Confirmed RB Coach Tim Harris Jr

Advertisement
Mario did a complete 180 this offseason with hiring up and coming, young, hungry coaches vs the experienced seasoned, well traveled coaches like last offseason.

I’m curious to see what they do at WR, feels like it’s going to be a more experienced coach…seems like that room needs a proven professional to right it.

Know your Harrises...

Tim Sr. ("Ice")
View attachment 230944

Tim Jr. (ran track at Miami, member of the UM Sports Hall of Fame):
View attachment 230945

Brandon (played CB at UM:
View attachment 230947

Treon (got-**** Gaytor):
View attachment 230949
By the end of this decade I bet we hire Harry "Fire" Harris Jr. He's a former coach at Miami Central-Western and will KILL it here recruiting-wise.

He's no relation to the Tims, Brandon or Treon but he goes to the same barber as Jacory and has some strong feelings about Kamala.

Big picture hire instead of flashy. Mario is learning.

Tim Jr. always seems like a humble dude. Hopefully his character, name & familiarity w Miami schools pays off.

Long term hire in a day where there is tons of staff turnover. Familiar with system too. Perfect fit & timing.

JW, how is he familiar with the system?

Advertisement
I’m not sure what you’re trying to prove here?

Jonathan Patke is an excellent coach who I wish we still had. He’d probably be the best coach on the staff at the present moment.
Ehhh this trolling method ain’t it broski
97201EB0-43C4-4E73-AC7E-5ABDC3FA0330.gif

Advertisement
I just don’t think we are going to be full Air Raid. I think we will mix passing aspects along with running concepts of a power spread. (similar to Malzahn’s)

Gut feeling & reading between the lines. It’s Mario.
Dawson runs the ball and if he has a solid Ol and backfield he runs it a lot. This isn’t the early 2000’s air raid. People hear air raid and they think Mumme, it‘s nothing like that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
How did his son not end up a cane?
Bruh….. it was wild around here during that time. Craziness. Basically Treon wanted to be a QB. We were recruiting him as an “athlete”. UF gave him the nod as a QB, so he went there. Then he trolled us a bit. Word around the time was that Treon was talking to other recruits, trashing us to try and steer them away from us. Good times, mane.

Last edited:
Mario did a complete 180 this offseason with hiring up and coming, young, hungry coaches vs the experienced seasoned, well traveled coaches like last offseason.

I’m curious to see what they do at WR, feels like it’s going to be a more experienced coach…seems like that room needs a proven professional to right it.
He should have done a complete 540 with all the spin we have here like Mac

Matthew Basketball GIF by BIG EAST Conference

Big picture hire instead of flashy. Mario is learning.

Tim Jr. always seems like a humble dude. Hopefully his character, name & familiarity w Miami schools pays off.

Long term hire in a day where there is tons of staff turnover. Familiar with system too. Perfect fit & timing.

Perfectly summarized. The feedback we've heard has been all positive.

Advertisement
Dawson runs the ball and if he has a solid Ol and backfield he runs it a lot. This isn’t the early 2000’s air raid. People hear air raid and they think Mumme, it‘s nothing like that.

Exactly. Malzahn has some good run concepts too, good to have Harris Jr be able to borrow from his playbook for our offensive meetings going forward.

This.

Air Raid has really evolved to more a philosophy and teaching/practice habits. Keep it simple, move fast, maximize the reps etc.

Advertisement
Back