Reasons why Mario is struggling to find a staff?

Insanecane

Junior
Banned
I know if I was a OC with a handpicked staff I would not want to go to a school unless I could bring my guys (those who want to come) with me.

Does this play a factor with some guys as we have several guys already hired?

Anyway, what might be some other reasons why we are approaching month two since Mario’s hire and have no OC or DC and have lost our DB coach.

Advertisement
MARIO IS NOT STRUGGLING TO FIND A STAFF

NO ONE HERE KNOW'S WTF IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING

TAKE A KNEE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

ACTUALLY PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THE FEW INSIDERS HERE SAY

STOP MAKING UP THINGS IN YOUR HEAD THAT YOU ARE IGNORANT ABOUT

YOU ARE NOT "A(N) OC WITH A HANDPICKED STAFF"

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know if I was a OC with a handpicked staff I would not want to go to a school unless I could bring my guys (those who want to come) with me.

Anyway, what might be some other reasons why we are approaching month two since Mario’s hire and have no OC or DC and have lost our DB coach.
If has only offered one guy how is that struggling? While OC/DC may get to bring some guys usually they are analysts. No OC/DC is getting to pick all of their position coaches just not how it works.

Honestly not really sure there's a definite reason; he's being thorough and deliberate, there's no arguing that. Whether it pans out in the end remains to be seen.

Maybe some guys aren't as invested in recruiting as he is, and from what I've read, he essentially demands it from his staff members. Could be a turn off for some that are lazy, but that's not why Candle turned it down (chalking that up to just not wanting to answer to any superiors).

Maybe some guys want to bring in their own guys as staff members, but Lashlee didn't have an issue with it (and plenty of others don't as well). In the end, I don't think there's a definite reason - just that he's decided these hires are the most important in his coaching career, and he's taking every second to make sure it's the right move.

He definitely has no excuses for striking out on guys, given the salary we're offering - and there's been no evidence of that other than swinging and missing on Candle (which I credit him for attempting, would have been a slam dunk).

I personally think it's a tad bit ridiculous, but no one will remember how long it took unless these hires were bonafide trash; he'll be judged on how successful the offense and defense look, not the time it took (rhymes *****).

I don't think he's struggling at all. Keep in mind there are many names in the NFL still coaching. Maybe he has had or is wanting more contact with some of them? Who said he's struggling? Look at where we were before Mario got here....he's been on the trail busting a## and getting recruits Manny wouldn't have even had Miami in play for. We have a real coach now for the first time in years ..let the man work.

Advertisement

YOU ARE NOT "A(N) OC WITH A HANDPICKED STAFF" YOU ARE A MESSAGE BOARD SCHTICK
******* deep breath

Not saying you are right or wrong but is not the head coach ultimately judged for coaching hires and not coordinators?

Advertisement
******* deep breath

Breathe Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Advertisement

Look I'm all for thoroughness and getting the right guy (example A is Blake Bomboclaut James hiring Manny in less than 12 hours instead of conducting a national coaching search), but you do realize three of our insiders have now alluded to the deliberation getting a bit ridiculous (LCE, JayCane, SouthPark)?

This is all for naught anyways, because no one will remember how long it took; they'll be judged on their performance on the field, and to a lesser extent, recruiting (although Mario has a huge say in that so curious as to how that'll all shake out).

Just simply pointing out that a handful of our favorite and most trusted posters aren't all "put a tampon in and stop crying" mode anymore.

If you read the Oregon board for the past few years you would see they have had the same issues.

With OC, supposedly, Moorehead almost quit after being micromanaged by Cristobal and they had issues ever since. Supposedly, according to them, this is a common theme with him.

Also, if you go back to their DC search last year everyone was freaking out because he kept whiffing on his DCs. They even tried to play the same game with "we didn't want that guy" and they even have slurpers all the way up until Mario quit defending him with "Tim DeRuyter was our #1 choice all along!".