Realistic coaching candidates

For Caputo's sake, he needs to find a new job somewhere outside of Florida. Talk is he's burned a lot of bridges with the top travel programs in state and there just doesn't seem to be a lot folks who are high on him here. Doesn't look like he'd be able to pull many, if any, of the top prospects in Florida, even if he tried.
Really?! Can you share a bit of how he’s burned bridges?

Advertisement

I mentioned my desire for the next coach to run the Princeton offense at Miami. This coach shows how it should be run as a lot of teams use a variation of it.
FYI, it's not your dad's Princeton offense where they hold the ball for 35 seconds.
This offense has a lot of quick hitters in it.

Advertisement

angry mark cuban GIF

Advertisement
That surprises me if I'm correct in recalling Haith made $3M at one point here at UM.

Do you have a source for Haith making $3MM annually? I can't find it in the financial statements.

Do you have a source for Haith making $3MM annually? I can't find it in the financial statements.

I looked and could not find what I think I once read. So, I'm probably way off base. It's hard to tell coach's salaries anywhere, what with "guaranteed" money + incentives + bonuses., etc. Even harder at private schools.

I'm continuing to look for what I think I read, and will provide it if I do. At this point, I'm probably just plain wrong!

Coach L apparently came here, after Haith, for $1.3M. A raise from his $700K figure at Mason. Again, are those "baseline" numbers or something else? Hard to say.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Any updates on who is replacing Adam Fisher?

None. I actually think if Caputo gets the Maryland assistant coach job then Coach L will resign.
Logically thinking, you would replace an assistant coach to help you recruit before you start recruiting.
I could be wrong.

Advertisement
Back