RB situation

can we just all agree that no matter which one we lose, 95% of canes fans will say that one was the g.o.a.t.... never happy with what we got just always obsessed with the ones that got away... from what I've seen most have Cronkite the lowest rated of the 4 ( like that lil bit of difference wud really make or break us) but if he is the one that leaves there will be 100 threads about how he will be the greatest rb ever & smash every record at another school & the guys we got are garbage... happens every year... smdh

I care about those that play for Miami. We can only win with what we have. Our roster is built to win now.
I can't wait to see how Edwards and Tucker perform alongside Yearby. We will all know soon enough. I think Gus could be a dog if he lower's the pad level, gets stronger in the legs, and starts seeing holes a little bit better. He reminds me of ole boy from Syracuse not to long ago that's with the colts now.

Advertisement
I can see Cronkite leaving and Williams leaving giving us Scarlett and Walton.

We need some work horses, that is all I know. Personally out of the 4, Cronkite is the least impressive, he is still a stud but I think the others are just better. Cronkite is a talent that helps and would contribute at any program, but he isnt a difference maker. The other 3 have difference maker potential. Like another poster stated, I think it was maurice, Cronk is like Mike James, a kid you would have on your roster any chance you get but not a difference maker. You recruit all four til the end and then sort it out, cause as someone else pointed out we almost lost Yearby last year and did lose Powell, and they were EEs......

I don't get why people are dismissing Cronkite... kid averaged 11.8 yds per carry last year. That's almost a yard more per carry than Cook and Cronkite split carries with Tim Irvin in the backfield.

lol look at the teams he played.

All 4 are legit college rbs. Williams and Scarlett are home run hitters. JC is a move the chains back. Espin 300 ( for what it's worth) has DW at 79, JS 169 and JC at 280.

IMO, this staff would be crazy to put strings on DT'S recruitment as has been suggested in some posts.

All 4 are good. And if everything plays out well, all 4 could be here. People downplaying Cronk all of a sudden cause the recent comments is just straight up stupid. Cronk is a ******* stud, if you can't see that from his play. Idk what to tell you. All 4 are good.

People on the Cronk hate train all of a sudden need to shut up. It's pathetic.

I don't see a reason to bash any of them.

And all 4 of them have the ability to take it to the house on any play. I don't see 1 guy who doesn't have game changing ability. Rewatch those tapes.

People bashing Scarlett now too. That kid is game ready as soon as he steps in. We are in a position for all 4. Shut your mouths cause these guys could carry our offense into new heights in the future.

Take off the orange and green glasses for a second, just because a kid says or does something you don't like. Doesn't turn them into a worse player. It's pathetic, seriously. Seen this so much in the past.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Push the "less mileage on you as a RB" card. You take less of a beating sharing carries!! Besides, most running backs are getting 3rd round money now-a-days.

hard to sell that with the egos on these kids as they are used to being made out to be the savior of their high schools program

They all think they should have thirty carries a game in college.

All 4 are legit college rbs. Williams and Scarlett are home run hitters. JC is a move the chains back. Espin 300 ( for what it's worth) has DW at 79, JS 169 and JC at 280.

IMO, this staff would be crazy to put strings on DT'S recruitment as has been suggested in some posts.

We need the guys that can go all the way from anywhere on the field. My reaction to Cronkrite was that he was a Mike James type after I watched his video. A very good back, but he didn't explode like some backs do. A very solid, reliable, hard-running back. I might have been the one who posted the comparison to Mike James.

If these kids think they're going to carry 25-30 times a game, they are crazy. I felt we were running Duke too much last season and we were. Look what happened. We had no choice, though.

All 4 are good. And if everything plays out well, all 4 could be here. People downplaying Cronk all of a sudden cause the recent comments is just straight up stupid. Cronk is a ****ing stud, if you can't see that from his play. Idk what to tell you. All 4 are good.

People on the Cronk hate train all of a sudden need to shut up. It's pathetic.

I don't see a reason to bash any of them.

And all 4 of them have the ability to take it to the house on any play. I don't see 1 guy who doesn't have game changing ability. Rewatch those tapes.

People bashing Scarlett now too. That kid is game ready as soon as he steps in. We are in a position for all 4. Shut your mouths cause these guys could carry our offense into new heights in the future.

I hope we get all four. They all bring something different to the table. I like Cronkrite. I'd hate to lose him. He's foolish to think he's necessarily going to be "the guy" if he goes somewhere else. He might end up sharing carries as much as he would at Miami. RBs have a way of getting banged up and having to sit out. Williams is versatile and could be put all over the field--at RB, slot split him out wide. Cronkrite would get a lot of playing time. I wouldn't mind it if Walton came in a year later.

We need the guys that can go all the way from anywhere on the field. My reaction to Cronkrite was that he was a Mike James type after I watched his video. A very good back, but he didn't explode like some backs do. A very solid, reliable, hard-running back. I might have been the one who posted the comparison to Mike James.

If these kids think they're going to carry 25-30 times a game, they are crazy. I felt we were running Duke too much last season and we were. Look what happened. We had no choice, though.

