2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I love Baxter as a prospect and think he can be a legit game breaker and difference maker. That being said if you told me that we get Fletcher and Johnson Jr. instead that’s not a bad fall back option to say the least.

Fletcher isn’t some scrub, he’s a **** good back. Johnson has elite speed and can be used in the passing game big time too.

I love Baxter as a prospect and think he can be a legit game breaker and difference maker. That being said if you told me that we get Fletcher and Johnson Jr. instead that’s not a bad fall back option to say the least.

Fletcher isn’t some scrub, he’s a **** good back. Johnson has elite speed and can be used in the passing game big time too.
I want explosive he's gone speed and to me those guys don't got it. We need a Baxter or Young period. We need some game breakers.

I be honest if we played a bama and a Fletcher type back is in the backfield they can control a kid like that. You put a Young or Bax back there they have to gameplay for that and the kid will still eat. I'll still take a Fletcher it's better than nothing but we need a game breaker back there. Either next class or this one.

Advertisement
Question, when was the last time a generational back came on the scene? Last one I remembered was AD.

Is Young considered all wrapped up to Bama? To me is the best of the best. Curious why he isn’t being discussed more.

Coach Smith delivering the message that true competitors want to hear, and directly to Don Chaney
”it‘s your job not to get out recruited. It‘s my job to out recruit you. You want the truth come here”
Wow. New day at UM. No job is safe.

That’s called putting positive pressure on somebody. He’s letting Don know he is expected to perform, but he’s got to earn it.

Advertisement
I want explosive he's gone speed and to me those guys don't got it. We need a Baxter or Young period. We need some game breakers.
No I get you. Look at FSU with Dalvin. Al Golden doesn’t get fired in 2015 if he has Dalvin. Those kinda dudes are bad asses and change your team. Not getting Baxter sucks if that’s indeed how this plays out

I think Richard Young is significantly better than Mark Fletcher.

I like Samuel Singleton more than Fletcher too.

But all 4 are great, take whichever one we can get.
What do you think is behind the lack of information/interest with Young? He just jumps off the screen in his film. Size, strength, vision, balance.

Advertisement
So why is Fletcher suddenly a realistic option for us if we miss on Baxter?
I dont think he is...OSU about to bag 3-4 AH kids. and push for a bunch of the sfe kids in 24.

We are hoping we turn to Bacter since it appears we been out of the young sweeopstakes and Baxter was always our rb1.

I would say if i were them i would open my rb board...More offers need to be out...im also perfectly fine with Johnson as well. Love the speed. But this year instate was a rb year...there are a legit 4 5 star level backs in state and to not land 1 would be disappointing

What do you think is behind the lack of information/interest with Young? He just jumps off the screen in his film. Size, strength, vision, balance.
I think it partially has to do with the staff over at Lehigh has been mainly anti-Miami.

Their HC is a former Nole who would push kids to FSU & he’s also shown himself to be a Saban supporter on Twitter, so it makes sense that their best player would be high Bama lean.

It also just could be the kid just isn’t that interested in Miami because he’s never seen us win, while a lot of kids are definitely buying into the revitalization of the program with Mario at the helm, there may be some still who aren’t sold yet.

We were recruiting Young pretty early on, but once it became apparent he wasn’t interested we moved on.

Advertisement
were you sleeping when Dalvin Cook played us lol
Nope. I actually thought of Dalvin but generational as in from High school through pros. AD was the best back at any level he played. Only reason he isn’t not now because Father Time is undefeated. Dalvin, while he was extremely good, can you say he was the best back while in college? Can you say that in the pros with his injuries. No, you can’t. Again generational. AD was the last one.

Cook was awesome but I swear this board has no idea what the word “generational” means
I would argue that we had 3 generational guys in Edge, McGahee (pre-injury), and Gore (pre-injury and possibly post)

Is Young considered all wrapped up to Bama? To me is the best of the best. Curious why he isn’t being discussed more.

Will Ferrell Boast GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back