Realistic Prediction

Why do those predicting Collins to RKansas make that call?

What leads you to believe this?

Advertisement
Why do guys feel like they have to bargain with their expectations? Like if we get one really great player like Collins we have to lose a great player like Thomas? Great programs don't think that way. Get your expectations up, Canes fans, and drop the inferiority complex.

Because people handle the disappointment and adversity like women. Bad news shatters their sense of reason and they can't move forward without going ape ****. So they minimize the expectations in the hopes that they can maintain control of their fragile emotional state.

OR, its because some of us have followed this stuff for almost 30 years, and know the ups and downs of recruiting, and that you never get all the guys you want, schools and players jerk fans and other schools around, and that anyone expecting a clean sweep or some kind of surprise bonanza of talent on NLOID is setting themselves up for disappointment. It would be one thing if most of them were committed, but these kids are all blue chippers being courted by some of the top programs from around the country, the idea that Golden, coming off a mediocre season, with the NCAA sh*t hanging over our heads, is going to run a clean sweep on all these guys is the height of homerism IMO.

Look, I want all these guys as much as they next cat. But being a realist doesnt mean you cant handle adversity. Every year we have the guys that come in here chest thumping, how we are going to get all these guy etc, and then NLOID hits, and we lose a few guys here and there, and pick up some unexpected guy here or there, and many of the same cats are then trashing the kids we do get as JAGS and scrubs and bashing the coaches, if we lose out on Thomas, Bryant and Collins, I guarantee some d*ckhead is going to be on here screaming about how "Golden cant close". And for what? All things considered, if we land guys like Grace, Kirkland, and Bostwick, to go with the guys we have committed now, I would say its still a pretty solid class. But that's not now people will think of it, intstead it will be f*cking Armageddon on here, because everyone was EXPECTING Golden to pull some kind of miracle with all these kids.

I would rather be pleasantly surprised on NLOID than heartbroken. So I think its best to look at this realistically. Look, 15-20 years ago I was chomping at the bit like you guys ever signing day to see what prospects we would get, believing we could clean up on every kid we wanted, etc.. and Ive gone through all the ups and downs. But again, Ive been following this stuff for almost 30 years, and Ive come to realize that you just have to hold on for the ride and hope for the best.

The fact that everything else in the world should be pushing COllins to us. The fact that it SHOULD be a no brainer, and yet he still hasnt/wont pull the trigger, the fact that he keeps looking and holding back, and the fact that his coach and main advisor in this, has a hard on for Bielema and has clearly been pushing Collins first to Wisky and now to Arkansas.

Honestly, every factor here should be showing Collins that he belongs here, the fact that he's still unsure, is a very troubling sign. If he cant see CLEAR as a bell how perfect this is for him, then something else is going on in this kids head. Same thing with Thomas, which is why I have serious doubts about both. Thomas moreso than Collins. I think we are 50/50 for Collins, and hopefully the girlfriend, family, friends, and situation win out, but with Thomas, I just have grave doubts.

The fact that everything else in the world should be pushing COllins to us. The fact that it SHOULD be a no brainer, and yet he still hasnt/wont pull the trigger, the fact that he keeps looking and holding back, and the fact that his coach and main advisor in this, has a hard on for Bielema and has clearly been pushing Collins first to Wisky and now to Arkansas.

Honestly, every factor here should be showing Collins that he belongs here, the fact that he's still unsure, is a very troubling sign. If he cant see CLEAR as a bell how perfect this is for him, then something else is going on in this kids head. Same thing with Thomas, which is why I have serious doubts about both. Thomas moreso than Collins. I think we are 50/50 for Collins, and hopefully the girlfriend, family, friends, and situation win out, but with Thomas, I just have grave doubts.

I understand that you've been following recruiting for 30 years. And that's great. Have you not noticed the changes in kids recently? Many of these big time recruits want their 15 minutes...and they're going to ring the rag out and soak up every last drop before they give up the booty. They may know where they want to go, but no one will find out till NSD.

I understand that you've been following recruiting for 30 years. And that's great. Have you not noticed the changes in kids recently? Many of these big time recruits want their 15 minutes...and they're going to ring the rag out and soak up every last drop before they give up the booty. They may know where they want to go, but no one will find out till NSD.