Were gonna have to agree to disagree. Just watched Cronks tape again for the millionth time. I see a kid who has ability to be a threat for the end zone in the running game and return game and very heady on defense too. Don't see anything average and I would go as far to say I think his tape is the most exciting of the 4, not saying he's any better than any because of that. But I've always liked his tape the most. Oh well.

Advertisement
Also as for people throwing in the conversation about the competition Westminister plays.

Puh-lease

I could complain that I don't think...

Williams doesn't put up astronomical numbers and his team wasn't so great. (My real thoughts, he's one **** of an athlete)

Walton plays on possibly the best team in the country in high school and makes him better. (My real thoughts, kid can do it all and has shown up on the biggest stages and has shown up since he first played high school ball as a freshman, he's not a product of talent around him, he's the real deal.

Scarlett took less carries last year and none of us like U School (My real thoughts, kid has the prototype nfl runningback body, great strength and good speed. And now he goes to St. Thomas, high school NFL factory.)

If your gonna complain what Cronk plays in, I've seen him do it against good competition too. This is just beyond laughable.

I guess Tim Irvin not good enough either. Cause I see him cracking heads and making plays like the next honey badger.

Some of you are really funny people.

i like cronk but not enough to justify taking him plus one more over taking the 3 other backs. also think about team needs, williams would give us a home run hitter to replace duke. yearby is an all around back without the elite speed. scarlett would give us a better big back than gus and allow us to move gus to FB, especially if Walter might leave to pursue the olympics. that would leave walton and cronk, while i personally like cronk better, walton doesn't care about numbers and cronk does

We have a lot of angry fans.

I'm going on my 7th full cycle of recruiting and this is one of the most bizarre recruiting scenerios I can remember because it actually involves having too many good players interested at once to the point where we could mess up and lose 3/4ths of the players! That **** would only happen to us smh

Advertisement
Me personally. At this point in their careers. I like Scarlett the most. His size, and the speed. Scarlett could come right in and take a crack at the starting spot against Yearby early on if Duke leaves.

I could see Scarlett and Williams ending up 5 stars at the end of the recruiting process.

Scarlett due to, he's a workhorse. I see Scarlett as a young Marshawn Lynch. If you ever watched Marshawn at Cal. I swear their both identical in their games. Just I think Scarlett needs to develop his game in the receiving area. With a good senior season at St. Thomas and the all star game, could definitely see him as a 5 star, due to the fact he is prototype body for nfl runningback. He looks the part that's for sure. His play will decide the rest.

I think if Walton ends up in the 2016 class, could see him as a 5 star. 4 star for 2015 which is due to his size right now. Walton out of all them, needs to bulk up. It's not a knock on his game, just.... He really needs to bulk up. Only thing is I want to see Walton become the main guy on offense for Booker T, want to see how well he does at that. Walton reminds me of Michel actually. Michel IMO was just like Walton, not great at one thing, but good at everything. Which by the way, their is a hall of fame runningback by the name of emmitt smith who was just like that. It's not a bad thing if your good at everything. Jack of all trades like I said earlier.

Williams I can see becoming a 5 star at the end of the recruiting process. Because of his freakish athleticism. Could play just anywhere on offense as a runningback, receiver, in the slot. Recruit sites like guys like that. But Williams has to develop as a runningback. Could see him bringing a threat into special teams too. He's very raw but he has the highest ceiling of these 4. Can see Williams becoming a dynamic player like a Percy Harvin, Tavon Austin, Dexter McCluster, Deanthony Thomas or ultimately his highest ceiling I believe is like Jamaal Charles if he develops correctly. I see Williams more of an athlete than a pure RB at this point. If Williams does indeed come in this class, could see him really making up for the loss of Cook if he pans out. Just like the others could make up for Michel and Collins.

Cronkrite I do see him sticking as a 4 star. Could move up in the rankings a bit though. 11 yards a carry is no joke, idc where it is. He looks the most natural at RB aside from Scarlett. Like I've said before, his game really reminds me of recent Oregon runningbacks just like LaMichael James, but Cronkrite slightly better size than LaMichael and tougher. Cronk brings a threat to special teams too. And it's possible he could be a better safety than he is a runningback, he really should take a crack at that too... Could see him as a hard hitting safety. Cronk would fit well in what we run on offense too.

Even though Cronk has my favorite tape of the 4 of them. Doesn't mean I think he's the best. Think he's a very exciting player. But best right now is Scarlett.

And as I said earlier in this thread, Yearby reminds me of Warrick Dunn.

These comparisons are their ceilings as players. Not saying their gonna be that good but if they live up to potential they can be.

Regardless, I hope everything works out well and we manage to get them all in and all happy.

In terms of readiness to play right away of the four. Would say.

1. Scarlett
2. Cronk
3/4. Williams and Walton

In terms of ceiling if they develop completely.

1. Williams
2. Walton
3. Scarlett
4. Cronk

But remember. Sometimes some players don't pan out and theirs injuries.

