NFL Ravens fans

fvck R1 corners.

Marcus Williams is a gr8 pick up.
All the best CB’s in the league (except for JC Jackson) were all 1st rounders.

And have you seen how talented this CB draft is? Passing up on one in the 1st would be a mistake.

Advertisement

And have you seen how talented this CB draft is? Passing up on one in the 1st would be a mistake.

True...sure...but, many of them get traded by the team that drafted them before the rookie deal is up (even the good ones, Ramsey, Peters, etc.). Upside is there, but its a crapshoot, my man. I'm a fan of a stinky team, just gimme QB/OL/DL until we're good. Ravens? Yall kind of in that middle ground right now...you gotta do some fortifying, for sure. But CB? idk...I guess...but just one of my rules, brother.

2020, one ended up being p good (AJ Terrell), two aren't even on the team that drafted them and the rest might be stinky.
2019, R1 CB not on the team that drafted him (Baker)
2018, Jaire Alexander and Denzel Ward are two of the best, but Mike Hughes and Minkah didn't make it to the end of his rookie deal, Minkah is pretty good.
2017 Conley and Adoree didn't make it (TreDave and Lattimore are top guys, Humphrey been pretty good in the nickel whenever I've watched the Ravens)
2016, 2015, 2014, I don't think any of them are on the team that drafted them...some elite ones, some short shelf lives, and a lot of stink.

A quick look at the depth chart, your boys need some OL and the DL is gettin a lil old. I'm sure CB is a need too, but premium capital on one...better hope he's a stud.

I was not expecting a move like this big flashy signings are not usually our play. I prefer him over Mathieu tbh. I tend to lean towards youth. Also true centerfield safeties are worth the asking price.

I assume this removes us from the Bobby wagner sweepstakes unless we do some cap dump of a trade. Myles jack also just got cut he wasn't good last year but he was on the Jags so...

Bring me stingley in the first and then some o line and front seven for the rest of the draft. Maybe pierce outta cincy or that ND state burner at wr or likely at te.

Advertisement
True...sure...but, many of them get traded by the team that drafted them before the rookie deal is up (even the good ones, Ramsey, Peters, etc.). Upside is there, but its a crapshoot, my man. I'm a fan of a stinky team, just gimme QB/OL/DL until we're good. Ravens? Yall kind of in that middle ground right now...you gotta do some fortifying, for sure. But CB? idk...I guess...but just one of my rules, brother.

2020, one ended up being p good (AJ Terrell), two aren't even on the team that drafted them and the rest might be stinky.
2019, R1 CB not on the team that drafted him (Baker)
2018, Jaire Alexander and Denzel Ward are two of the best, but Mike Hughes and Minkah didn't make it to the end of his rookie deal, Minkah is pretty good.
2017 Conley and Adoree didn't make it (TreDave and Lattimore are top guys, Humphrey been pretty good in the nickel whenever I've watched the Ravens)
2016, 2015, 2014, I don't think any of them are on the team that drafted them...some elite ones, some short shelf lives, and a lot of stink.

A quick look at the depth chart, your boys need some OL and the DL is gettin a lil old. I'm sure CB is a need too, but premium capital on one...better hope he's a stud.
Still bitter about CJ Henderson huh lol...

The Ravens only have 6 CB’s on the roster, with both Peters & Humphrey coming back from season ending injuries.

We have absolutely NO depth at CB & no cover guys at all, like literally our CB group is either injured, or not good at all.

It’s the absolute biggest need we have, you can find premium starters at OL & DL in rounds 2-5 & we have 10 picks in this draft with 2 in the 3rd round & 5 in the 4th, taking an OL in the 1st round is a complete waste of draft capital for a team that has decimated Defense like us.

For the Jags, of course, yall have to take building block players early, but for a playoff contender like us we have to add premium talent to our Secondary & our CB room is horrid outside of Peters who’s getting on the bad side of 30 & coming off an ACL tear.

