Realistic Options

Your link has them at 6. Do you agree that UF is a better job than ND, Michigan, Texas, and USC?
Yea I’ve got that job ahead of USC no question..ahead of ND. Kelly is a great coach for them and it takes a special someone to deal with that. But that program has been overrated for a couple decades..U of M is interesting. They want to operate like ND imo..But they are OSU little brother because OSU doesn’t mind prioritizing Football over everything else lol

UF is in the SEC..in the state of Florida as the biggest school..and right in the proximity of SEC country..it’s a top 5 program to coach at. I saw someone say their facilities are outdated..it’s still top 20 in that department when it comes to its athletic facilities..if I’d rank Miami..it’s still a top 15-20 job. USC the same imo..Texas and Texas A&M (been trending towards this path since 2010) are both top 10 jobs now imo..I’d add this, if Tamu and Texas don’t get they **** together by the time they make that move to the sec, then I think OU will jump them as well..it’s 2021..pedigree and prestige doesn’t matter as much as it used too

Advertisement
Yea I’ve got that job ahead of USC no question..ahead of ND. Kelly is a great coach for them and it takes a special someone to deal with that. But that program has been overrated for a couple decades..U of M is interesting. They want to operate like ND imo..But they are OSU little brother because OSU doesn’t mind prioritizing Football over everything else lol

UF is in the SEC..in the state of Florida as the biggest school..and right in the proximity of SEC country..it’s a top 5 program to coach at. I saw someone say their facilities are outdated..it’s still top 20 in that department when it comes to its athletic facilities..if I’d rank Miami..it’s still a top 15-20 job. USC the same imo..Texas and Texas A&M (been trending towards this path since 2010) are both top 10 jobs now imo..I’d add this, if Tamu and Texas don’t get they **** together by the time they make that move to the sec, then I think OU will jump them as well..it’s 2021..pedigree and prestige doesn’t matter as much as it used too
Outside of the top 5 or so, the next 15-20 are almost interchangeable. One has resources, another has legacy, another has the staff, but one have it all.

Obvious fact?

2021 survey of athletic directors, assistant coaches, etc across CFB for most desirable job. UF was #10, UM #13.

Your 247 link was some ******* who was just giving his own opinion. The link I gave involved an actual survey of personnel from across cfb.
Fair enough..idk htf usc is that high..based on what?? History? Can’t be based on any recent results..usc being turned down by top candidates time after time should tell ppl something. It’s not as admirable a job as the history of the program says it should be. Similar to us.

Advertisement
Fair enough..idk htf usc is that high..based on what?? History? Can’t be based on any recent results..usc being turned down by top candidates time after time should tell ppl something. It’s not as admirable a job as the history of the program says it should be. Similar to us.
USC is always the right coach away from being a playoff program. They’ll dominate the PAC and have no recruiting challengers near them when they’re run right. They have money and legacy.

041112_wannstedt.jpg

In theory, Texas should be #1 given that up until last year they were the most profitable program in the country (TAMU just passed them), are a good academic school, had a monopoly on Texas recruiting (not even Bama was a threat since Texas players are all raised to worship UT), and infinite money and resources. However, it is an open secret that the boosters are constantly meddling with the program. Whereas Saban can tell his boosters to STFU and give him money, a Texas coach has to schmooze the boosters and if he doesn't, the boosters will threaten to turn off the spigot.

USC is a prestige program. Top 25 academics, huge booster support, and a competent coach would lock down California recruiting. Whereas the SEC schools always cherry pick S Fl, when USC is good it doesn't have much recruiting competition. As for why coaches turn them down, I would have to see who they went after that said "no" to figure out the reason.

