RB Jordan Cronkrite says, "I'm good right now"....

So what needs to happen for him to stay? You keep talking about "best fit" but even with the other backs in this class we only have one back next year that's a Miami back in Yearby. So if Walton can't reclassify would he stay? What if Dex de commits? Is he truly evaluating his option or waiting to jump ship when he has a sure thing?

He's not waiting to jump ship for a sure thing cause there are plenty of schools circling like sharks when blood is in the water as of this morning. Walton is not an issue because the chances of him are not good and that is from the staff. As we all know college staffs say one thing but do another and he is just seeing how this staff handles the situation but he is not demanding anything just being cautious.

Well in your opinion how are they supposed to handle this situation? To not accept Scarlett's commitment? The opportunity will still be at Miami. You said the staff said one but are doing another? I assume you mean they said they're taking two RBs? Well how did they know Walton was going to try to reclassify? Maybe they don't think he would've been able to do it(which he still hasn't). As of right now, I'm counting 2 RBs committed in Cronk and Scarlett. Williams to me is more of a flex/hybrid player. He'll be used as a RB, TB, KR, PR, WR, slot, etc. Plus I imagine there will be tons of 2 RB sets in the playbook. Looks like we're phasing out the traditional FB role and going with more 2 TE and 2 RB sets. I see nothing but opportunity for Cronk. He's a **** of a player and no doubt I want him apart of this class. The only reason he would consider decommiting, is if Walton does OFFICIALLY reclassify. Then I don't blame Cronk for pursuing other options as that would be 3 traditional RBs committed.

Walton is not a factor and that's from the staff. Is it a possibility? Yes but not highly probable. Williams contact with the staff is becoming less frequent and he is still considered a RB by the staff but just like everything else there is a chance he sticks it out but that's as likely as Walton reclassifying.

Advertisement
Everything's all right. Relax!

Sounds like this:

Cronk wants to be in Miami. He's a little nervous about a crowded backfield. With four running backs committed, that's understandable.

But he, and most, don't think Walton will end up in 2015.

That leaves Scarlett and Cronk as the two pure RBs. Which is what Cronk wants.

I think Cronk expects Dex Williams to go elsewhere. I hope that's not the case. And, further, I hope Miami is stressing to Cronk that Williams will be used as a hybrid, lined up often as a WR, so he's not a threat for Cronk's potential carries.

Two pure RBs, and Dex as a hybrid. Hope Cronk's cool with that, and I hope we can hold on to all three.

Walton, my man, come on through in 2016. It'll be better for everybody. Adds separation to an elite group of prospects. You get the full high school experience, and you'll be pushing 20 by the time you first suit up. A man among boys.

Where is Token?

I'm here. This didn't come as a surprise to Jordan at all. He is going to see how things play out but at the same time he is going to do what's best for him and start opening up the lines of communications with other schools.

Once again it's not about competition it's about the best fit for a kid. The staff keeps saying they are only taking 2 and now there is 3 but they have told him where he stands with them and Golden and staff were in contact with the family last night and this morning. The ball is in Miamis court and cronkrite is theirs to lose so let's see how it plays out.

Miami still looks like the best option for him IMO. Doubt he's a take at OSU or FSU. WVU is a step down and a coaching staff that's on that hot seat. South Carolina is his best realistic option outside of UM & I don't know their RB situation.

Cronkrite is smart. Token mentioned SEC schools and ND. But you have to look at the SEC and ND track records with RBs. SCar grinds RB's. Spurrier almost ended Lattimore's career banging him between tackles every play. Bama gets them in the league but with high mileage (Ingram, Richardson). ND? Greg Bryant was a 5* and has 3 carries.

The U isn't the only show in town but if he were my kid these are the real issues we would be talking about. At the end of the day, Miami is the best fit for him.

So what needs to happen for him to stay? You keep talking about "best fit" but even with the other backs in this class we only have one back next year that's a Miami back in Yearby. So if Walton can't reclassify would he stay? What if Dex de commits? Is he truly evaluating his option or waiting to jump ship when he has a sure thing?

He's not waiting to jump ship for a sure thing cause there are plenty of schools circling like sharks when blood is in the water as of this morning. Walton is not an issue because the chances of him are not good and that is from the staff. As we all know college staffs say one thing but do another and he is just seeing how this staff handles the situation but he is not demanding anything just being cautious.

