REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

A whole lot of dumb on this thread.

ACC needs another small private school like it needs a hole in the head. Schools left in the Big 12 are left for a reason. Pretty slim pickings that won't grow the pie larger. If you get Notre Dame to join and you need a 16th, maybe you consider West Virginia or Navy. But if you get Notre Dame to join, it'd be a long shot, but maybe you could get a big 10 team to jump over. They would be giving up money still, but not as much if Notre Dame improved the TV contract.

Advertisement
A whole lot of dumb on this thread.

ACC needs another small private school like it needs a hole in the head. Schools left in the Big 12 are left for a reason. Pretty slim pickings that won't grow the pie larger. If you get Notre Dame to join and you need a 16th, maybe you consider West Virginia or Navy. But if you get Notre Dame to join, it'd be a long shot, but maybe you could get a big 10 team to jump over. They would be giving up money still, but not as much if Notre Dame improved the TV contract.
ND and Maryland or WVU and we good.

Serviceable in football and basketball too

Notre Dame's not going to commit to more games; they don't have to.

Get 1 more team and force them into a Pod bracket instead and you're set with your 16.

Advertisement
The only team that makes sense from a logistical & historical standpoint is West Virginia.

I would also love to get Maryland back in the ACC, but they're probably making too much money in the Big Ten to think about coming back

**Long Post**

Here’s my proposal of a realignment. No more P5 football; it’ll be a P4 CFB.

ACC:
Clemson
Duke
FSU
GT
Maryland
Miami
NCSt
ND
Pitt
Syracuse
VT
UL
UNC
UVA
WF
WVA
*All teams are along the Atlantic Coastline Area w/ the exception of ND, but since they are already a part time member, and have a rivalry with us, it makes sense keeping them here. Maryland was an original ACC school, bring them back, and WVA was an arch nemesis to many teams in the ACC in the old Big East.

B1G:
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Iowa St
KU
KSt
Michigan
MSU
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
O$U
P$U
Purdue
Rutgers
Wisconsin
*All teams are located in the Midwest, with the exception of Rutgers who’s already a B1G member. A lot of natural, old school rivalries will be reignited in this conference.

PAC-16
Arizona
ASU
Baylor
Cal
Colorado
OKSt
Oregon
Oregon St
Stanford
TCU
Texas Tech
UCLA
USC
Utah
UW
WSU
*This one was a little more tricky, but the Texas Schools included in this Pac-12 expansion, all have the Brazos River connection which connects to the Gulf of Mexico. Yes, The Gulf of Mexico is technically kin to the Atlantic Ocean, but TX is closer to CA, than to FL (16 hr drive from L.A to Lubbock, TX as opposed to a 23hr drive from Lubbock to Miami), therefore these schools, would find a new home in the PAC. The outlier would be OKSt, but there’s natural rivals here w/ a lot of teams from the old B12.

SEC:
Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
L$U
Miss St
Missouri
Ole Pi$$
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Tenn
TAMU
Texas
Vandy
*UT & OU gets granted membership into the SEC

-Four 16 team conferences
-8 divisions
-4 championship games
-12 CFP team format

Thoughts?

Edit: Accidentally left out Louisville from The ACC, so I kicked out UCF and they’ll be in the G5 AAC.

Last edited:
Let’s not overthink this, add UCF, USF, FAU and FIU. Hire Billy McFarland as commissioner and have him pay a bunch of social media influencers to post to the world how we just created the most powerful super conference out there. WALLA problem solved!

Advertisement
**Long Post**

Here’s my proposal of a realignment. No more P5 football; it’ll be a P4 CFB.

ACC:
Clemson
Duke
FSU
GT
Maryland
Miami
NCSt
ND
Pitt
Syracuse
VT
UCF
UNC
UVA
WF
WVA
*All teams are along the Atlantic Coastline Area w/ the exception of ND, but since they are already a part time member, and have a rivalry with us, it makes sense keeping them here. Move UCF from a G5 to a P4 since they are the “2017 Nat’l Champions. Maryland was an original ACC school, bring them back, and WVA was an arch nemesis to many teams in the ACC in the old Big East.

B1G:
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Iowa St
KU
KSt
Michigan
MSU
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
O$U
P$U
Purdue
Rutgers
Wisconsin
*All teams are located in the Midwest, with the exception of Rutgers who’s already a B1G member. A lot of natural, old school rivalries will be reignited in this conference.

