NFL Ravens fans

Ravens fan and didnt like either pick. The fact that ESPiN first five highlights of a QB was him running plus the fact that Jacksons accuracy is not very good. I thougt they could have done better than the TE

Advertisement
I hate the NFL so if i get stuck watching a game I just cheer for the team with the most/bestest Canes on it.

For a while the Ravens were it!

Why do we keep trading back!!! Seriously I don't know what Ozzie is doing.. I'm about to leave out for the night though... So basically the past 53 picks we couldn't have used... Ozzie hit the lights when you walk out.. Lol

Lamar is a risk and he needs time to get stronger, develop his body some more and learn the intricacies of being an NFL QB, but as long as he gets the time and they don’t throw him to the wolves, this could pay dividends down the road. His arm is actually pretty good if you’ve ever watched him throw.

Contrast to the Browns and Mayfield. Another guaranteed Browns QB bust, as I mentioned in another thread. He’ll get thrown to the wolves right away in the usual Browns fashion. Mayfield has no shot to ever be a good NFL QB.

I say this knowing he has a lot of moon-eyed fanboys on this site.

Cleveland gon' Cleveland

Advertisement
Agree on Mayfield, I compared him to Chase Daniel as a player. Baker is a successful college QB but has big question marks due to lack of size, small hands & questionable off the field traits. Kid is big time into himself, confidence is good, but Dbag arrogance is dangerous.

The Ravens QB coach is James Urban, he coached under Andy Reid in Philly from 04-10, he was a big part in developing Donovan McNabb & Michael Vick the year they had when they went to the playoffs. This pick of Lamar had a lot to do with him & OC Marty Mornhinweg (who coached Geno Smith his rookie year with the Jets) understanding that they can fix his mechanics & mold him to be a better QB. They're both Mike Holmgren/Andy Reid disciples & those guys are old school QB developers.

You think Baker is Johnie Football II? I didn’t watch him much, but that is in my head.

Lots of great Canes played in Baltimore Bubbs. Always the team I rooted for after the Bucs were out of playoff contention (usually by week 10)
I am right there with you. I'm a Buc all day, but I always had love for the Ravens because of Ed, Ray, and Willis. Then, when I started working for TEKsystems, they practically brainwashed and indoctrinated all of us to the Ravens world.

Hopefully, our Bucs can turn things around sooner than later. We are close to having all of the pieces in place to make a good run. I loved our first round pickup. Vita is going to pair well with McCoy.

I apologize, Raven fans, for getting sidetracked for a second. I saw "Bucs" and had to chime in. Carry on. Lol.

That's great sh*t reg. And I became a Ravens fan because of Ray Lewis primarily, when I was a lil jit I first came up watching those mid 90's Canes & Ray was always one of my fav players. So I just kept up on him to the league, but also guys like Duane Starks, Ed Reed, McGahee, Tavares Gooden, Streeter & Berry over the years so I just always liked the Ravens.
Exactly why I became a Ravens fan... they just kept employing Canes, you couldn't help but love em.

Advertisement

Don't know how many other Ravens fans there are on the board besides @jw410 & I think @kryptonite, but what yall think about our 1st round haul?

I absolutely love the trade backs from 16, to 22 to 25 & then moving back up to get Lamar. I think we're a perfect fit for him, he can sit & learn under Flacco for a year or two until that huge cap eating contract runs out & be developed in the system.

And Ozzie said at the combine that they view him as a QB not a WR, so he's not switching positions either.

Not really a hard core fan of any NFL team, only root for the Canes in the NFL regardless of what team they play for.
However, living in Skins and Ravens territory, I can say that Ravens' know what the heck they're doing when drafting.
Ozzie Newsome and staff are top-notch and, unlike what you see in soFla, fans and local media always stand up
for their Ravens.

Skins?
LOL.
They are Burgundy and Gold version of the Fins.

Not really a hard core fan of any NFL team, only root for the Canes in the NFL regardless of what team they play for.
However, living in Skins and Ravens territory, I can say that Ravens' know what the heck they're doing when drafting.
Ozzie Newsome and staff are top-notch and, unlike what you see in soFla, fans and local media always stand up
for their Ravens.

Skins?
LOL.
They are Burgundy and Gold version of the Fins.
Medley once again I agree with you. My step son who is a UM alum, will never miss a Fins game but has missed many a Canes game.
During my 21 year OB season tickets I attended every single game, and didn't continue the tickets there cause of working Saturdays.
I'm a Ravens and Dallas fan but I love UM sports one hundred times more.

Having 2, arguably 3 Miami Hall of Famers on their team made it even better. Ray Lewis is as intense as he seems, but I would argue that Reed is even more intense; the cameras just don't pick it up as often as they do with Ray.

At one of National Sales conference, John Harbaugh and Jim Harbaugh were our guest speakers, along with the father. This took place in May right after they had just coached against each other in the Super Bowl. John and his dad gave Jim the hardest of times on that stage. They are competitive as ****. It was like watching two middle schoolers in the lunch room go at each other. Lol

I insure their cousin, Anthony. The Harbaughs are an extremely competitive family.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I knew this was going to be a forgettable year for the fins. But I was thinking more like 24-10 type scores

Advertisement
Back