Realistically speaking..

OL and DL are a push. FSU's DBs are better.

Oline is not a push,they gave up 18 tfls 5 sacks vs wake forest of all people and have looked horrible all year.
Dline hasn’t been as good as they were hyped up to be either

I hope their OL isn't that good. If they can control the ball w Akers running we will be in for a long afternoon.

Advertisement

Oline is not a push,they gave up 18 tfls 5 sacks vs wale forest of all people and have looked horrible all year.

Our OL doesn't have to be better than their OL. Our OL has to be better than their DL, and I think that's where our problem is going to be.

Rick is going to have to win this game for us. He's going to have to find a way through his play calling to keep them off balance and to not have Rosier holding the ball too long.

I think the teams that have had the most success against FSU have hurried up and spread them out and used a mobile QB to hurt them occasionally.

This. Richt is going to have to get creative to field a running game in this one. Bland predictable zone runs aren't going to cut it against FSU in that game if they didn't against Duke. He's going to have to throw to open up the run and not wait until late in the game to realize Richards is a big play waiting to happen if you just get it in his hands. We have to get the safeties out of the box because our line has a tough enough time running the ball against 6 or 7, let alone 8 against legit defensive fronts. This one is on Richt, not the offensive line if we can't run the ball. He has to know they're whatever, and mask their deficiencies through play calling.

Richt better have been saving some things for this game. He started well against Duke then started called a game that could have led to a loss. It doesn't seem like he uses his talent consistently.

Oline is not a push,they gave up 18 tfls 5 sacks vs wake forest of all people and have looked horrible all year.

I hope their OL isn't that good. If they can control the ball w Akers running we will be in for a long afternoon.

Their OL is D2 level bad.

Both O lines will probably get chewed up by the opposing d line lets be real.

Miami has the edge over fsu at every position not named db right?

You’re looking at it wrong. It’s their OL vs our DL, etc. You’ll find that it’s a completely different story - it’s all about matchups. My take...

- UM OL vs FSU DL: maybe a slight edge to FSU

- FSU OL vs UM: big edge to UM

- UM WRs vs FSU DBs: close call. Slight nod to UM bc of Richards.

- FSU WRs vs UM DBs: push

- UM RBs/TEs vs FSU LBs: close but if Walton is 100%, slight edge to UM. Otherwise, push.

- FSU RBs/TEs vs UM LBs: edge to UM

I have believe that they will try to take Richards out of it and make the other receivers make plays.

No doubt. Their LBs (esp Thomas) can cover Walton and Herndon so they will double up Richards often. Berrios needs to come up huge and it would be nice for a guy like cager or thomas to step up. This will be a close game

Yep. I think it's clear what they will try to do on defense.
Load up on the run and double Richards. Make Rosier beat them by throwing to anyone not named Richards.

Berrios in the slot should win lots of those!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back