PAC-16
Arizona
ASU
Baylor
Cal
Colorado
OKSt
Oregon
Oregon St
Stanford
TCU
Texas Tech
UCLA
USC
Utah
UW
WSU
*This one was a little more tricky, but the Texas Schools included in this Pac-12 expansion, all have the Brazos River connection which connects to the Gulf of Mexico. Yes, The Gulf of Mexico is technically kin to the Atlantic Ocean, but TX is closer to CA, than to FL (16 hr drive from L.A to Lubbock, TX as opposed to a 23hr drive from Lubbock to Miami), therefore these schools, would find a new home in the PAC. The outlier would be OKSt, but there’s natural rivals here w/ a lot of teams from the old B12.

SEC:
Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
L$U
Miss St
Missouri
Ole Pi$$
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Tenn
TAMU
Texas
Vandy
*UT & OU gets granted membership into the SEC

-Four 16 team conferences
-8 divisions
-4 championship games
-12 CFP team format

Thoughts?
SEC is still the dominant league but there aren’t many options so it seems like an accurate possibility given the circumstances.

Pac and Big is a weird one but then again there’s that Rose Bowl connection. I’ll call it the Big Pac. Penn State technically isn’t in the Midwest and I think Pitt may physically be west of them by Ohio but that said, Pitt’s more of an East type school and Penn State seems to be a Big fit.

What happens to Boise St, Navy & BYU?

1627200633251.png

SEC is still the dominant league but there aren’t many options so it seems like an accurate possibility given the circumstances.

Pac and Big is a weird one but then again there’s that Rose Bowl connection. I’ll call it the Big Pac. Penn State technically isn’t in the Midwest and I think Pitt may physically be west of them by Ohio but that said, Pitt’s more of an East type school and Penn State seems to be a Big fit.

What happens to Boise St, Navy & BYU?

Yeah; PSU is not Midwest. If anything, they should be in our conference, and I was tempted to put them in, but no way in **** will The B1G give up PSU nor can I see them moving to any other conference.

The SEC is who they r; they r going to have all the big bank schools. Aint ish we can do bout it, either.

I was trying to logically make sense of all this; Texas is technically the South so I can see why TAMU & UT would love the SEC connection, but the rest of those schools r orphaned. Texas is closer to the West Coast line than the East Coast line, so that’s why I put the red headed step children of TX in the PAC from a geographical standpoint.

Boise St should move to a Power Conference, but seem content in the G5, in hopes of this expansion, garnishing them an opportunity in the CFP. Same thing w/ BYU; if anything, it’s BYU that should be in the PAC, NOT Utah. I see Navy, Army, remaining Independent. Truth be told, Air Force needs to be Independent, as well, instead of in that clunky MWC.

Without being labeled as a commie sympathizer from all of the ideologues on this forum, it's important to understand the root cause of CFB realignment, because it applies to societies & institutions as well. In the absence of a governing body that provides oversight to uphold parity, rivalries, and traditions, the divide between the haves & have nots becomes so wide that it's not sustainable, and the entire sport ends up imploding. This is once again another cautionary tale, about how the profit motive has no bounds. Texas, is the richest school in college athletics. It's athletic dept. generates upwards of $230 mil in revenue annually. Despite this it wants to make the move to the SEC, to earn even more money, even if that means winning will become harder. Is this not a classic case of misaligned incentives? In the process it only undermines the integrity of the sport. Another way to look at it is, the table is filled with food, and the SEC is full, but it continues to gorge itself anyway, just so everyone else is left with nothing.

I hope I am wrong, but I think we will see CFB that is similar to soccer overseas. A bunch of different levels & leagues, with each competing for its own titles and trying to carve out its own place in the media landscape.

"The world has enough for everyone's needs, but not enough for everyone's greed" -Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Blake James was smart(he’s not) he’d be begging on back channels to some how get in on the SEC jump

SEC is fixing to be the new Sole power 5 and everyone not will be treated as group of 5

If Blake James was smart(he’s not) he’d be begging on back channels to some how get in on the SEC jump

SEC is fixing to be the new Sole power 5 and everyone not will be treated as group of 5
No acc team is going anywhere with that media deal being extended to 2035-36. If a team leaves they have to pay money earned from home games and etc for the duration of the contract. Ou and texas are leaving because they arent extending the deal in the big12

Advertisement
Nebraska sucked well before they left for the Big Ten. Their biggest problem is lack of a strong recruiting base.
Nebraska was never as bad as they are now. At least not in the thirty years prior to joining the Big10. They have more money than ever but are worse than ever.

Georgia Tech is so far down what the state cares about. I say this without exaggeration but there is probably a more vested interest in Georgia Southern and Georgia State than Georgia Tech.
I'm so old, as a very young kid (first half of the 50s), I remember Ga Tech being always at the very top of the SEC. They went 59-7-3 with a couple undefeated seasons then. UGA was 28-32-2 in those years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back