Realistic coaching candidates

Advertisement
Wow, you guys are good, thanks... there's pretty much zero news where you would expect... Penn State sites, Adam's Twitter, other places, but yeah:
1616089994049.png

hmmn:
1616090292761.png

What about Miami Heat assistant coaches Malik Allen or Chris Quinn from the heat? Instill some Heat Culture into our program? Thoughts?
Howard worked out well for Michigan, I also like Anderson at Saint Johns, has an aggressive style, and his 2 and 3 star kids play hard, and our very competitive :

Advertisement

You may see Nisine Poplar decommit from Miami and follow Fisher to Penn State. Fisher was the lead guy for recruiting in Pennsylvania.
If Caputo or Courtney take the George Mason job then that would really mean the "ship be sinking" as Sugar Ray Richardson once said.

You may see Nisine Poplar decommit from Miami and follow Fisher to Penn State. Fisher was the lead guy for recruiting in Pennsylvania.
If Caputo or Courtney take the George Mason job then that would really mean the "ship be sinking" as Sugar Ray Richardson once said.

He signed his LOI

Advertisement
Sorry if this is the wrong thread to be asking. Totally out of the loop and lost interest in Miami basketball last couple years, but what's the status with Coach L? Is the assumption he survives & on the bench at least another season? Is there any talk of an exit strategy? Any discussion of what the future of the program looks like?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to be asking. Totally out of the loop and lost interest in Miami basketball last couple years, but what's the status with Coach L? Is the assumption he survives & on the bench at least another season? Is there any talk of an exit strategy? Any discussion of what the future of the program looks like?
There's been gazillions of posts and comments about this; hard to sum up. While a couple slurpers persist, most are fully fed up and want a change. His buyout, reputation, and a jellyfish AD and BOT likely stand in the way, so a year or 2 more is likely. No talk of exit or ANY other strategy: players are already leaving, or not returning, many gave up, and commits are bleak, as is next year and maybe beyond.

Advertisement
I haven't been keeping count but an alarming number of returning PSU players have hit the portal.

Two coaching changes in the last twelve months. The head and lead assistant who recruited the players are gone.
Allegedly, the head coach was abusive or racial slur I think.
Sadly, he had that team competitive.

If it happens, I wouldn't be surprised to see Timberlake going there as well. It's closer to home and it was Fisher that brought him to Miami after all. Georgetown and Virginia Tech could also be in play for Earl.
I would. Their prospects for the foreseeable future are worse than ours. Plus, I would expect Earl to seek a more urban environment. State College is literally in the middle of nowhere and while it might be a good place to advance a football career ... he can do much better in terms of basketball schools that will be interested in him. Pitt, for example.

Advertisement
I would. Their prospects for the foreseeable future are worse than ours. Plus, I would expect Earl to seek a more urban environment. State College is literally in the middle of nowhere and while it might be a good place to advance a football career ... he can do much better in terms of basketball schools that will be interested in him. Pitt, for example.

I'll never forget visiting Penn State when I was in high school - couldn't get the **** out of there fast enough. Some real These Hills Have Eyes sh*t out there man.

No. I don't want him to coach Miami.
The significance is that Jonas Aidoo will probably decommit from Marquette soon.

What's worse for HS recruiting? To have actual head coaching change, or to be hobbled by a lame duck coach who is unlikely to be around for the next few years?
THIS! It's pretty clear Coach L ain't gonna perform any George Mason magic here, and get an extension for it. Among all the other reasons that seem to suggest change is desirable, his purported Legendary Mentorship isn't a drawing card since the recruits know he is quite likely to leave Miami in the next 2 years or so.

Advertisement
Back