Reality of the scrimmage...

Advertisement
Baxa kicked a 63 yd Field Goal between the halves. No band playing, no lights on, no pressure on him and all that... but good Lord he hit it with room to spare. Needs to get the right side of the hash figured out. He kicked off his first kick out of the end zone, all the others were in the field of play. Hard to say if that was by design (maybe to give the two return guys some practice?), but I'd rather the joker just kick the ball out of the end zone if he has the leg to, and it seems he does.
That boot had me triple checking the spot! And on top to call it swirling windy day is understatement.

Comments about Special Teams in very disturbing. One third of the game and use to be a strength. Now we just suck at it. Even Randy had good return teams.

My observation:
  1. QB - NKosi then Williams. Martell can't see the middle of the field. Not very accurate.
  2. OL - So much better! You can see the position changes and better coaching paying off. Just need to recruit.
  3. I thought Joyner showed better speed and physicality than McCloud does.
  4. We set at DE! All looked good including Jahfari Harvey. Only issue I see is the scheme doesn't set the edge well enough.
  5. RB/FB very solid. Both Dallas and Harris explosive. George is a really big and powerful lead. Lingard will have his work cut out for him.
  6. OFFENSE! We actually have one. The shifts, formations and motion will make defenses a step slower and open things up for play makers.
  7. WR - Pope and Osborn are truly explosive. Didn't notice Njoku. Wiggins inconsistent. Harley and JT should shine in this offense.
  8. TE's were especially good. Even Irvin who looks good physically too. TE's should want to play in this offense.
  9. CB are good, Bandy just vulnerable to getting Mossed on deep high throws. Ivey could be mofre aggressive IMO. Bethel can play. Blades solid
  10. WE JUST NEED DEPTH ON OL, DL, LB AND CB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The most positive thing from the scrimmage was offense. It looked light years better than last year. Massively better. WR were open consistently underneath as safety valves for the QB's. Tate especially did a good job using them.

Also KJ is gonna kill light it up and end up in the NFL. Best player on the field.

My observation:
  1. QB - NKosi then Williams. Martell can't see the middle of the field. Not very accurate.
  2. OL - So much better! You can see the position changes and better coaching paying off. Just need to recruit.
  4. We set at DE! All looked good including Jahfari Harvey. Only issue I see is the scheme doesn't set the edge well enough.
  5. RB/FB very solid. Both Dallas and Harris explosive. George is a really big and powerful lead. Lingard will have his work cut out for him.
  6. OFFENSE! We actually have one. The shifts, formations and motion will make defenses a step slower and open things up for play makers.
  7. WR - Pope and Osborn are truly explosive. Didn't notice Njoku. Wiggins inconsistent. Harley and JT should shine in this offense.
  8. TE's were especially good. Even Irvin who looks good physically too. TE's should want to play in this offense.
  9. CB are good, Bandy just vulnerable to getting Mossed on deep high throws. Ivey could be mofre aggressive IMO. Bethel can play. Blades solid

Don't tell them that about their savior Martell. Just last week he was a bust, and now he's the King. I'm glad the OC will make the decision and not our fans.

My observation:
DL?

Advertisement
The Game is at 7Pm nobody will Swelter.

I think OP made an honest mistake here but the contingent of our fanbase that seemingly has heat strokes at every game and obviously either now reside in Canada and/or never go outdoors during summer daylight hours in Florida is pretty annoying. Have an ice cold beer or diet soda and shut your mouth.

Advertisement
My observation:

I dont Agree with the assessment of martell, he’s thrown into the teeth of the #1 defense the last 2 scrimmages , good 20 yard pass to Osborn in the second scrimmage and some good passes in the middle vs the #1 d yesterday

There were a handful of starters not in. That doesn't make it the "starters."
They DEFINITELY, had the starting linebackers in, Finley, 3 of the starters in the secondary in and multiple starting dlineman in including Rousseau, bethel and Silvera . So most of the first team D outside 1 player or 2

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back