Reality of the scrimmage...

The new kid is expected to be the starter. That’s why we went Juco route. Baxa has a strong leg so I’m not sure why he wasn’t kicking it to the end zone. Maybe they were working on him hitting high short kicks we can cover in a regular game. He needs to get better at consistency on his FG.
He had a
Couple kicks in the end zone.

Advertisement
My observation:
  1. QB - NKosi then Williams. Martell can't see the middle of the field. Not very accurate.
  2. OL - So much better! You can see the position changes and better coaching paying off. Just need to recruit.
  3. I thought Joyner showed better speed and physicality than McCloud does.
  4. We set at DE! All looked good including Jahfari Harvey. Only issue I see is the scheme doesn't set the edge well enough.
  5. RB/FB very solid. Both Dallas and Harris explosive. George is a really big and powerful lead. Lingard will have his work cut out for him.
  6. OFFENSE! We actually have one. The shifts, formations and motion will make defenses a step slower and open things up for play makers.
  7. WR - Pope and Osborn are truly explosive. Didn't notice Njoku. Wiggins inconsistent. Harley and JT should shine in this offense.
  8. TE's were especially good. Even Irvin who looks good physically too. TE's should want to play in this offense.
  9. CB are good, Bandy just vulnerable to getting Mossed on deep high throws. Ivey could be mofre aggressive IMO. Bethel can play. Blades solid
  10. WE JUST NEED DEPTH ON OL, DL, LB AND CB.
This !!!!!

Enos needs to make that adjustment
Because there is 5 months between now and the first game. All of these QB’s are doing things they have not done before. As the coaches have said multiple times already, what each of these 3 QB’s do between now and the opener will determine who is the starter. Same with the rest of the team for that matter.

One thing is for sure, the offense will be be much improved over that abomination from last year. The defense should be nearly as good as last year depending on the DB’s development. The improved offense should definitely help the defense, so they are not constantly on the field.

My observation:
  1. QB - NKosi then Williams. Martell can't see the middle of the field. Not very accurate. Dumb, Martells 80 yard TD was over the middle and he had another 30 yard completion over the middle to Wiggins that was fumbled.
  2. OL - So much better! You can see the position changes and better coaching paying off. Just need to recruit. I think they gave up about 10 sacks so again I don't understand this statement at all
  3. I thought Joyner showed better speed and physicality than McCloud does. Agree, he was beasting all day
  4. We set at DE! All looked good including Jahfari Harvey. Only issue I see is the scheme doesn't set the edge well enough. Agree
  5. RB/FB very solid. Both Dallas and Harris explosive. George is a really big and powerful lead. Lingard will have his work cut out for him. Agree
  6. OFFENSE! We actually have one. The shifts, formations and motion will make defenses a step slower and open things up for play makers. Agree
  7. WR - Pope and Osborn are truly explosive. Didn't notice Njoku. Wiggins inconsistent. Harley and JT should shine in this offense. Wiggins is awful and needs to be moved to DB, he must have tiny hands and Harley can't create consistent separation so I'm not sure about him either
  8. TE's were especially good. Even Irvin who looks good physically too. TE's should want to play in this offense. I was surprised how good Irvin looks, Papa must have had a coming to Jesus talk
  9. CB are good, Bandy just vulnerable to getting Mossed on deep high throws. Ivey could be mofre aggressive IMO. Bethel can play. Blades solid Agree
  10. WE JUST NEED DEPTH ON OL, DL, LB AND CB. We need at least another starter or two on OL, they were owned all day

Advertisement
One thing I came away with....with this OL, we better have 2 QBs ready for duty come fall ...

... in one play yesterday, the defensive rush came right up the middle untouched...bascially swatted the offensive lineman aside, and would have taken the QB's head off, if it was a real game...
.. and all of this in about 2 secs after the snap.

Don't remember who it was, but the OL better get good in a hurry or the QBs will be hurting or running for their lives ..

Why would the kicker put it out of End zone every time in a scrimmage?
We could just start offense at 25 instead

Advertisement
The new kid is expected to be the starter. That’s why we went Juco route. Baxa has a strong leg so I’m not sure why he wasn’t kicking it to the end zone. Maybe they were working on him hitting high short kicks we can cover in a regular game. He needs to get better at consistency on his FG.
I know JJ preferred kickoffs to the left side of the field and ST's would pinch the runner into a tight funnel. Maybe they wanted Baxa to try that? It was very effective and I remember a game at WV where we pinned them against there own goal line and scored sevral TD's due to field position plus they fumbled one at the 2 yard line.

I think OP made an honest mistake here but the contingent of our fanbase that seemingly has heat strokes at every game and obviously either now reside in Canada and/or never go outdoors during summer daylight hours in Florida is pretty annoying. Have an ice cold beer or diet soda and shut your mouth.
Eat a ****

Just glad that Enos and Diaz are making the QB decision and not the fans,,,,,

Fans here can see the same play ....and come away with entirely different conclusions,,,,based on who they "like" or dislike.

Luckily for us .....our coaches aren't riding anyone's ****.....God help us IF they ever start!!!

They will choose the best man for leading & running the offense, moving the sticks, and scoring points.

GO CANES!!

Last edited:
I think OP made an honest mistake here but the contingent of our fanbase that seemingly has heat strokes at every game and obviously either now reside in Canada and/or never go outdoors during summer daylight hours in Florida is pretty annoying. Have an ice cold beer or diet soda and shut your mouth.
Anyone who thinks it won't be Hot in Orlando in August, regardless if its at 7pm (still light out) with 65,000 peeps there, are in for a real treat....

Advertisement
Eat a ****

I would but I'd prefer to do it outdoors between 12pm-3pm and your old *** wouldn't be able to handle the blistering uv rays that would accompany watching me do it. Da heat! Daaaaa heat!!!!

Advertisement
Back