Im well aware of the games and wanting their "moment" of hype, etc. Some kids are more into this than others. Collins and Thomas, however, have not been those types of kids. Sure they may enjoy the attention, etc, but doesnt seem to be that they have been playing games during the process. Everything about these two kids leads me to think that they are truly torn and seriously considering heading North. Thomas moreso. Collins I think has warmed to us again, and I think we have a pretty good shot at grabbing him, but the actions of both of these kids screams more that they are seriously looking to leave, and not just playing games for attention.

Advertisement

Im well aware of the games and wanting their "moment" of hype, etc. Some kids are more into this than others. Collins and Thomas, however, have not been those types of kids. Sure they may enjoy the attention, etc, but doesnt seem to be that they have been playing games during the process. Everything about these two kids leads me to think that they are truly torn and seriously considering heading North. Thomas moreso. Collins I think has warmed to us again, and I think we have a pretty good shot at grabbing him, but the actions of both of these kids screams more that they are seriously looking to leave, and not just playing games for attention.

LOL for such a so-called veteran you sure are overreacting to every detail. Calm down. Just b/c they aren't flipping commitments and attention whoring doesn't mean they aren't enjoying their moment in the spotlight. You need to really take some of that experience and apply it. I see you in every thread overreacting...

In other words you don't have to "play games for attention".

Back away from the cliff old-timer.

Advertisement
I don't know bout you guys but I don't think Al gives jack **** about what's realistic and what's not

Advertisement
My predictions for this year (if you know me, you know that my predictions are not based on fact or logic.)

R. Robinson 12.3%
S. Coley 2% + tax
K. Bryant 85.3%
J. Grace 92.1%
A. Collins 50.4% + 49.6
M. Thomas 58%
J. Bostwick 77% and change
D. Kirkland 60% (more likely to move to Denver than sign anywhere but Miami)

It will not be televised, brother

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnJFhuOWgXg

Advertisement

LOL for such a so-called veteran you sure are overreacting to every detail. Calm down. Just b/c they aren't flipping commitments and attention whoring doesn't mean they aren't enjoying their moment in the spotlight. You need to really take some of that experience and apply it. I see you in every thread overreacting...

Dude its not about being some "veteran" or "old timer" Im not that fuggin old. The point is, this sh*t goes on ever year. Yes its gotten worse, but there is a pattern to this stuff, and you can usually tell when there are negative signs on some kids. My only point is to keep things in perspective and be realistic. It will be great if we get most of these kids, but ignoring many of the obvious warning signs and insisting its all just a game and that these kids are all ours, is going to set up a lot of people here for disappointment on NLOID. I hope it doesnt, but it happens EVERY f8cking year. Im just trying to inject some reality here so there isnt a total meltdown if things dont exactly workout the way many here are assuming it will.

Dude its not about being some "veteran" or "old timer" Im not that fuggin old. The point is, this sh*t goes on ever year. Yes its gotten worse, but there is a pattern to this stuff, and you can usually tell when there are negative signs on some kids. My only point is to keep things in perspective and be realistic. It will be great if we get most of these kids, but ignoring many of the obvious warning signs and insisting its all just a game and that these kids are all ours, is going to set up a lot of people here for disappointment on NLOID. I hope it doesnt, but it happens EVERY f8cking year. Im just trying to inject some reality here so there isnt a total meltdown if things dont exactly workout the way many here are assuming it will.

If dudes haven't figured out that your message is that of the voice of reason trying to prevent meltdowns from those who expect greatness from UM and from those who wouldn't be shocked to see UM get the local stars UM is SUPPOSED to get they'll never figure it out.

I, for one, understand what you're trying to do (as you've stated your opinion on this 100 times), but I think it's unnecessary. Some of us think that UM should get the guys in our back yard. We did it last year. Where was all this FSU heat last year? We got our local guys, and some of us think we'll do it again. And if we don't, then we will have failed because we are SUPPOSED TO get those guys. But if we miss a guy or two, then losing a couple battles will not mean that we lost the war either.

Advertisement
Back