2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would argue that we had 3 generational guys in Edge, McGahee (pre-injury), and Gore (pre-injury and possibly post)
Well then I have no idea what it means because to me it means something that isn’t common enough where you would have that. To me it’s not even an adjective that should be used in football very often. “Generational” to me is someone like Tiger Woods, just that much better than anyone else in his space during his “generation”

So I guess I will just take the L and never complain about it again haha

Advertisement
C’mon bro I can’t stand FSU, but to say Dalvin wasn’t generational is absurd to me. One of the best college backs I’ve ever seen.
“Generational” to me would never be “one of the best”

He would be “the best” without any debate

People can keep using it for no reason though. People can’t just say someone is really good I guess

But anyway…there’s way too much great Canes stuff going on right now to waste any more time talking about a Seminole that I don’t care about

Last edited:
Not Portis?
No. He was an excellent back on excellent teams (freshman year notwithstanding) but didn't often change games all by himself. Sometimes, yea, but not on an every game basis like Cook and AP.

Advertisement
Well then I have no idea what it means because to me it means something that isn’t common enough where you would have that. To me it’s not even an adjective that should be used in football very often. “Generational” to me is someone like Tiger Woods, just that much better than anyone else in his space during his “generation”

So I guess I will just take the L and never complain about it again haha
Generational means Bo Jackson or Lawrence Taylor

Nope. I actually thought of Dalvin but generational as in from High school through pros. AD was the best back at any level he played. Only reason he isn’t not now because Father Time is undefeated. Dalvin, while he was extremely good, can you say he was the best back while in college? Can you say that in the pros with his injuries. No, you can’t. Again generational. AD was the last one.
Derrick Henry says hi.

Derrick Henry says hi.
Not arguing this generational nonsense but I remember the Henry recruitment

People on our boards swore up and down (I think our coaches as well) that he would never play RB that he would be a LB or DE

I think FSU was close to landing him but the same kinda thing maybe? @Liberty City El might be the guy for this but I want to say Bama was the only one really giving him a look at RB

Advertisement

People can keep using it for no reason though. People can’t just say someone is really good I guess

But anyway…there’s way too much great Canes stuff going on right now to waste any more time talking about a Seminole that I don’t care about

There is a debate on everyone...Especially if you are stretching it out to "generation" time frame...Some years? Sure there's no debate, a clear #1.

Cook was awesome but I swear this board has no idea what the word “generational” means
Right - I think if you asked the average college football fan that is not from Florida about Dalvin Cook, I bet a lot of them wouldn't remember him or if they did, he is not in the conversation when you ask them to name the best RBs in college football over the last 10 or 20 years. Don't get me wrong, he was very very good, but 'generational'...

Generational is the type of player that average football fans talk about decades from now... Barry Sanders, Michael Vick (like him or not, he was a game changer), etc.

That being said, I think what people really mean is who is an example of an RB that was a true difference maker and I think Cook does fit into that category.

I think Fletcher is being underrated here...Ya I like Baxter and Young a little better. But Fletcher's a stud, reminds me of Derrick Henry.
I don’t see Derek Henry or close to it with Fletcher! I see a back who runs hard and can get you first downs. That’s what’s important. A big back who can run it for a first down on 3rd and 2. I like the Johnson kid cause he has wheels and can catch the ball.

Advertisement

So you'd seriously argue that Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Aaron Rodger aren't generational Qbs? Or even better you'd say Mahomes isn't generational? After all he wasn't the best QB last year... Burrow, Josh Allen, etc?

At RB, LT and AP were #1 and #2 in rushing. Theres debate. Guess neither are generational?

For WR, Calvin, AB, and Julio all played at the same time. All absolutely Elite players. Would you really argue over someone calling Calvin or Julio generational?

I mean we can go on and on with this. Revis, Nnamdi, Champ, Woodson, etc...

Not arguing this generational nonsense but I remember the Henry recruitment

People on our boards swore up and down (I think our coaches as well) that he would never play RB that he would be a LB or DE

I think FSU was close to landing him but the same kinda thing maybe? @Liberty City El might be the guy for this but I want to say Bama was the only one really giving him a look at RB
UGA was the first team Derrick Henry committed to, he committed to them a year ahead of his class...

And then as soon as he did, Tennessee & Bama put heavy pressure on trying to flip him.

Bama worked his recruitment for a year & then finally got him to flip in the Fall before NSD.

He was a class of 2013 kid, UGA got his 1st verbal in June of 2011 & Bama flipped him in September of 2012.

UGA, Tenn & Bama were the only schools seriously recruiting him at RB, he was a high ranked 5-star ATH that played both RB & LB/EDGE & most schools including UF & FSU were recruiting him to play LB.

Advertisement
No disrespect but you need to get ur eyes checked. I like Fletcher too but cmon now.

Watch the HS tape of Henry.....Then watch the HS tape of Fletcher.....two different levels
I didn't say quite that level

But he's very good and that's his running style.

UGA was the first team Derrick Henry committed to, he committed to them a year ahead of his class...

And then as soon as he did, Tennessee & Bama put heavy pressure on trying to flip him.

Bama worked his recruitment for a year & then finally got him to flip in the Fall before NSD.

He was a class of 2013 kid, UGA got his 1st verbal in June of 2011 & Bama flipped him in September of 2012.

UGA, Tenn & Bama were the only schools seriously recruiting him at RB, he was a high ranked 5-star ATH that played both RB & LB/EDGE & most schools including UF & FSU were recruiting him to play LB.
My man!

I remember the FSU fans talking all kinds of crap and then when he went to Bama it was because they said FSU wouldn’t let him play RB and the whole thing spiraled out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back