REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

is money or competing what these schools want?

This is 100% about recruiting better. MARKETING. Paid players + Premier conference ='s everything out of our conference is 2ndary. That's the clear message to every highschool football player after this shakes out.

We really do go round and round about all these other issues when the whim of 17-18 year olds year after year are truly the ones etching the roadmap of the future.

Last edited:
Advertisement
In the SEC, yes, we are. Small private school with actual academic standards in a major city, with small donor pool, and iffy local support.
Right, because the schools recruit the same, have the same access to local high school talent, same history and tradition, etc. Also, Vandy is a much, much, much better school. Such a lazy and stupid comparison.

Advertisement
What would either team gain from joining a conference they would never win? Both teams have trouble making it through the Big 12 without a loss.
$, better recruiting, and they could still make the playoffs with 2 losses. They realize you are either moving up or down in this new era. Status quo is not likely

Remember when Nebraska joining the Big10 seemed like a really good idea for them?
It was, then they let an inept AD fire Pelini because 9 wins wasn’t good enough for them and their history. Been picking up the pieces ever since. No rational arguement can be made they would Have it better in the big 12, other than they would have their traditional rivalries and racking up some losing streaks

Logistics HAS to play a role in the decision making process. I just don’t see it being feasible for us to travel to the west coast 1-2-3 times a year. Let alone anything west of the Mississippi. Anything east of the Mississippi could probably be fair game.

Advertisement
Reputable?
1627171560609.png

Advertisement
The buyout is high too
Valid point but If the SEC has interest then you may have to figure it out.

I am all about forward thinking and creativity. Kudos to Texas, OU, and SEC for making this move. It’s a game changer. If this continues, one has to think the NCAA will join the Big East, soon.

Advertisement
Good thing if nd joins a conference in next 15 years they’re contractually obligated to join the acc

also I don’t think nd wants to be in the big 10
The way the ACC treated ND, last season, really bothered me. They got that Duke and UNC treatment. Outside of the chance of beating those Irish ***** every year, I don’t like the idea of ND joining the ACC and the ACC pushing their agenda of ND playing in title game.

Advertisement
Back