2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad for the late response. From what it looks like, we haven't expanded our RB board because let's be real, UF don't really have a back that's NFL ready after this year so we'll lose Lingard to graduation (I think lol) but in 2023 return Bow, Wright, Johnson, and Etienne. Seems like so far we're only going after Young, Webb, Baxter, and not sure how they feel about Irvin at the moment.
Young, Baxter and Irvin were whiffs. You got your other target Webb though. Congrats.

Advertisement
Napier is focused on Young, Baxter, and Webb....My guy says they feel good about Webb. It will be hilarious if they lose out on all .
They nearly went 0 for 3 on the RB targets, disaster averted for Billy and the G5s.

Advertisement
So you'd seriously argue that Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Aaron Rodger aren't generational Qbs? Or even better you'd say Mahomes isn't generational? After all he wasn't the best QB last year... Burrow, Josh Allen, etc?

At RB, LT and AP were #1 and #2 in rushing. Theres debate. Guess neither are generational?

For WR, Calvin, AB, and Julio all played at the same time. All absolutely Elite players. Would you really argue over someone calling Calvin or Julio generational?

I mean we can go on and on with this. Revis, Nnamdi, Champ, Woodson, etc...
Solid point, ‘generational‘ doesn’t have to mean there is one a single player at that level. Same as HOF players.

Although the term is way overused.

Last edited:
If I’m him, watching how our depth is shaking out, I’m considering this a favorable situation. He can come in during the spring (if he’s an ee) and earn a role. Citizen will be recovering and Chaney might still be out.

Solid point, ‘generational‘ doesn’t have to mean there is one a single player at that level. Same as HOF players.

Although the term is way overused.
It’s a stupid word tbh

I wouldn’t mind at all if it’s never used again. It’s not difficult to just like…understand who really good football players are

Advertisement
It’s a stupid word tbh

I wouldn’t mind at all if it’s never used again. It’s not difficult to just like…understand who really good football players are
Alot of CIS heads think everyone we get is elite lol. That term to me should be used for Francis types. That DE from Venice looks like a monster he has that first step u can't teach. Him and Kelly with Wayne my goodness.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Elite is thrown around too much. Ed Reed was generational though. That’s the difference
So then were Troy Polamalu and Sean Taylor not generational? Cause Reed was drafted 2002, Troy 2003, and SeanT 2004. Thats 2 HOFers and one guy that everyone here believes could/would have been HOF had he not been murdered, all drafted one year after the other at the same position.

Clearly generational doesn't mean once a literal generation - which is usually defined as like 25 years. Basically generational in NFL semantics means best in the class with clear HOF production/potential.

So yes Myles Garrett, Bosa bros, Von Miller, Chase Young, Will Anderson all are seen as generational talents.

So then were Troy Polamalu and Sean Taylor not generational? Cause Reed was drafted 2002, Troy 2003, and SeanT 2004. Thats 2 HOFers and one guy that everyone here believes could/would have been HOF had he not been murdered, all drafted one year after the other at the same position.

Clearly generational doesn't mean once a literal generation - which is usually defined as like 25 years. Basically generational in NFL semantics means best in the class with clear HOF production/potential.

So yes Myles Garrett, Bosa bros, Von Miller, Chase Young, Will Anderson all are seen as generational talents.
I mean, if you are going by the “literal” definition it does mean what you just said. Once in a generation

So using that logic Reed, Taylor and Polamalu can’t all be generational. They were all elite though ;)

I mean, if you are going by the “literal” definition it does mean what you just said. Once in a generation

So using that logic Reed, Taylor and Polamalu can’t all be generational. They were all elite though ;)
But thats exactly the point. If you only allow for one player to be generational, then if there is any debate about who the generational player is, then none of them can be labeled generational. I love Ed and definitely think he was the best safety but it isn't crazy if someone thinks Troy ******* Polamalu was the best...

Seriously who is going to argue that Peyton Manning and Tom Brady both weren't generational QBs? And again Mahomes, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, etc... Like Generational clearly isn't literal when discussing football players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back