REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Listen guys Miami ****ed themselves during the shalala administration. In 2001 we were the greatest team in the nation, we had a history of greatness going back to the 80's, and the school was in the best recruiting grounds in the nation. After shalala took over Miami de-prioritized football, that is fact. We can debate what was done and why - and have on this board. But we have had 20 years to get our **** together and get a nationally competitive program on the field. We have chosen for whatever reason not to do that. We can't get ****ed when the 20 best teams in the nation who do prioritize their football programs decide to do something that benefits them and leaves us out in the cold. We could have been in, if even once we revered course and made football important at Miami again. In Alabama, Clemson, Ohio it's win at all costs. At Miami it's "all about the E" whatever that means? We have put ourselves in this position. If or when this happens we have nobody to blame but ourselves. I respect Alabama and Coach Saban, and am envious of the University's willingness to make that program what it is "the college football team". Those teams have earned the opportunity to be in there, and we have not.
Jesus H Christ....

Advertisement
So now we're Vandy lmao yall kill me

Not Vandy.

But more like VT with like 100x the average IQ at Blacksburg lol.

I think folks expecting us to ever get back to the 80s glory years when we were contenders every year are living in delulu land. Times have changed, everything in CF has changed. Miami is an anachronism of the past, unless we somehow acquire the resources to turn our program into an empire like Bama and Clemson. It's not even just about funding **** like locker rooms, i'm talking off field infrastructure like an organized well oiled booster system, "foundations", "life coaches" and "family advisors", and all the other crap that the dynasties have got running at full speed.

Even then, we have to be "allowed" to join the Ol Boys Club, or there will always be the chance we get burned. Some programs are privileged enough to spend 6 figures on recruits every year, others get threatened with the death penalty for yacht parties and Benihana steak dinners. Our most notorious booster was a ******* Ponzi scheming weirdo ffs. Yet somehow, Miami is the one being investigated?

Until this changes, not even Nick ******* Saban could get us back to the glory days. The best that we can hope for is a being a contender every few years with the right combination of luck, senior depth, and a gamechanging QB.

How she handled the process from start to finish and mismanaged university’s funds. You can’t pick and choose the parts you think she did well vs. didn’t. Notice I don’t blame her for taking the money and bringing Nevin in the fold, and give her credit for the academic side. She made a good hire in Hocutt, though she also hired Eichert and James. I just don’t bow at the temple of Shalala and think she is above criticism.

Where did I say she wasn’t above criticism. Does everyone do a perfect job in very aspect of their job? You seemed to have lost the the topic. You’re conflating a bunch of different things.

Advertisement
Where did I say she wasn’t above criticism. Does everyone do a perfect job in very aspect of their job? You seemed to have lost the the topic. You’re conflating a bunch of different things.
I don’t think I am. On the whole, I don’t think she handled the NCAA investigation well. You can say they dictate to you and whatever you want but they had the same information, the same motives, the same shortcoming of meeting whatever burden of proof. She clearly ****ed up notifying Golden despite whatever you think, and if she didn’t, then she shouldn’t have given him a raise and extension. I respect your opinion, don’t really care about it one way or the other, but I view it differently.

Edit - Having said all that, I’d kill to have her savvy guiding us through this.

We wouldn’t get crushed every year in the SEC. First off, a lot of kids we lose because the won’t to play in what they perceive to be the best conference, the SEC. It would be one less reason to leave actually and I think we may recruit better.
That's a wash, because us being in the SEC means those kids would be a target by more programs, they can pull the "We play Miami, so you can come here and still get to come home" card.

We wouldn’t get crushed every year in the SEC. First off, a lot of kids we lose because they want to play in what they perceive to be the best conference, the SEC. It would be one less reason to leave actually and I think we may recruit better overall.

This is a definite possibility … assuming we join the SEC which I personally think is unlikely to the highest degree, but would not object to joining the SEC.

Advertisement
The Big Ten makes $200 million more in TV money than the ACC and will survive. Why would Penn State leave?
Just spitballing stuff for fun sake, I don't know the conference revenues for any of them, we have history vs PSU & regionally its not a stretch considering Pitt is in the ACC.

Live look at ACC headquarters:

Sad Pablo Escobar GIF by NETFLIX

1627163522511.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Imagine being so stupid comparing us to Vandy

They have a **** recruiting base compared to us

We take football much more serious as much as some of you bozos would like to disagree

You can say all you want about academic standards but we let plenty of kids in who otherwise wouldn’t be getting in if they didn’t play football

We have a big brand as our NIL deals show

I don’t normally panic and I’m not panicking now, but if FSU and Clemson were to leave the ACC, we’re screwed then! Glad I got to see Miami win a couple rings in my lifetime, lol.

Advertisement
Back