Realistic Options

Advertisement
@Liberty City El

Unrelated to coaching search, what do you think about the BYU HC?
Kalani Sitake is a very good coach, the very first Tongan HC in college football.

He came up under Gary Crowton at BYU & was with Gary Andersen at Southern Utah before Kyle Whittingham brought him over to Utah.

He’s a classic Utah style coach, is all about Family values & toughness, he assembled a very good staff over at BYU once he took over after Bronco Mendenhall left.

His OC Aaron Roderick is a very good play caller, but all those guys are Utah/West Coast lifers, they’re not ever going to leave too far from their culture & environment. All of them are Mormons & have deeply rooted belief system that they don’t compromise for money.

You’re not ever really going to entice them with leaving from the BYU/Utah/Utah St type programs because that’s all they ever know & are comfortable with. They would never fit in Miami.

But aside from that, very good coach & has a consistent winning program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
USC is always the right coach away from being a playoff program. They’ll dominate the PAC and have no recruiting challengers near them when they’re run right. They have money and legacy.

They’ve been saying that about Tenn for 20 years..same with UofM..same with Miami. Similar to us. USC hasn’t been USC since Pete. Cali, just like Miami and south Florida, Is being raided of its talent. And that won’t change unless USC is willing to pour into its program..they aren’t even top 15 in money spent on recruiting..have you watched them play? That’s not all coaching. There’s a void of talent at usc..the top Cali kids are leaving
In your haste to be your usually contrarian self, I said “when they’re run right.”

They’re not in the same boat as Miami either, given location, money and recruiting competition. A lot of those kids really would prefer to stay in Cali and their network can pay plenty.

Everyone has failed here too! Matter fact, more coaches have failed here than there lol. If you cannot win there you cannot win here, simple as that. It’s easier to win there honestly. It’s easier because they have the most money in CFB, the easiest recruiting grounds. Kids are bread to be Texas fans in that state and down here there ain’t no loyalty. Last 5 years they have been going elsewhere cause Herman could not win or recruit. I don’t care if their team with their current bum coach lost to sisters of the blind today, that does not make him a good coach for going 7-3 there! We not trying to only win 71 percent of our games here!

Was Larry Coker a good hire?

Was Randy Shannon a good hire?

Was Al Golden a good hire?

Was Mark Richt a good hire?

Was Manny D……. I can’t even finish the question 😂😂😂😂😂

In that list of 5 you will find about 1.25 worth of competent head coaching. 0.75 in Richt and 0.5 in Golden.

Richt was past his prime and was still the best in 20 years.

We just need a good coach. Not elite. Not legendary.

Mario, Lane, Herman, Freeze, Stoops would all be home runs.

Aranda, Leopold, Clark, Dykes, O’Brien,Napier etc would have potential. Need to do our due diligence in the interviewing process (which I know is not what we usually do).

First realistic option is fire Blake and No D Manny by tomorrow night. I know discussing possible coaches but that is my first reaction every time I see the thread title

Advertisement
Advertisement
I disagree, he would do very well here. This is NOT Texas, he would definitely at the very least have us winning the CORSTAL division consistently.

I believe he can dominate the ACC and not lose games he should win. Again, this isn't the Big 12
I wouldn't say he's trash, now Manny is trash.
He had unlimited resources in Texas. Something he will not have in Miami. I just don't see him being successful at Miami.

And Kiffin wasn't good at ....., and Leach has never won more than .......

We're not getting a guy with a P5 history of regular 11 win seasons.
I would like to know who these posters think we are getting??? HONESTLY, this admin will not hire half the guys we want anyway. If Urban Meyers walked in and asked to work for free they still wouldnt hire him! FOOH

Advertisement
Back