Raphael Akpejiori

cooks002

Junior
Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds 12m
“@ChrisYandle: Hoops-turned-football player Raphael Akpejiori will wear No. 78 and it currently listed as OL"

Currently weighing 241 according to Yandle. Not groundbreaking, but hey, any news right?

285.gif

Advertisement
Makes good sense if he can't run routes properly, has no idea of basic techniques, and runs like he is in quicksand while trying to get out of his stance. I'm not sure what the staff is seeing but I trust them with this.

Advertisement
What does it matter...I doubt he was going see any playing time behind, Clive,Sandland, and Dobard. Coaches are doing the kid a favor by trying to find him a position in which he could possibly get a shot at the NFL (undrafted free agent).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is he on scholarship for football? Is this just a trial?

So let me understand this.

We have a 6'9 F/C who is greatly undersized playing college football for the first time. At 241 pounds he is attempting to play OL with his ONE YEAR of eligibility left. Does this make sense?

We have a 6'9 F/C who is greatly undersized playing college football for the first time. At 241 pounds he is attempting to play OL with his ONE YEAR of eligibility left. Does this make sense?

doesn't make a lot of sense to me, if TE didn't work, doesn't seem like football is his sport.

Advertisement

doesn't make a lot of sense to me, if TE didn't work, doesn't seem like football is his sport.

I rather not waste the scholarship on someone who likely won't help the team in anyway next season. Use the ship towards the penalty.

So he's 4 inches taller and 20lbs heavier than our former punter. Put him at left tackle!!!!

So he's 4 inches taller and 20lbs heavier than our former punter. Put him at left tackle!!!!

They may have just transferred the height/weight from his basketball profile. I hope. At that height gaining weight is much easier and faster. Maybe he could be better at 280?

Either way, I would rather have him for one year rather than some scrub OL offered after signing day for 5 years.

Advertisement
Back