RB situation

regardless walton committed in 2013 and then williams was the next running back to commit to miami. No one expected that walton would be able to reclassify in the 2015 class...... its not their fault. With how things turned out last year with powell and cook not coming to miami the staff HAS to cover their A5S just in case walton doesnt reclassify and williams ends up flipping....

Advertisement
Whats the problem? []_[] ain't bout this life?!?

71.jpg

his "best interests" are to learn how to compete and let the best back play. if he is as good as he thinks he is then he should have nothing to worry about

take them all, if someone decides its too many backs so be it. even if the staff said they are taking 2 RB, it seems the coaches view Williams more as an ATH/slot than a pure RB and who could predict Walton reclassifying? can't hold that against the staff. so even if they have scarlett, cron, williams, and Walton that's an ATH, 2 RB's in Cron's year (him and scarlett) and a reclassify.

and as far as cron leaving hurting us with JJ and Irvin....Cron's been committed for a while and its not like JJ and Irvin and jumping to committ

Advertisement
his "best interests" are to learn how to compete and let the best back play. if he is as good as he thinks he is then he should have nothing to worry about

Where ever any of these backs go there will be GREAT COMPETITION.... These kids should go to the school they want to go to... The rest will work itself out via redshirts, injuries, grades, etc. if they want a guarantee starting job, then go FIU / FAU, etc.

Walton whole reclassifying thing is an issue, i dont even understand the possiblity....and it isnt that easy...especially a dade county school.

You gotta keep Cronk on board...

*I always thought Scarlett was the big fish they liked at rb, he is stiff to me running..but has a+ physical qualities nad running ability/vision....add to it his committing will flow in a few of the other broward prospects likre his cousin (Archer) and Bruce.

I like bringing in 3 rbs in this class imo

redshirt walton, dex can get touches at receiver, cronk can be the main back, scarlett will get touches. they should all come in

I don't understand this at all. Why would Walton be the red-shirt? Why not let them compete and see who should see the field first, and who should red-shirt? I like Conkrite, but he's a good RB, not at an elite level like the other 3. And why would Conkrite be the main RB of that group?

Advertisement
The real challenge is Walton reclassifying. Cronk and Scarlett at RB and Williams at ATH and we are set. But with Walton, a stud from our local pipeline who committed as sophomore, you have to take him regardless of the year.

I trust the staff is very honest about the situation with Cronk and have explained the challenge. Either way, I'm not worried.

If we do get all four which elite recruiters do, what will that mean next year? If there's a stud next year will that backfield keep an elite kid away?

no the only one i can think of is kareem martin fro nj which is hester and jenkins old teammate. or that fast running back from columbus. The next in line would be 2017 rb robert burns. But if we keep williams, scarlett, walton, and cronk the we straight for years to come.....

Advertisement
Basically JC expects the staff to say thanks but no thanks to Scarlett.

The staff supposed to say no to a talent like Scarlett?!

It's all pathetic.

IMO you take Scarlett bc of Walton's reclassify unknown and the possibility of Dex flipping.

The staff is not going to get caught with their pants down.

A highly probable scenario- Scarlett commits... JC walks. Dex flips and Walton doesn't reclassify. We would be stuck with 1 RB!!

Taking Scarlett guarantees having at least 1 back. Then you just hope Dex stays true.

We are ending up with two atleast

Walton whole reclassifying thing is an issue, i dont even understand the possiblity....and it isnt that easy...especially a dade county school.

You gotta keep Cronk on board...

*I always thought Scarlett was the big fish they liked at rb, he is stiff to me running..but has a+ physical qualities nad running ability/vision....add to it his committing will flow in a few of the other broward prospects likre his cousin (Archer) and Bruce.

I like bringing in 3 rbs in this class imo

Getting scarlett opens ups the other big fish. I don't believe Johnson/Irvin are that close with Cronkrite... I'm just want us to keep taking in top talent. We still need 2 DT's and 2 CB's. That's all I want to add over the next 6 months.

Advertisement
Push the "less mileage on you as a RB" card. You take less of a beating sharing carries!! Besides, most running backs are getting 3rd round money now-a-days.

Push the "less mileage on you as a RB" card. You take less of a beating sharing carries!! Besides, most running backs are getting 3rd round money now-a-days.

hard to sell that with the egos on these kids as they are used to being made out to be the savior of their high schools program

hard to sell that with the egos on these kids as they are used to being made out to be the savior of their high schools program

Only RB that could have that mindset would be D.Williams..all our other RB commits/prospects are from powerhouse schools or schools that are stacked with talent already

(JC @ WestministerChristian, tons of ATH's on that team..Walton, plays for the number one team in the nation last year and Scarlett plays for a team who churns out D1 prospects like TheU produces pro bowl players)

Advertisement
Back