prospects. Unlike with UGA, Bama and Notre Dame where you’re riding the pine for at least 2-3 years. If the talent and work ethic is there, you will see the field at Miami, if anything, you’d be on the bench for 1 year and that’s strictly for S&C. Game against Florida was ugly but this O-line will get better by the end of the season. But seeing as how some of these SFL Divas who play linemen don’t want to put on for the U. Manny will just have to continue to trust Coach Berry evaluations.

We’ve been beating that early playing time to death. When will we get it through our skulls that kids want to play for winners & the easiest path to the NFL.

Early playing time ain’t available at none of the elite schools, yet kids r flocking to them. Kids care about winning & getting paid. If we’re not going to be paying them, then we best make sure they get paid in the NFL, and I’m not talking bout no “wait til ur second contract” paid either.

Advertisement
Would you come to Miami as a OL? We've produced Flowers, in regards to a 1st round pick. Flowers was an anomaly. We have not been producing top flight OL and they've been getting their ish pushed in for well over a decade lately. Gotta give these guys something...giving up 10 sacks and a slew of penalties is a big turn off. Maybe we can recapture some momentum if we make a strong push

I think we currently have like 7 or 8 OL in the nfl..that aint really bad.

That's a weak rationale. If a 4-point, down to the last second victory is the basis for choosing between two schools, over everything else such as culture, fit, location, the fact that he would be instant depth, if not starter, on the team, and the fact that Miami is very young and should be getting much better over time, then yes, that's a very odd rationale, and a very weak-minded one. If it were a blowout, a dominating win by Florida, if we looked like we just didn't belong on the same field, that would be a different story.
Doesn’t matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning.

Advertisement
And what if somehow UF has a crap season and finishes with 7 or 8 wins while we go on a run to win 10 ? You think the head to head will carry that much weight with him ?
Lol you know what's going to happen. He'll say I feel like I can come in and help. They will always find a reason not to come.

We haven't produced top olinemen lately because the good ones keep going elsewhere.

Advertisement
We’ve been beating that early playing time to death. When will we get it through our skulls that kids want to play for winners & the easiest path to the NFL.

Early playing time ain’t available at none of the elite schools, yet kids r flocking to them. Kids care about winning & getting paid. If we’re not going to be paying them, then we best make sure they get paid in the NFL, and I’m not talking bout no “wait til ur second contract” paid either.
These kids usually flock to these elite schools because they usually have the best position coaches, and with that comes trust that they can put them in the league, and in a position to get paid. Since it’s established that Miami can never get up to equal playing field with the $EC in terms of boosting, there next best route is to sell to these kids that they can play early and get coached well. All of this is dependent on how well the O-line plays for the remainder of the year and if Coach Berry is who he says he is, but if they start to gel and Coach Berry is coaching them well, that process will be a lot easier for the 2021 class, Long way to go, cause aside from Rivers I don’t expect us to land any other big time lineman this class. But consider that the recruiting class before Lincoln Riley’s first year at HC, OU only landed one 4 ⭐️ offensive lineman. In his first year at HC they landed 4 and in his second full year of coaching they landed their first 5 ⭐️ Lineman, In between all of that tho they signed A LOT of 3 star Offensive lineman and coached them up . Now they’re one of the best Offensive lines in CFB, Manny can follow a similar route if We’re winning games and our O-line isn’t abysmal.

****, ain’t get Neal last year and we not getting Walker, Dennis or Dummervil this year... Sh— sucks, especially seeing how badly the O-line struggled, we could’ve used that depth in the future. I love Rivers but we need more.
Miami doesn't need to do bags like crazy but they should drop some for tackles every year. That seems to be the only position they just can't get.

Advertisement
Back