Well in your opinion how are they supposed to handle this situation? To not accept Scarlett's commitment? The opportunity will still be at Miami. You said the staff said one but are doing another? I assume you mean they said they're taking two RBs? Well how did they know Walton was going to try to reclassify? Maybe they don't think he would've been able to do it(which he still hasn't). As of right now, I'm counting 2 RBs committed in Cronk and Scarlett. Williams to me is more of a flex/hybrid player. He'll be used as a RB, TB, KR, PR, WR, slot, etc. Plus I imagine there will be tons of 2 RB sets in the playbook. Looks like we're phasing out the traditional FB role and going with more 2 TE and 2 RB sets. I see nothing but opportunity for Cronk. He's a **** of a player and no doubt I want him apart of this class. The only reason he would consider decommiting, is if Walton does OFFICIALLY reclassify. Then I don't blame Cronk for pursuing other options as that would be 3 traditional RBs committed.

Walton is not a factor and that's from the staff. Is it a possibility? Yes but not highly probable. Williams contact with the staff is becoming less frequent and he is still considered a RB by the staff but just like everything else there is a chance he sticks it out but that's as likely as Walton reclassifying.
Okay but say Williams sticks but we find out Walton can't reclassify. Does Cronkite stick with us on NSD?
Now Walton declassifies and Williams flips, does he stay then?
Personally I think he should stay with us until at least the season is over just to see what happens, because I believe he really wants to be here. Also if he finds out Walton can't reclassify I think he should stick. I do think if Walton does reclassify he will leave though. Basically I think Walton reclassifying will ultimately decide if he stays or not. Is that about right?

Where is Token?

I'm here. This didn't come as a surprise to Jordan at all. He is going to see how things play out but at the same time he is going to do what's best for him and start opening up the lines of communications with other schools.

Once again it's not about competition it's about the best fit for a kid. The staff keeps saying they are only taking 2 and now there is 3 but they have told him where he stands with them and Golden and staff were in contact with the family last night and this morning. The ball is in Miamis court and cronkrite is theirs to lose so let's see how it plays out.

Miami still looks like the best option for him IMO. Doubt he's a take at OSU or FSU. WVU is a step down and a coaching staff that's on that hot seat. South Carolina is his best realistic option outside of UM & I don't know their RB situation.

Wisconsin and Notre Dame are 2 others but there are several schools that backed off of him once he committed because everyone viewed him as an impossible flip so I wouldn't be surprised you see a few new schools pop up.
I feel he would be a beast at Wisconsin. I really want him stick though.

Advertisement

Okay but say Williams sticks but we find out Walton can't reclassify. Does Cronkite stick with us on NSD?
Personally I think he should stay with us until at least the season is over just to see what happens, because I believe he really wants to be here. Also if he finds out Walton can't reclassify I think he should stick. I do think if Walton does reclassify he will leave though. Basically I think Walton reclassifying will ultimately decide if he stays or not. Is that about right?

That is about right. You are right he really wants to be here

Williams is more of a WR than a RB, and from what the brow told us, Cronkite knows that. Walton will more than likely still be 2016, leaving us set at the RB position for the next 4 years.

Still think we get all 4 as long as Williams taken as athlete and Walton comes in 2016.

I'm in the group that thinks Williams ain't going anywhere. Would be surprised.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What high level D1 school does JC think he goes to and doesn't have to compete with tons of 4/5 star RB's? FAU? Kid needs to put on his big boy pants and man up.

In cs article he said hes still good w/ miami knowing he is very wanted by miami. Also surprisingly said hes open to playing safety, just wants to play. Sounded all positive.

Man Williams is a RB all the way

Not really, he is the type of player you can line up on the field in the slot or alongside a traditional RB like Yearby, Cronk or Scarlett and use as a KR/PR.

Dex is not a between the tackles RB like Cronk, Yearby and Scarlett, he is a player that is best used in space like a Percy Harvin, getting at the most 5-7 traditional carries a game, and mostly being used in screens, end arounds and at WR.

I appreciate that Cronk is level headed enough not to decommit right after the Scarlett announcement.

He is a high character kid who is a tremendous athlete that we need to keep in this class.

IMO we should talk to Walton and explain to him how it would be better for all involved if he just waited till 2016.
(In the nicest way possible obviously lol)

* We could tell him he would be the only traditional RB in the 2016 class(maybe pick up an all purpose back to pair with him).

* It would give him a year of separation from a loaded class of 2 stud RBs and a stud Hybrid RB/APB.

* He will get to enjoy his high school experience instead of trying to rush through it.

* It will also give him another year to get stronger, faster and more college ready and with all the extra work he is putting in academically, he should be on pace to be an EE for the 2016 class.

* Sharing carries with other top quality backs will preserve his body for the NFL by not running him into the ground every game.

* Ask him why wouldn't he want to be the headlining RB of this monster 2016 offensive class we are putting together with QB Allison, WR Mullins, WR Bruce, WR Snelson and WR Irvin Jr.

