RB Jordan Cronkrite says, "I'm good right now"....

Where is Token?

I'm here. This didn't come as a surprise to Jordan at all. He is going to see how things play out but at the same time he is going to do what's best for him and start opening up the lines of communications with other schools.

Once again it's not about competition it's about the best fit for a kid. The staff keeps saying they are only taking 2 and now there is 3 but they have told him where he stands with them and Golden and staff were in contact with the family last night and this morning. The ball is in Miamis court and cronkrite is theirs to lose so let's see how it plays out.

If the 2 vs 3 in the class is an issue, then I don't see how that is related to the "best fit". If Miami is the "best fit", then the number of "RBs" in the class shouldn't matter. The best player is going to play. If he thinks he's the best player, then all he has to do is go prove it. I don't see how this isn't about "competition".

The kid has to compete regardless where ever he goes. Doesn't matter of it's here or at some D3 school in Nebraska but the best fit means where the opportunity is better. For those that think it's about competition pretend that's your son or you and realize you have to take the emotional part about it being Miami and find where they will be happy and achieve success. I'm all for competition and fighting things out but at that position you are almost battling for scraps with the way offenses are now

Thanks for the info Token. Hope him sticking with the Canes is the final choice, but glad he's taking a measured and realistic approach to the situation.

Advertisement
I'm here. This didn't come as a surprise to Jordan at all. He is going to see how things play out but at the same time he is going to do what's best for him and start opening up the lines of communications with other schools.

Once again it's not about competition it's about the best fit for a kid. The staff keeps saying they are only taking 2 and now there is 3 but they have told him where he stands with them and Golden and staff were in contact with the family last night and this morning. The ball is in Miamis court and cronkrite is theirs to lose so let's see how it plays out.

If the 2 vs 3 in the class is an issue, then I don't see how that is related to the "best fit". If Miami is the "best fit", then the number of "RBs" in the class shouldn't matter. The best player is going to play. If he thinks he's the best player, then all he has to do is go prove it. I don't see how this isn't about "competition".

This...All day. Alabama and Georgia sign 4 or 5 4* to 5* RB's every year.

Not every year ...Bama signed 4 4* RBs a few yrs back and 2 of those guys left ....Georgia hasn't done that. Most schools get two a year

Yes but also keep in mind what RB's were already on the teams. It's sick.....Ingram, Richardson, Lacy, Yeldon and then the two top backs transfer. Georgia had the top RB in 11 I think was injured and another then came Marshall and Gurley and last year Sony and Chubb

I know we have the Duke and Yearby and **** proud but we need all these guys, I'm definitely not knocking Cronk. Thanks for the update Token and tell him to hold strong

Where is Token?

So, are you telling me that he won't go to Alabama if pursued hard by Saban? Like been mentioned before, Alabama, Georgia and others sign 4 elite RB's every year. I just can't wrap my head around the idea that what best for a great running back is lower number of players in the same position.

Where is Token?

The kid has to compete regardless where ever he goes. Doesn't matter of it's here or at some D3 school in Nebraska but the best fit means where the opportunity is better. For those that think it's about competition pretend that's your son or you and realize you have to take the emotional part about it being Miami and find where they will be happy and achieve success. I'm all for competition and fighting things out but at that position you are almost battling for scraps with the way offenses are now

Token, not sure if you've already discussed this so I apologize if you have, but when you mention taking 3, is he considering Williams as 1 of the 3? Or is the possibility of Walton reclassifying the issue? TIA

So what needs to happen for him to stay? You keep talking about "best fit" but even with the other backs in this class we only have one back next year that's a Miami back in Yearby. So if Walton can't reclassify would he stay? What if Dex de commits? Is he truly evaluating his option or waiting to jump ship when he has a sure thing?

Advertisement
Where is Token?

So, are you telling me that he won't go to Alabama if pursued hard by Saban? Like been mentioned before, Alabama, Georgia and others sign 4 elite RB's every year. I just can't wrap my head around the idea that what best for a great running back is lower number of players in the same position.

Its not true that Bama and Georgia sign 4 elite RB's every year. Bama did that once .....Now if people are saying 4 elite RB's on the roster then that's true. Its a Big difference 4 on a roster and 4 every year

Where is Token?

Its not true that Bama and Georgia sign 4 elite RB's every year. Bama did that once .....Now if people are saying 4 elite RB's on the roster then that's true. Its a Big difference 4 on a roster and 4 every year
Do they sign 3 every year? Because that is what we are talking about here. Walton is unlikely to reclassify and his is a unique situation if it happen.

Most the perennial powers in CFB have a great stable of backs - LSU and Alabama stockpile them. They also recruit DTs well. We've got half the equation.

Where is Token?

