Confirmed RB Coach Tim Harris Jr

This approach makes a lot more sense. Hire your Oc and let him have input on who you’re hiring to coach “ his offense“.

These are two great posts.

They don’t have to have worked directly with Dawson, but I’m certain he’s asking/vetting if the candidates can actually teach his offensive philosophy.

I personally didn’t think he’d leave UCF to come here, so this must be one sweet deal for Harris Jr

Last edited:
Advertisement
This isn’t your typical “ rb coach “ type deal. Harris was the OC at BTW, called plays at FIU and had the co OC title at UCF. He has X’s and O’s ability.
Cribby being a step ahead of me here. **** work, I'm glad I can get on the toilet for a moment.

Co-OC always means you are involved in the offense. UCF has been running the kind of spread scheme that we have craved for many years. Plus, the RBs he got and developed all played very well throughout his career at other spots.

I like these hires.

Homie checking in from Medellín, Colombia

pablo escobar narcos GIF

Advertisement
Ummm, we have 3 or 4 of those guys on this staff especially if you include Cooney.
Bain
DVD
Pata in that category?
Now Harris
Cooney
Would Field fall in that category? I know he ran northwestern for a few glory years and he's from s.fla.
Jason Taylor is local now after having been a dolphin and on staff at STA. He's been in Miami for 25 years now.
Mirabel obviously
Sabbath Joseph
Highsmith
Rumph
Baez
Roland Smith

We have a bunch of local guys on staff.

Advertisement
Great hire. Mario tried the whole “all star team” staff and it flopped terribly. Switch it up and go in a different direction this time. Young and/or hungry guys who all have something to prove. Chips on there shoulder. No more guys seeing this job as a pre-retirement gig. Come here to work.

Also, gotta have a local guy who is respected on a UM coaching staff. Sorry you just have to. Welcome to South Florida politics. You don’t like it? Go root for Bama. This is the way it is. Harris Jr was the perfect hire and he has the credentials to boot. So win-win.

The politics thing is a good point. We have a lot of local support staff, but on-field is something the local HS coaches respect more.

And now we have a coach who is local, black, Dade football royalty (as other have put it) who can go IN HOME.

Last edited:
Advertisement
These are two great posts.

They don’t have to have worked directly with Dawson, but I’m certain he’s asking/vetting if the candidates can actually teach his offensive philosophy.

I personally didn’t think he’d leave UCF to come here, so this must be one sweet deal for Harris Jr

There's no place like home.

This isn’t your typical “ rb coach “ type deal. Harris was the OC at BTW, called plays at FIU and had the co OC title at UCF. He has X’s and O’s ability.

And if he keeps growing his skillset under this staff, he may be a viable candidate for OC the next time we are looking for one.
But the key here, unlike some of the other local soFla (or UM grad) names, he has been taking on different jobs, paying his dues working under different coaches.

Last edited:
Advertisement
THIS IS ICE SENIOR. WE ARE NOT GETTING ICE SENIOR. WE ARE GETTING THE SIRE OF ICE SENIOR.

AND YES, ICE JUNIOR IS GONNA GET PIZZED IF THEY TAKE YOUR REMOTE CONTROL WITH YOUR MAMA IN THE STANDS.

Wrong guy - that ain't Lice Harris.

Good hire; For everybody always falling over themselves for South FL recruiting, he’ll do just that.

Will be interesting to see how he recruits OOS. I sure hope he's not going to be just a sofla recruiter.

so, he's got the local recruiting down, any word on how he recruits nationally?? is he an overall relatable/trusted guy to the kids from anywhere??

Advertisement
Back