Realistically speaking..

Advertisement
Miami has the edge over fsu at every position not named db right?

You’re looking at it wrong. It’s their OL vs our DL, etc. You’ll find that it’s a completely different story - it’s all about matchups. My take...

- UM OL vs FSU DL: maybe a slight edge to FSU

- FSU OL vs UM: big edge to UM

- UM WRs vs FSU DBs: close call. Slight nod to UM bc of Richards.

- FSU WRs vs UM DBs: push

- UM RBs/TEs vs FSU LBs: close but if Walton is 100%, slight edge to UM. Otherwise, push.

- FSU RBs/TEs vs UM LBs: edge to UM

I have believe that they will try to take Richards out of it and make the other receivers make plays.

You’re looking at it wrong. It’s their OL vs our DL, etc. You’ll find that it’s a completely different story - it’s all about matchups. My take...

- UM RBs/TEs vs FSU LBs: close but if Walton is 100%, slight edge to UM. Otherwise, push.

I have believe that they will try to take Richards out of it and make the other receivers make plays.

No doubt. Their LBs (esp Thomas) can cover Walton and Herndon so they will double up Richards often. Berrios needs to come up huge and it would be nice for a guy like cager or thomas to step up. This will be a close game

No doubt. Their LBs (esp Thomas) can cover Walton and Herndon so they will double up Richards often. Berrios needs to come up huge and it would be nice for a guy like cager or thomas to step up. This will be a close game

Yep. I think it's clear what they will try to do on defense.
Load up on the run and double Richards. Make Rosier beat them by throwing to anyone not named Richards.

Advertisement
I see a low scoring game like last year, think we come out on top something like 20-17

Advertisement
Which makes me wonder why so many people over-hyped this team during the offseason.
Yes, they are always over-hyped but people had this team as a shoo-in for the Playoffs.
Even with a healthy Fenchie they probably would lose 4 games.

With a healthy Frenchie, I think they are a 10-2 team. Lets be honest, Frenchie is pretty good. The offense not sustaining drives is leading to a tired defense. They are being exposed on the O line as well with a young QB. Fück them though, I hope they lose every game from here on out.

It's the matchups that matter more than unit to unit. Yea our Dline is better than theirs, but their DL vs our OL is a matchup that scares me.

LMAO. They lost to a team that was bested by MuschaRMp and needed a miracle to beat Wake Forest (the same Wake that needed a last second FG to beat AppState)

This game will be over at half (coincidentally, so will Blackmon's season).

IMO they have to account for Berrios now not just Richards and I don’t think they can shut both down and stop our running game and keep Rosier from picking up positive yards with his feet.
No one on their offense scares me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

I would say yes but they do have two dangerous rbs we can't sleep on.

Their dbs are more hype than anything... I believe we are even with them in that category.

Their dline can be a problem but not our level

I’m not seeing it out of Akers and Patrick tbh. Both of them are far from Dalvin Cook

Loved Akers on Sat. He's going to be a load before he finishes.

OL and DL are a push. FSU's DBs are better.

Oline is not a push,they gave up 18 tfls 5 sacks vs wale forest of all people and have looked horrible all year.
Dline hasn’t been as good as they were hyped up to be either

Our OL doesn't have to be better than their OL. Our OL has to be better than their DL, and I think that's where our problem is going to be.

Rick is going to have to win this game for us. He's going to have to find a way through his play calling to keep them off balance and to not have Rosier holding the ball too long.

I think the teams that have had the most success against FSU have hurried up and spread them out and used a mobile QB to hurt them occasionally.

This. Richt is going to have to get creative to field a running game in this one. Bland predictable zone runs aren't going to cut it against FSU in that game if they didn't against Duke. He's going to have to throw to open up the run and not wait until late in the game to realize Richards is a big play waiting to happen if you just get it in his hands. We have to get the safeties out of the box because our line has a tough enough time running the ball against 6 or 7, let alone 8 against legit defensive fronts. This one is on Richt, not the offensive line if we can't run the ball. He has to know they're whatever, and mask their deficiencies through play calling.

Advertisement
Its a push at all position even QB except Miami has the edge at WR & LB. FSU has the edge at DB.

My main concern is Jimbo. Since randy... Jimbo has killed us on screens, draws, and wheel routes. He is an unbelievable play caller. With our aggressive defense and the fact that we will give up the short pass is an issue. Jimbo is going to try to get his QB comfortable early with those quick passes. We cant let that happen and we have to be really disciplined defensively.

I also think guys like Auden Tate and Murry are underrated by people on this board. They make plays and Tate is a huge target.

Its going to be loud, Rosier's first true road game, and FSU is looking to turn their season around.

All that aside, the Seniors on our team have to set the tone bc we cant lose to FSU 8 straight.

Their DTs will give us fits. Donaldson was getting worked by that kid from Puke.

That kid is probably going to end up being a draft pick

No doubt. He's a good player, but so are FSU's DTs. That's the point.

Good thing about Donaldson is he's a bright tough guy and a hard worker. So I expect him to learn from the Puke game and be better this week.

Advertisement
Back