Really missing LCE great info.

What do they do to make it sweeter? Aren’t the plantains we’re talking about generally not the sweet ones?

Educate me, chef.
Cuban MoFongo is different than Puerto Rican MoFongo....Cuban MoFongo is called FuFu de Plantano..and they use Green plantains that are Boiled...then mashed...Where Puerto Ricans fry it....Dominicans finish theirs with melted cheese and garlic broth....Puerto Rico invented MoFongo

Advertisement
I just think it was a shame to not get other guys more reps last season but I’m sure I’ll survive. Lol. It seems like competition has been opened up based on some things people have mentioned so we’ll see.
I think we all hope this to be true I just don't like the idea that it has been proven already. There were multiple times last season when "competition opened up". With all that being said we will find out soon. Everyone should be held to the same expectations perform or be replaced young old medium idgaf.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cuban MoFongo is different than Puerto Rican MoFongo....Cuban MoFongo is called FuFu de Plantano..and they use Green plantains that are Boiled...then mashed...Where Puerto Ricans fry it....Dominicans finish theirs with melted cheese and garlic broth....Puerto Rico invented MoFongo

You know your stuff. I have to admit I’ve never had any of that. I did have plantain soup one time. I mean living in South Florida of course I’ve had the sweet plantains, and the ones that aren’t sweet that are like fried, that you eat with salt, tostones. I actually really liked the soup. It was like real garlicky and tasted really good I was surprised

what is the difference between griot and cuban pork chunks?
Just the spices its marinated in. Funny story. 1st time i go eat at my my wife's house when we started dating. Her mom made griot with red beans and rice and fried plantain. My mom calls to see how it went. I laughed and told her it was spicy Cuban food.

Advertisement
My man knows his Caribbean cuisine.....
I like to keep it simple... Make it taste good and I'll eat it, I don't care where it's from...LOL!!!... I grew up in Queens and Miami... I've tasted just about every variety of Spanish and Caribbean food possible.... When it's made right it's all Deeeeeeeeeeeelicious..... I like food... I really like food...
hungry fat bastard GIF

Advertisement
It’s a perfect example of why we had to do something and make an effort to be a more welcoming place. Too many good posters and loyal readers had enough. Not saying that’s what happened with LCE but it didn’t help and he’s raised the constant misery on here before. Others have raised the attacks as being a problem.
Ray Lewis couldn’t run me off. I ain’t goin’ nowhere’s.

You know your stuff. I have to admit I’ve never had any of that. I did have plantain soup one time. I mean living in South Florida of course I’ve had the sweet plantains, and the ones that aren’t sweet that are like fried, that you eat with salt, tostones. I actually really liked the soup. It was like real garlicky and tasted really good I was surprised
The Dominican version I have always had seems to be the same as FuFu. No queso. Don’t remember Tasting garlic

The Dominican version I have always had seems to be the same as FuFu. No queso. Don’t remember Tasting garlic

Yeah the garlic was in the plantain soup. I can’t lie, I’ve never had mofongo or any of the other versions of it. In the plantain family I’ve had the fried sweet plantains, tostones and just the plantain soup that one time. I’ve got a try the other stuff. There’s not a lot of Dominican restaurants in South Florida, and I haven’t been to the DR, probably one day

Advertisement
Back