Raphael Akpejiori

Advertisement
He is going to weigh more than 240, for sure. He weighed 240 as a basketball player (and he looked heavier than that to me), which is a sport that makes it very hard to keep weight on. Cutting down the running by even half (very likely) and he will pack on some weight. He has the body type for it.

If he sticks through the summer, he can practice for a year as an OL (or whatever) and get some experience, maybe be an asset on Scout team, maybe try to block a field goal or two. Scouts will get to see him in practice and if he shows any sort of promise a few pro teams will be interested in bringing him in for a tryout. Everyone benefits.

Swoope, on the other hand, could have been an X Factor for us. Wish he would have given us a shot.

He couldn't catch a basketball in 4 years. Not really sure why anyone thought he'd be able to catch a football in pads with 240 pound guys trying to break his neck.

Advertisement
He couldn't catch a basketball in 4 years. Not really sure why anyone thought he'd be able to catch a football in pads with 240 pound guys trying to break his neck.

Jimmy Graham didnt exactly have great hands in bball either

But you watched Jimmy Graham and saw an athlete. Multiple times during his basketball career I turned to friends and said "wish we could get him at D End". I got the position wrong, but the point is you could see an explosive athlete that looked like a potential stud football player.

Put him in to block FGs. I doubt there is much more he would possibly be effective at.

I agree... Or let him run down on special teams... I thought DE would have been a good idea as well... Usually bball players have quick first steps...

Yeah....he was a pretty crappy basketball player though.

Hahaa well I don't know... The staff is trying their best to find a spot for him... Which is nice... He probably should have tried track and field... High jump or any field events something... But it shouldn't be too hard for him to run down and hit someone...

But you watched Jimmy Graham and saw an athlete. Multiple times during his basketball career I turned to friends and said "wish we could get him at D End". I got the position wrong, but the point is you could see an explosive athlete that looked like a potential stud football player.

And I think he used to play catch with the players at times... There was a reason why the staff was adamant about getting Graham to come out before his final season... They saw something... I think this dude was a surprise to all...

Advertisement
I hope he's not taking up a scholarship. I don't see him making an impact anywhere for us.

And I think he used to play catch with the players at times... There was a reason why the staff was adamant about getting Graham to come out before his final season... They saw something... I think this dude was a surprise to all...

I never saw Graham and thought star Fball player and it amazes me that a guy who had trouble catching a basketball can catch a football with ease

Regardless that was the point I was trying to make. I never expected anything of Ralph playing football. Swoope would have interesting though

Advertisement

Not even close. Jimmy Graham was decent. Graham was Swoope. ROK was turrible. ROK was special Olympics bad.

Not even close. Jimmy Graham was decent. Graham was Swoope. ROK was turrible. ROK was special Olympics bad.

JG was a freak athlete with a ton of potential. The admiral has little athleticism and him playing OL makes little sense. If this guy is on scholarship, consider me confused with the decision.

Advertisement
Back