USC is always the right coach away from being a playoff program. They’ll dominate the PAC and have no recruiting challengers near them when they’re run right. They have money and legacy.
They’ve been saying that about Tenn for 20 years..same with UofM..same with Miami. Similar to us. USC hasn’t been USC since Pete. Cali, just like Miami and south Florida, Is being raided of its talent. And that won’t change unless USC is willing to pour into its program..they aren’t even top 15 in money spent on recruiting..have you watched them play? That’s not all coaching. There’s a void of talent at usc..the top Cali kids are leaving

Advertisement
In theory, Texas should be #1 given that up until last year they were the most profitable program in the country (TAMU just passed them), are a good academic school, had a monopoly on Texas recruiting (not even Bama was a threat since Texas players are all raised to worship UT), and infinite money and resources. However, it is an open secret that the boosters are constantly meddling with the program. Whereas Saban can tell his boosters to STFU and give him money, a Texas coach has to schmooze the boosters and if he doesn't, the boosters will threaten to turn off the spigot.

USC is a prestige program. Top 25 academics, huge booster support, and a competent coach would lock down California recruiting. Whereas the SEC schools always cherry pick S Fl, when USC is good it doesn't have much recruiting competition. As for why coaches turn them down, I would have to see who they went after that said "no" to figure out the reason.
I agree with Texas. Them and Tennessee spend a lot of money and don’t seem to get it right. Texas has tried everything lol. Tenn was in love with the nick Saban coaching tree…USC was seemingly in love with the Pete carrol tree and finding a guy who had USC ties. And all you said at the bottom is true..but the floodgates of Cali to the SEC won’t be closing anytime soon

Lane would light it up here with TVD and the young play makers. He knows the importance of recruiting and has seen several SEC and NFL programs to know where Miami needs to improve at behind the scenes. My concern with him is that 1. His resume is littered with loses to lesser talented teams than his and 2. Is Kiffin the tough, disciplinarian I think our team needs right now.

That's why I think Mario is the perfect guy at this time. Proven team builder, tough, no nonsense coach. Good recruiter, and most important for our team he's an oline talent evaluator and developer which we need particularly bad. The biggest knock I see against him is the offense they are running at Oregon but he hire Joe Moorehead who is a big name OC. Moorehead has a track record of running a high pace, spread offense (miss st and Penn st). I think they are so run heavy now because their QB isn't a great passer. I believe he wouldn't hesitate to hire a Lashlee type coordinator.

For the Tom Hermon people: I see a lot of talk at Texas about 'fixing the culture' and 'getting the soft kids out', which would be Herman's culture and soft players. What say y'all?

That was what Charlie Strong was trying to do when they ran him out of town.

Herman had three decent years.

The culture problem Texas had is much worse, deeper, and different than ours.

A coach here doesn’t have to deal with the meddling. It is actually the opposite in that our admin is too hands off and waits until things are death spiraling to make obvious moves. That gives a good coach the autonomy he needs to put his blueprint in place.

A good coach with a solid investment in the resources (recruiting, support staff) can win TONS OF GAMES here.

Do not forget Richt’s first two years. Good (not great) recruiting by Golden matched with average competence coordinators lead to 9 and 10 wins.

What could a good coach with good coordinators running systems that fit do with solid financial support? It’s obvious we would be in position to take control of the ACC, win 10-12 games every season and always be in the playoff discussion.

There are several available candidates who could accomplish this. My biggest thing is recruiting and who is the dc if we get an offensive guru. If we just do solid in those areas, we will be a strong program.

Advertisement
Because the guy he replaced had multiple losing seasons, and they guy replacing him is as well.
And Sarkisian wasnt good at USC. You're surprised the guy who couldn't cut it at USC may not get it done at Texas either? Tom Herman is not going to magically succeed because he comes to Miami. He's a 7 to 9 win coach. Manny is a 6 to 8 win coach. I'm tired of 7 to 9 wins.

Advertisement
And Sarkisian wasnt good at USC. You're surprised the guy who couldn't cut it at USC may not get it done at Texas either? Tom Herman is not going to magically succeedbecause he comes to Miami. He's a 7 to 9 win coach. Manny is a 6 to 8 win coach. I'm tired of 7 to 9 wins.

And Kiffin wasn't good at ....., and Leach has never won more than .......

We're not getting a guy with a P5 history of regular 11 win seasons.

Whoever becomes head coach should be reaching out to Jimmy Lake. Lots of rumors saying he's getting fired by Washington this week. Would be a great DC down here
**** no, Look at he reason why hes getting fired.

Advertisement
Back