Just like back in the day I thought McGahee was primed to be a superstar in the league and then the injury happened, same goes for Gore, even though Gore is turning out one **** of an nfl career right now, he could have been even better. And McGahee hasn't been a slouch in the league either.

Remember that McGahee and Gore had higher ceilings than Edge, and Portis. Not to mention, we also had James Jackson. And pre-injury Davenport was unstoppable.

Have to watch out for Robert Burns in 2017.

Think Burns has the potential to be better than Yearby, Williams, Cronk, Scarlett, and Walton.

He's a freak athlete as well and his size already is unbelievable and he's only going to improve.

Also can't forget that our current guy Duke could go down as one of the greatest and really cement his legacy here this season, as long as he stays healthy.

I'm just hoping for the day we could be blessed to get a back that's like pre-injuries Frank Gore. I really think Frank had the ability before the injuries to become the best to ever play here and god knows how much better he would have been in the nfl if it wasn't for the injuries. Idk if we'll ever see someone like that again. Dukes special man, but Frank pre-injuries was just unreal.

All these guys are nice, but Frank was really a sight to see. What could have been...

RB U could be coming back very soon to the U.

Last edited:
Article about Walton on CS says that he's still 50/50 to reclassify and has work to do on credits and other things. Hasn't taken his ACT yet either and still needs credits. He said he's solid but will visit Auburn and Georgia because he likes the way they run the ball. Says 97% sure he will stick with the Canes

//I am not gonna lie. I'm hoping he is a '16 commit. This situation sucks and this is a get out of jail free card if Cronk can accept Scarlett and Dex at athlete. Then Walton the next year gives us all of them, plus class separation and keeps out '16 class looking like a bigger juggernaut. He's my favorite back out of the group, so I really want him to stick wether it's this year or next

I want Walton and Scarlett if I had to pick 2. I'm afraid someone like Wisconsin will try and steal cronk and maybe is successful Idk. I really hope Williams stays because he's versatile but it's going to be fight with us vs other schools vs family. We shall see. If Walton doesn't reclassify then we good to go for all 4 IMO.

Advertisement
Man F that if Johnson and irvin go to another school it won't be because of us and it won't be the first time we miss out on a top guy. And if cronkrite worried about comp he need to go to wisconsin this is Miami there's gonna be competition at every position.

Last edited:
Basically JC expects the staff to say thanks but no thanks to Scarlett.

The staff supposed to say no to a talent like Scarlett?!

It's all pathetic.

IMO you take Scarlett bc of Walton's reclassify unknown and the possibility of Dex flipping.

The staff is not going to get caught with their pants down.

A highly probable scenario- Scarlett commits... JC walks. Dex flips and Walton doesn't reclassify. We would be stuck with 1 RB!!

Taking Scarlett guarantees having at least 1 back. Then you just hope Dex stays true.

If your nightmare scenario of 1 RB goes down then Scott Patchan has already offered to go both ways and play the position. We fine.

Scarlett is that deal. Y'all boys trippin.

He went from #3 RB to like #12 because he was committed to FAU. That dude is still a top 5 RB in 2015. and yes the 2015 RB class is weak AF.

There is hardly one kid in the 2015 RB class that would have been ranked in the top 10 in 2013 or 2014.

Scarlett doesn't have vision & he doesn't have any moves. He's stiff. His ceiling isn't high. He's already developed for the most part. He's good in HS but wait until he hits college, he runs into his own lineman. He bounces runs outside too much and doesn't find the holes well.

I think he will be like James Wilder Jr. Great HS player but when they hit college, their technique will be exposed.

He has good size and speed but that's it.

Walton will be better than him & Dexter too, they have more tools. Just wait and see....

I disagree. I think Scarlett has the chance to be special! His running style is similar to Marshawn Lynch and in a year or two if he packs on even more weight or muscle he could resemble what Todd Gurley is at the moment. He is and should be the top priority.

Last edited:
Scarlett is that deal. Y'all boys trippin.

He went from #3 RB to like #12 because he was committed to FAU. That dude is still a top 5 RB in 2015. and yes the 2015 RB class is weak AF.

There is hardly one kid in the 2015 RB class that would have been ranked in the top 10 in 2013 or 2014.

Scarlett doesn't have vision & he doesn't have any moves. He's stiff. His ceiling isn't high. He's already developed for the most part. He's good in HS but wait until he hits college, he runs into his own lineman. He bounces runs outside too much and doesn't find the holes well.

I think he will be like James Wilder Jr. Great HS player but when they hit college, their technique will be exposed.

He has good size and speed but that's it.

Walton will be better than him & Dexter too, they have more tools. Just wait and see....

I disagree. I think Scarlett has the chance to be special! His running style is similar to Marshawn Lynch and in a year or two if he packs on even more weight or muscle he could resemble what Todd Gurley is at the moment. He is and should be the top priority.
I see someone else agrees with me too on my opinion of Scarlett's comparison. Lot of his game and his size and speed reminds me of a young Marshawn Lynch.

He's the most ready of the 4. He would play right away.

Workhorse runningback. Scarlett's type of back that sec teams salivate over. Could take 30-35 carries a game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back