Not to mention, we’re in the AFC having to compete with the Bengals, Chiefs, Bills, Broncos, Raiders, Chargers etc that all have potent offensive firepower & we have no one on the backend to stop them.

I was not expecting a move like this big flashy signings are not usually our play. I prefer him over Mathieu tbh. I tend to lean towards youth. Also true centerfield safeties are worth the asking price.

I assume this removes us from the Bobby wagner sweepstakes unless we do some cap dump of a trade. Myles jack also just got cut he wasn't good last year but he was on the Jags so...

Bring me stingley in the first and then some o line and front seven for the rest of the draft. Maybe pierce outta cincy or that ND state burner at wr or likely at te.
We’re pretty strapped with cash, so unless Bobby Wagner wants a 1 year deal I doubt we go after him.

Hopefully we get Lamar extended because that would actually free up quite a bit of Cap & we could restructure Ronnie Stanley & Marlon Humphrey’s deal, plus Kevin Zeitler, but in all honesty we gotta cut Derek Wolfe or trade Nick Boyle to free up about 11 million in space.

how would you rank the top draft-eligible cb's and what do you think of Woolen from UTSA?

how would you rank the top draft-eligible cb's and what do you think of Woolen from UTSA?
1. Ahmad Gardner
2. Derek Stingley
3. Kaiir Elam
4. Trent McDuffie
5. Andrew Booth
6. Joshua Williams (Really high upside)
7. Roger McCreary
8. Derion Kendrick
9. Kalon Barnes
10. Kyler Gordon
11. Coby Bryant
12. Martin Emerson
13. Jermaine Waller
14. Mario Goodrich
15. Decobie Durant

Tariq Woolen is an absolute freak of nature, he’s very raw though & not a CB in the league IMO, will be best at Safety/Hybrid playing in the same role as Jayron Kearse in Dallas or Jeremy Chin in Carolina.

Advertisement
We’re pretty strapped with cash, so unless Bobby Wagner wants a 1 year deal I doubt we go after him.

Hopefully we get Lamar extended because that would actually free up quite a bit of Cap & we could restructure Ronnie Stanley & Marlon Humphrey’s deal, plus Kevin Zeitler, but in all honesty we gotta cut Derek Wolfe or trade Nick Boyle to free up about 11 million in space.
It pains me to cut. Wolfe cuz we are from the same area but dude basically getting free money from us.

Boyle is incredibly over paid for a blocking te. Curious to see what they do with ricard.

Stanley's has to be restructured I don't trust him to play to his pay at this point. Maybe I'm wrong for that tho.

Advertisement
So I'm assuming that takes us out of taking a tackle at 14. So bpa at corner or pass rusher?

I've seen some recent devin lloyd mocks. Not my fav but I get it. Rather get Christian Harris in the 2nd.

God I hope linderbaum is gone before we pick lmao.

Also are those comp picks coming in clutch as always.

Xavien Howard and James Bradberry were 2nd rounders. But, I'd say your point stands. Probably 75% of the top 12 are first rounders and top prospects are even harder to pass up in today's game.

Advertisement
So I'm assuming that takes us out of taking a tackle at 14. So bpa at corner or pass rusher?

I've seen some recent devin lloyd mocks. Not my fav but I get it. Rather get Christian Harris in the 2nd.

God I hope linderbaum is gone before we pick lmao.

Also are those comp picks coming in clutch as always.
Yeah we’re definitely taking a CB or a pass rusher.

I’m all in on us taking a Corner at 14, but if we took Devin Lloyd I wouldn’t be mad at all, he’s the best LB in the draft IMO, he’s got Lavonte David skill set in Alec Ogletree’s body, he can play Mike LB, Sam Backer or Edge rusher. He’s one of the few can’t miss prospects in the draft, I didn’t think he’d still be on the board at 14, but if he’s there I won’t be at all if we take him.

I still hope we take the best CB available at 14 though.

And we lead the league in comp picks as an organization, we literally have the most comp picks in NFL history, mainly because we always let our guys go in Free agency lol.

Advertisement
Back