Realistically speaking..

Miami has the edge over fsu at every position not named db right?

I would say yes but they do have two dangerous rbs we can't sleep on.

Their dbs are more hype than anything... I believe we are even with them in that category.

Their dline can be a problem but not our level

I’m not seeing it out of Akers and Patrick tbh. Both amid them are far from Dalvin Cook

Patrick's nothing special, just a big back. Akers was hyped up to be the next Dalvin Cook, if not better. Some FSU fans thought he'd be a legit Heisman candidate this year. His speed is sneaky though, I'll give him that. My concern with Akers was how we defended the run against Duke. Jackson and McCloud on separate occasions got caught on the inside and didn't set the edge. Akers concerns me in that department because once he gets around into the open field, that's where he shows off why some consider him elite.

Advertisement
OL and DL are a push. FSU's DBs are better.

Oline is not a push,they gave up 18 tfls 5 sacks vs wale forest of all people and have looked horrible all year.
Dline hasn’t been as good as they were hyped up to be either

Our O-line isn't great, but I'll take our current O-line over the abortion that FSU has showed this year on that unit. Also, I think FSU may be out their starting LT and LG next week. They were injured during the Wake game. Don't know their status.

This will be a close game, and Miami has a propensity to lose these to Cuckbo and FSU.

When the line comes out, you'll see it'll be less than 5 in FSU's favor.

Realistically speaking, nothing has changed: I believed Miami SHOULD go undefeated before Francois was injured and I believe it now even more.

Advertisement
After watching the FSU - Wake game, you can see that their offense is lacking. Their OL is a real problem, 2 starters are out for the season and you can tell they are really struggling.
Our D should not a have problem containing them throughout the game.

Oline is not a push,they gave up 18 tfls 5 sacks vs wale forest of all people and have looked horrible all year.

Our OL doesn't have to be better than their OL. Our OL has to be better than their DL, and I think that's where our problem is going to be.

Rick is going to have to win this game for us. He's going to have to find a way through his play calling to keep them off balance and to not have Rosier holding the ball too long.

I think the teams that have had the most success against FSU have hurried up and spread them out and used a mobile QB to hurt them occasionally.

Their dbs are more hype than anything... I believe we are even with them in that category.

I’m not seeing it out of Akers and Patrick tbh. Both amid them are far from Dalvin Cook

Patrick's nothing special, just a big back. Akers was hyped up to be the next Dalvin Cook, if not better. Some FSU fans thought he'd be a legit Heisman candidate this year. His speed is sneaky though, I'll give him that. My concern with Akers was how we defended the run against Duke. Jackson and McCloud on separate occasions got caught on the inside and didn't set the edge. Akers concerns me in that department because once he gets around into the open field, that's where he shows off why some consider him elite.

Our run defense has holes in it for sure. McCloud hasn't played well this year at all.

FSU's screen game is always good, and I wouldn't be shocked to see them use Akers' speed in the screen game or on a wheel route.

I don't think Akers or Patrick are anywhere near as good as Dal Cuck though.

Our run defense has holes in it for sure. McCloud hasn't played well this year at all.

FSU's screen game is always good, and I wouldn't be shocked to see them use Akers' speed in the screen game or on a wheel route.

I agree as well. I understand how the context of the post you quoted of mine would indicate me saying that Akers is elite or as good as Dalvin Cook (Cuck more fitting). Akers is a decent back, but not at the elite level he was initially hyped as. But yeah, he concerns me because of the screen game as you've mentioned.

Advertisement

True it’s all about staying in your lane. I remember on one play duke had a decent run game the 2 dts both did 2 spin moves on the outside shoulder of each guard creating a massive hole up the middle. Got to establish run fits better but they will be fine

Our OL doesn't have to be better than their OL. Our OL has to be better than their DL, and I think that's where our problem is going to be.

Rick is going to have to win this game for us. He's going to have to find a way through his play calling to keep them off balance and to not have Rosier holding the ball too long.

I think the teams that have had the most success against FSU have hurried up and spread them out and used a mobile QB to hurt them occasionally.

Agree and if he can't with the best running back wr, slot and te on his side of the field we should all be at his house with rocks...lol. But seriously those positions are in our favor by a mile

I'd say their D-line is on par with our, maybe. same with kicker.

I have been watching their games, I don’t see it. The only one who would start for Miami on the dline is Derrick nandi. Burns and sweat have been disappointing this year and aren’t generating any sort of pass rush right now

Thier D line isn't on par with ours. Just ain't . They have a good secondary with more experience then ours though overall I think ours is more talented. FSU is not a good team and losing a QB isn't the reason. **** Blackmon isn't much of a step down from Francois IMO. They just suck.

True it’s all about staying in your lane. I remember on one play duke had a decent run game the 2 dts both did 2 spin moves on the outside shoulder of each guard creating a massive hole up the middle. Got to establish run fits better but they will be fine

Yeah. i saw our DTs create some massive holes in the middle for Pukes run game. That's the kind of stuff we should be able to correct because it doesn't implicate a lack of physical ability.

Advertisement
This will be a toss-up game because of their defense and the rivalry, but we have the better players.

why do people look at matchups like our dbs vs their dbs? that's not the way to say who has the edge. its our wr vs their dbs. our dbs vs their wr. our oline vs their dline.

Advertisement
Biggest thing is Rosier can't shut down against the blitz like he did vs Duke. We need first quarter Rosier this week

You’re looking at it wrong. It’s their OL vs our DL, etc. You’ll find that it’s a completely different story - it’s all about matchups. My take...

- UM OL vs FSU DL: maybe a slight edge to FSU

- FSU OL vs UM: big edge to UM

- UM WRs vs FSU DBs: close call. Slight nod to UM bc of Richards.

- FSU WRs vs UM DBs: push

- UM RBs/TEs vs FSU LBs: close but if Walton is 100%, slight edge to UM. Otherwise, push.

- FSU RBs/TEs vs UM LBs: edge to UM

Advertisement
Back