* And since he loves The U, explain to him how it will make our program stronger for us to be able to sign all these top quality backs and not have them all jammed into 1 class.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Where is Token?

If the 2 vs 3 in the class is an issue, then I don't see how that is related to the "best fit". If Miami is the "best fit", then the number of "RBs" in the class shouldn't matter. The best player is going to play. If he thinks he's the best player, then all he has to do is go prove it. I don't see how this isn't about "competition".

The kid has to compete regardless where ever he goes. Doesn't matter of it's here or at some D3 school in Nebraska but the best fit means where the opportunity is better. For those that think it's about competition pretend that's your son or you and realize you have to take the emotional part about it being Miami and find where they will be happy and achieve success. I'm all for competition and fighting things out but at that position you are almost battling for scraps with the way offenses are now

This is the **** that I cant get through my head. Football is only a small part of the equation. If he were MY son he feels comfortable at Miami, and its been a dream of his to go to Miami, than under no circumstances football wise would I encourage to look else where. These kids need to realize that only a small fraction of players make it to the league. Go where you are comfortable, are going to get a great education and work hard. The NFL makes billions finding talent. If he's good enough, he will play.

Advertisement
Where is Token?

If the 2 vs 3 in the class is an issue, then I don't see how that is related to the "best fit". If Miami is the "best fit", then the number of "RBs" in the class shouldn't matter. The best player is going to play. If he thinks he's the best player, then all he has to do is go prove it. I don't see how this isn't about "competition".

The kid has to compete regardless where ever he goes. Doesn't matter of it's here or at some D3 school in Nebraska but the best fit means where the opportunity is better. For those that think it's about competition pretend that's your son or you and realize you have to take the emotional part about it being Miami and find where they will be happy and achieve success. I'm all for competition and fighting things out but at that position you are almost battling for scraps with the way offenses are now

This is the **** that I cant get through my head. Football is only a small part of the equation. If he were MY son he feels comfortable at Miami, and its been a dream of his to go to Miami, than under no circumstances football wise would I encourage to look else where. These kids need to realize that only a small fraction of players make it to the league. Go where you are comfortable, are going to get a great education and work hard. The NFL makes billions finding talent. If he's good enough, he will play.

This. I think we are understating the value of the overall picture. At Miami, Wisconsin or any school, he is one play away from bad things. One play. If he is most comfortable at Miami, he should go to Miami. If he is most comfortable at ND, he should go to Miami because I am selfish, but really he should go to ND if that is where he is most comfortable overall.

Man Williams is a RB all the way

Not really, he is the type of player you can line up on the field in the slot or alongside a traditional RB like Yearby, Cronk or Scarlett and use as a KR/PR.

Dex is not a between the tackles RB like Cronk, Yearby and Scarlett, he is a player that is best used in space like a Percy Harvin, getting at the most 5-7 traditional carries a game, and mostly being used in screens, end arounds and at WR.

I appreciate that Cronk is level headed enough not to decommit right after the Scarlett announcement.

He is a high character kid who is a tremendous athlete that we need to keep in this class.

IMO we should talk to Walton and explain to him how it would be better for all involved if he just waited till 2016.
(In the nicest way possible obviously lol)

* We could tell him he would be the only traditional RB in the 2016 class(maybe pick up an all purpose back to pair with him).

* It would give him a year of separation from a loaded class of 2 stud RBs and a stud Hybrid RB/APB.

* He will get to enjoy his high school experience instead of trying to rush through it.

* It will also give him another year to get stronger, faster and more college ready and with all the extra work he is putting in academically, he should be on pace to be an EE for the 2016 class.

* Sharing carries with other top quality backs will preserve his body for the NFL by not running him into the ground every game.

* Ask him why wouldn't he want to be the headlining RB of this monster 2016 offensive class we are putting together with QB Allison, WR Mullins, WR Bruce, WR Snelson and WR Irvin Jr.

* And since he loves The U, explain to him how it will make our program stronger for us to be able to sign all these top quality backs and not have them all jammed into 1 class.

That's only one part of the equation. The kid will be 19 his senior year and he wants to get back to his correct class. Also, that's potentially one more year wasted in regards to potential earnings for a career after UM. One less year of a professional career for a kid playing a position who's seeing career length and money value shrink.

Mark Walton coming in this year will be great, Miami doesn't have to recruit him for another year. And we need 3 RB's, only have 2 RB's on roster for 2015.

Anybody saying he should wait until 2016 is an idiot.

That and the fact even with three RBs this cycle, we are not that crowded at the position.

Advertisement
Back