*Realistic* OC Hot Board

Yost or Lashlee, Ok St was a run heavy team this year & Miami's OL isnt set up for that IMO

If we’re hiring an OC based on this teams o-line we’re better off hiring a punting coach. The OC should be hired for the future and an ok st offense is very similar to what high schools down here in sfl run

Advertisement
Great thread

Bedenbaugh is not on the list for the reason you mentioned

Brady is on the list

Advertisement
Fedora would be a great hire but would be a expensive hire, he still is getting paid from his last job and if he takes a coaching position he will lose that money. That why he is now a analyst now.

Advertisement
Since Joe Brady will get a blank check at the end of the season to say in Baton Rouge, let's explore some realistic names:

Major Applewhite/Larry Fedora - Both were reportedly finalists for the job last year and are currently both analysts (at Alabama and Texas, respectively). Would be lazy hires on the surface but both have HC experience and have run successful, high-powered offenses in the past. Probably a bigger fan of Applewhite TBH.

Sean Gleeson (Oklahoma St.) - Has the Cowboys 16th in total offense in his first year in Stillwater and only making about $550k. I would think a pay bump and an Associate HC title would probably do the trick.

Rhett Lashlee - Has SMU in the top 10 in total offense and is a Gus Malzahn disciple.

David Yost (Texas Tech) - Making $600k at Tech and Lubbock is a **** hole, so this would be a fairly easy sell IMO. Resume reads like a who's-who of some of the better offenses in CFB (TTU, Utah St., Oregon, Washington St., Mizzou) over the past 15 years.

Warren Ruggiero (Wake Forest) - Has done incredible work with 2 and 3 star talent at Wake.

Bill Bedenbaugh (Oklahoma) - Hasn't called plays before, which is a major red flag for me. Takes care of the OL coaching issue but we would be putting too much stock in him trying to run OU's system. Another Enos-type hire if it came to fruition.
SMU offense got shut down by ... FAU, no thanks

Advertisement
If Manny sticks with his Mark Richt-lite approach of: "We've seen the pro-style work before" I'd expect a less than stellar hire. We need fan service here, open this **** up and let it fly. If it doesn't work fans have no room to complain. Seems like a win/win to me if I'm Manny.

Advertisement
Yost if you wanna pass more

Lashlee if you want to be a run dominate team with some over the top passing still

Either of them I think would be amazing hires

Advertisement
Back