So in short it is about competition. And above you keep pointing out that although the staff repeatedly talks to him, they are apparently deceiving him with the 2 vs 3. Since I am apparently confused and biased toward the staff recruiting as many of the best players as possible, can you explain the 2 vs. 3 scenario that has him so upset that Miami may no longer be the right "fit".

This whole imagine it was your son bit is cute, but I am still trying to understand how my son is a top back and Miami is the right fit today when I know Williams is committed and his flexibility, know Walton is committed and his ability and his academic situation and know the school is recruiting Scarlett, but now it may not be the right fit and how my son's "coaches" and message board whispers are the only 1 of the 4 questioning the staff and not saying the right things publicly.

I'd probably tell my son to use some recruit speak and see how it plays out quietly.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So what needs to happen for him to stay? You keep talking about "best fit" but even with the other backs in this class we only have one back next year that's a Miami back in Yearby. So if Walton can't reclassify would he stay? What if Dex de commits? Is he truly evaluating his option or waiting to jump ship when he has a sure thing?

He's not waiting to jump ship for a sure thing cause there are plenty of schools circling like sharks when blood is in the water as of this morning. Walton is not an issue because the chances of him are not good and that is from the staff. As we all know college staffs say one thing but do another and he is just seeing how this staff handles the situation but he is not demanding anything just being cautious.

to me, it doesn't matter if they sign 2 or 6. as long as i think and can prove i'm the best or 1 of the 2 best, does it really matter? i'm gonna play. those chumps will sit. UM coaches aren't promising everyone is gonna get to carry the ball. the best will play. if he goes somewhere else that takes 2-3, he still needs to be one of the best of them to play. every top school is gonna take 2 or more rbs every year.

You committed so that's where you want to be, right? So go and compete! Don't concede by going somewhere else, no guarantee you'll start there either.

Where is Token?

This...All day. Alabama and Georgia sign 4 or 5 4* to 5* RB's every year.

No they don't.... no one has ever signed 5 4*+ running backs. And Bama signed a 4 rbs one time and one of those rbs is already gone. What Bama did was a deviation and they're probably the only school who could've pulled that off.

Just because one school did something one time does not mean others can emulate and not face the consequences (one of the rbs decommitting)

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement

He's not waiting to jump ship for a sure thing cause there are plenty of schools circling like sharks when blood is in the water as of this morning. Walton is not an issue because the chances of him are not good and that is from the staff. As we all know college staffs say one thing but do another and he is just seeing how this staff handles the situation but he is not demanding anything just being cautious.

in your opinion, how do you think this will play out?

both Jordans stick, Williams to UF and Walton to 2016..?

TC, appreciate the insights. Of the 3 other commits and current RB roster, it seems to me that his skill set is unique, which I'm sure the staff is stressing. He has a unique combo of power and instinct for daylight which IMO will equal early playing time regardless. Your thoughts?

in your opinion, how do you think this will play out?

both Jordans stick, Williams to UF and Walton to

I think it will be a pair of Jordan's for 2015 and that's it for the class. Walton and one other for the next year.

Advertisement

TC, appreciate the insights. Of the 3 other commits and current RB roster, it seems to me that his skill set is unique, which I'm sure the staff is stressing. He has a unique combo of power and instinct for daylight which IMO will equal early playing time regardless. Your thoughts?

The staff sees it exactly the same way and with him and Scarlett you have 2 bigger backs that can take it to the house. Year by is a different runner and not as much of a home run hitter but between the 3 it's a good mix

Well in your opinion how are they supposed to handle this situation? To not accept Scarlett's commitment? The opportunity will still be at Miami. You said the staff said one but are doing another? I assume you mean they said they're taking two RBs? Well how did they know Walton was going to try to reclassify? Maybe they don't think he would've been able to do it(which he still hasn't). As of right now, I'm counting 2 RBs committed in Cronk and Scarlett. Williams to me is more of a flex/hybrid player. He'll be used as a RB, TB, KR, PR, WR, slot, etc. Plus I imagine there will be tons of 2 RB sets in the playbook. Looks like we're phasing out the traditional FB role and going with more 2 TE and 2 RB sets. I see nothing but opportunity for Cronk. He's a **** of a player and no doubt I want him apart of this class. The only reason he would consider decommiting, is if Walton does OFFICIALLY reclassify. Then I don't blame Cronk for pursuing other options as that would be 3 traditional RBs committed.

Coaches were clearly wanting 2 RBs in this class, and when a third commits, it would be foolish to look at that situation and not think there might be an issue there. The way Token is describing the situation is exactly how it should be handled, no one is running away from competition but recruiting can get dirty real quick and to not have a plan B as a HS player would be foolish.

Williams is iffy at best so hopefully Cronkrite stays in this class, would be a great combo with Scarlett.

Advertisement
Back