Realistic Prediction

Advertisement
I understand that you've been following recruiting for 30 years. And that's great. Have you not noticed the changes in kids recently? Many of these big time recruits want their 15 minutes...and they're going to ring the rag out and soak up every last drop before they give up the booty. They may know where they want to go, but no one will find out till NSD.

Im well aware of the games and wanting their "moment" of hype, etc. Some kids are more into this than others. Collins and Thomas, however, have not been those types of kids. Sure they may enjoy the attention, etc, but doesnt seem to be that they have been playing games during the process. Everything about these two kids leads me to think that they are truly torn and seriously considering heading North. Thomas moreso. Collins I think has warmed to us again, and I think we have a pretty good shot at grabbing him, but the actions of both of these kids screams more that they are seriously looking to leave, and not just playing games for attention.

LOL for such a so-called veteran you sure are overreacting to every detail. Calm down. Just b/c they aren't flipping commitments and attention whoring doesn't mean they aren't enjoying their moment in the spotlight. You need to really take some of that experience and apply it. I see you in every thread overreacting...

In other words you don't have to "play games for attention".

Back away from the cliff old-timer.

Dude its not about being some "veteran" or "old timer" Im not that fuggin old. The point is, this sh*t goes on ever year. Yes its gotten worse, but there is a pattern to this stuff, and you can usually tell when there are negative signs on some kids. My only point is to keep things in perspective and be realistic. It will be great if we get most of these kids, but ignoring many of the obvious warning signs and insisting its all just a game and that these kids are all ours, is going to set up a lot of people here for disappointment on NLOID. I hope it doesnt, but it happens EVERY f8cking year. Im just trying to inject some reality here so there isnt a total meltdown if things dont exactly workout the way many here are assuming it will.

If dudes haven't figured out that your message is that of the voice of reason trying to prevent meltdowns from those who expect greatness from UM and from those who wouldn't be shocked to see UM get the local stars UM is SUPPOSED to get they'll never figure it out.

I, for one, understand what you're trying to do (as you've stated your opinion on this 100 times), but I think it's unnecessary. Some of us think that UM should get the guys in our back yard. We did it last year. Where was all this FSU heat last year? We got our local guys, and some of us think we'll do it again. And if we don't, then we will have failed because we are SUPPOSED TO get those guys. But if we miss a guy or two, then losing a couple battles will not mean that we lost the war either.

I agree we should get the guys in our backyard, and I think we will once we start winning again, and this NCAA bullsh*t is off our backs, but there are also a lot of relatively newer posters here new to recruiting, and guys who lurk on these boards for info, and they take some of the stuff posted on here as gospel. You know this as well as I do. And even in the glory days, when we were winning and landing most of the kids we wanted, there was almost always some kid that screwed us, and we would get the inevitable, Botch Davis screwed up again, or "Coker cant close" or "Shammin is too busy playing snake", and half the board would go into a meltdown.

Im just saying, I think we are going to land some of these kids, but I see some troubling signs from some of them, and I just dont think some of the guys that many here are assuming are "locks" are going to fall our way. I dont want THAT, to taint what would otherwise be a solid class, and a **** of a job by Golden and this staff to pull in a lot of talent, considering the mediocrity of the last few years, and the NCAA hammer looming over our heads.

Im well aware of the games and wanting their "moment" of hype, etc. Some kids are more into this than others. Collins and Thomas, however, have not been those types of kids. Sure they may enjoy the attention, etc, but doesnt seem to be that they have been playing games during the process. Everything about these two kids leads me to think that they are truly torn and seriously considering heading North. Thomas moreso. Collins I think has warmed to us again, and I think we have a pretty good shot at grabbing him, but the actions of both of these kids screams more that they are seriously looking to leave, and not just playing games for attention.

LOL for such a so-called veteran you sure are overreacting to every detail. Calm down. Just b/c they aren't flipping commitments and attention whoring doesn't mean they aren't enjoying their moment in the spotlight. You need to really take some of that experience and apply it. I see you in every thread overreacting...

Dude its not about being some "veteran" or "old timer" Im not that fuggin old. The point is, this sh*t goes on ever year. Yes its gotten worse, but there is a pattern to this stuff, and you can usually tell when there are negative signs on some kids. My only point is to keep things in perspective and be realistic. It will be great if we get most of these kids, but ignoring many of the obvious warning signs and insisting its all just a game and that these kids are all ours, is going to set up a lot of people here for disappointment on NLOID. I hope it doesnt, but it happens EVERY f8cking year. Im just trying to inject some reality here so there isnt a total meltdown if things dont exactly workout the way many here are assuming it will.

If dudes haven't figured out that your message is that of the voice of reason trying to prevent meltdowns from those who expect greatness from UM and from those who wouldn't be shocked to see UM get the local stars UM is SUPPOSED to get they'll never figure it out.

I, for one, understand what you're trying to do (as you've stated your opinion on this 100 times), but I think it's unnecessary. Some of us think that UM should get the guys in our back yard. We did it last year. Where was all this FSU heat last year? We got our local guys, and some of us think we'll do it again. And if we don't, then we will have failed because we are SUPPOSED TO get those guys. But if we miss a guy or two, then losing a couple battles will not mean that we lost the war either.

I agree we should get the guys in our backyard, and I think we will once we start winning again, and this NCAA bullsh*t is off our backs, but there are also a lot of relatively newer posters here new to recruiting, and guys who lurk on these boards for info, and they take some of the stuff posted on here as gospel. You know this as well as I do. And even in the glory days, when we were winning and landing most of the kids we wanted, there was almost always some kid that screwed us, and we would get the inevitable, Botch Davis screwed up again, or "Coker cant close" or "Shammin is too busy playing snake", and half the board would go into a meltdown.

