*Realistic* OC Hot Board

Since Joe Brady will get a blank check at the end of the season to say in Baton Rouge, let's explore some realistic names:

Major Applewhite/Larry Fedora - Both were reportedly finalists for the job last year and are currently both analysts (at Alabama and Texas, respectively). Would be lazy hires on the surface but both have HC experience and have run successful, high-powered offenses in the past. Probably a bigger fan of Applewhite TBH.

Sean Gleeson (Oklahoma St.) - Has the Cowboys 16th in total offense in his first year in Stillwater and only making about $550k. I would think a pay bump and an Associate HC title would probably do the trick.

Rhett Lashlee - Has SMU in the top 10 in total offense and is a Gus Malzahn disciple.

David Yost (Texas Tech) - Making $600k at Tech and Lubbock is a **** hole, so this would be a fairly easy sell IMO. Resume reads like a who's-who of some of the better offenses in CFB (TTU, Utah St., Oregon, Washington St., Mizzou) over the past 15 years.

Warren Ruggiero (Wake Forest) - Has done incredible work with 2 and 3 star talent at Wake.

Bill Bedenbaugh (Oklahoma) - Hasn't called plays before, which is a major red flag for me. Takes care of the OL coaching issue but we would be putting too much stock in him trying to run OU's system. Another Enos-type hire if it came to fruition.

Advertisement
Since Joe Brady will get a blank check at the end of the season to say in Baton Rouge, let's explore some realistic names:

Major Applewhite/Larry Fedora - Both were reportedly finalists for the job last year and are currently both analysts (at Alabama and Texas, respectively). Would be lazy hires on the surface but both have HC experience and have run successful, high-powered offenses in the past. Probably a bigger fan of Applewhite TBH.

Sean Gleeson (Oklahoma St.) - Has the Cowboys 16th in total offense in his first year in Stillwater and only making about $550k. I would think a pay bump and an Associate HC title would probably do the trick.

Rhett Lashlee - Has SMU in the top 10 in total offense and is a Gus Malzahn disciple.

David Yost (Texas Tech) - Making $600k at Tech and Lubbock is a **** hole, so this would be a fairly easy sell IMO. Resume reads like a who's-who of some of the better offenses in CFB (TTU, Utah St., Oregon, Washington St., Mizzou) over the past 15 years.

Warren Ruggiero (Wake Forest) - Has done incredible work with 2 and 3 star talent at Wake.

Bill Bedenbaugh (Oklahoma) - Hasn't called plays before, which is a major red flag for me. Takes care of the OL coaching issue but we would be putting too much stock in him trying to run OU's system. Another Enos-type hire if it came to fruition.

Yost

Advertisement
Lashlee came up alongside Malzahn and the traditional spread/read option offense. He now works under Sonny Dykes and the air raid system. Perfect blend despite their showing in the bowl game... he would be my choice in a 1a 1b situation with Ruggiero the other option.

Advertisement
Lashlee came up alongside Malzahn and the traditional spread/read option offense. He now works under Sonny Dykes and the air raid system. Perfect blend despite their showing in the bowl game... he would be my choice in a 1a 1b situation with Ruggiero the other option.
Agree. Him or yost.

I want tempo for once , I’m so sick of watching our players fingering their butts waiting on enos to find a play in his coloring book.

Advertisement
Agree. Him or yost.

I won’t tempo for once , I’m so sick of watching our players fingering their butts waiting on enos to find a play in his coloring book.

Pace and space and there won’t be many teams in the entire country able to come to Miami and hang in the heat and humidity. It’s just the perfect fit that we have been avoiding when it’s been obvious for 15 years or so now. There’s so many names out there that will at least bring that style.

Advertisement
Adding a few more:

Rich Rodriguez (Former Ole Miss OC) - Might be polarizing but Ole Miss was quietly top 30 in total O this past year, despite their record.

Will Hall (Tulane) - Was Norvell's Associate HC and has led an offensive renaissance at Tulane (24th in Total O this season)

Eric Morris (Incarnate Word) - Saw this name on Josh White's twitter and thought it was an interesting name. Currently a HC in FCS but was Kingsbury's OC at Texas Tech for 4 years and was with Leach at Washington St. before that.

Advertisement
Back