Realistic coaching candidates

Advertisement
ETSU went with Desmond Oliver, most recently an assistant under Rick Barnes at Tennessee.

UNC going with Hubert Davis as well. Wes Miller is sitting *right there* for the taking.

Advertisement
Had to look it up but I didn't know until today that Ryan Odom was Dave Odom's boy. Good coaching bloodlines there.

Sean Miller finally canned from Arizona.

I'm not saying I would or if we should...but it would make for one helluva redemption story if Miller took over at Miami and built us into a contender and did it clean. If Miller ends up not having any kind of show cause tag from the NCAA...someone's gonna eventually hire him.

Advertisement
U of A looking with the Wildcat family at Miles Simon, Damon Stoudamire, Luke Walton and Josh Pastner.

Tommy Lloyd, Mark Few's loyal assistant at Gonzaga, also being considered and, reportedly they'll check in with Scott Drew and Eric Musselman. Wouldn't that be interesting for Lykes if Muss took the Arizona job? They aim high.

U of A looking with the Wildcat family at Miles Simon, Damon Stoudamire, Luke Walton and Josh Pastner.

Tommy Lloyd, Mark Few's loyal assistant at Gonzaga, also being considered and, reportedly they'll check in with Scott Drew and Eric Musselman. Wouldn't that be interesting for Lykes if Muss took the Arizona job? They aim high.

A few things:

A. Arizona is a name in college basketball but they're about to deal with the NCAA and those violations. I am sure coaches are lining up to deal with those penalties. I have no doubt that Arizona will pay an HC more than Miller but not many coaches are lining up for that.

B. That list is the combination of atrocious and somewhat unlikely.

1. Miles Simon

- No HC experience
- Hasn't coached in college since 2008 and Lute Olsen

2. Damon Stoudamire

- Very unimpressive as an HC at Pacific

3. Luke Walton

- HC experience but not much success

4. Josh Pastner

- HC experience but not very good
- His ACC Championship should have an asterisk on it.

5. Tommy Lloyd

- No HC experience

6. Scott Drew

- How often does the LT HC, who wins the championship, immediately bolt for another school?

7. Eric Musselman

- Underpaid HC who will likely get a big raise and an extension. He is a **** good HC and I am sure Arkansas will remember the last time they went past the Sweet 16 (1995).
- If he wants to go back West, this is a chance for him to do that but he has to deal with the NCAA.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Missed opportunity for Caputo. Hopefully, he will get an assistant coaching job there.

For Caputo's sake, he needs to find a new job somewhere outside of Florida. Talk is he's burned a lot of bridges with the top travel programs in state and there just doesn't seem to be a lot folks who are high on him here. Doesn't look like he'd be able to pull many, if any, of the top prospects in Florida, even if he tried.

For Caputo's sake, he needs to find a new job somewhere outside of Florida. Talk is he's burned a lot of bridges with the top travel programs in state and there just doesn't seem to be a lot folks who are high on him here. Doesn't look like he'd be able to pull many, if any, of the top prospects in Florida, even if he tried.

Yet another reason why this coaching change should have happened last month.

Wonderful.

Advertisement
Back