Im just saying, I think we are going to land some of these kids, but I see some troubling signs from some of them, and I just dont think some of the guys that many here are assuming are "locks" are going to fall our way. I dont want THAT, to taint what would otherwise be a solid class, and a **** of a job by Golden and this staff to pull in a lot of talent, considering the mediocrity of the last few years, and the NCAA hammer looming over our heads.

You're attempting to regulate the emotions of passionate fans. Let them do themselves. You pounding the "don't get your hopes up" drum constantly isn't going to change anything. Roll with it. There's gonna be ups and downs.

I'll keep my expectations up. I think we should put the fence up and get the local guys. You talk about us needing to win. Well, so does fsu. They haven't won jack sh#t. They're coming off a sh#tty underachieving season, and they lost most of their staff. There's plenty of unrest up there. I don't see why they should be considered a lock to come down here and steal our guys.

Advertisement

You're attempting to regulate the emotions of passionate fans. Let them do themselves. You pounding the "don't get your hopes up" drum constantly isn't going to change anything. Roll with it. There's gonna be ups and downs.

I'll keep my expectations up. I think we should put the fence up and get the local guys. You talk about us needing to win. Well, so does fsu. They haven't won jack sh#t. They're coming off a sh#tty underachieving season, and they lost most of their staff. There's plenty of unrest up there. I don't see why they should be considered a lock to come down here and steal our guys.

Im not saying they are a lock to come down here and steal whoever they want. But FSU can also get away with a lot more sh*t in recruiting than we can right now too. Jimbo is dirty as F8ck, and we have one hand tied behind our backs right now.

Collins- UM - Seems like the kind of kid who might like other programs a little better than us, but ultimately decides to stay home for personal reasons

Coley- FSU - Unfortunately, we just got on the kid too late, and I feel this is the one guy FSU gets. He is the guy we likely lost due to our McDonald's departure, and later, when we might have won him back, we lose Fisch at the last second before signing day.

Thomas- UM. Booker T kids that we want never leave.

Grace - UM - Duh!

Bostwick- UM

Bryant- UM/out of state school. Seems like the kind of kid who might want to leave home, or rather, isn't afraid to leave his hometown, and wants to prove it.

Kirkland-- UM. Booker T kid.

RR-- No idea, but if I had to guess, LSU.

These are all entirely uninformed opinions. Just my best guess based on what these kids have been saying to people like Pete, and history.

Advertisement
Question for the board....Why would Collins select ARK out of all the SEC schools he could go to? Other than playing time it doesn't really make sense. Their academics suck (I know that may not be an issue for some), they have NO chance of contending for a conference title in the next 3 years, much less a NC. Is it a combination of playing time and fondess for Bielema?

Today's events make me believe we'll end up with every one but Bryant and I'm 50/50 on Coley.

This news is great news for our recruiting overall and I have come around to the thinking we'll keep a Booker T. kid.

Beat Duke and let the kid rush the floor. Be a great memory all the way around of today.

Collins-UM
Coley-UM
Thomas-UM
Grace-UM
Bostwick-UM
Bryant-FSU
Kirkland-UM
RR-LSU

In light of our recent hire I revisited this, but nothing changes for me. Only thing is if I did confidence percentages my numbers would all go up.

My realistic prediction is a simple equation
Al Golden+ cristobal+ barrow + coley = EVERYONE (insert everyone gif)

Advertisement
Question for the board....Why would Collins select ARK out of all the SEC schools he could go to? Other than playing time it doesn't really make sense. Their academics suck (I know that may not be an issue for some), they have NO chance of contending for a conference title in the next 3 years, much less a NC. Is it a combination of playing time and fondess for Bielema?

it's his scumbag coach who has connections to Bielema

Collins-UM
Coley-UM
Thomas-UM
Grace-UM
Bostwick-UM
Bryant-FSU
Kirkland-UM
RR-LSU

In light of our recent hire I revisited this, but nothing changes for me. Only thing is if I did confidence percentages my numbers would all go up.

agreed on this.
Collins...warming up to current Miami players
Coley...his HS coach being a Cane def helps
Thomas...Miami w/ or w/o Coley coming to staff.
Grace...lock
Bostwick...family loves Miami, hope grades are in line
Bryant...either trolling real hard or truly is warming up to FSU
Kirkland...Miami lock
RR...too late in the game, Miami never has luck with Ely kids

My realistic prediction is a simple equation
Al Golden+ cristobal+ barrow + coley = EVERYONE (insert everyone gif)

168.gif

Advertisement
frankly I wont be happy if we dont get BOTH 6 and Collins. no reason we shouldnt get those guys.

Coley we should get too but I dont have a read on him

I think these guys are virtual locks

Bostwick
Grace
Kirkland

no idea with Bryant.

I think we are better than even odds with the CB out of Ely

in summary, the OP is a troll

It is very possible that we could end up with 10 of the Final ESPN 150 rankings and if we wanted an 11th with Jordan Cunningham.

Already committed/signed:
58. Al-Quadin Muhammad
70. Artie Burns
87. Kevin Olsen
136. Standish Dobard

Undecided:
6. Matthew Thomas
47. Stacy Coley
57. Alex Collins
135. Keith Bryant
138. Jermaine Grace
144. Denver Kirkland

It is very possible that we could end up with 10 of the Final ESPN 150 rankings and if we wanted an 11th with Jordan Cunningham.

Already committed/signed:
58. Al-Quadin Muhammad
70. Artie Burns
87. Kevin Olsen
136. Standish Dobard

Undecided:
6. Matthew Thomas
47. Stacy Coley
57. Alex Collins
135. Keith Bryant
138. Jermaine Grace
144. Denver Kirkland