Rankings

Advertisement
I really like what I am seeing with this group lately. A. Ros will continue to develop consistency and right now I like our chance in 3 against any team out there

I really like what I am seeing with this group lately. A. Ros will continue to develop consistency and right now I like our chance in 3 against any team out there

Rosario needs to be moved to the pen. With the way he’s pitched this year it’s an automatic Sunday L against tournament teams. If we can figure out our Sunday guy(s) I feel good about a deep run.

Advertisement
Rosario needs to be moved to the pen. With the way he’s pitched this year it’s an automatic Sunday L against tournament teams. If we can figure out our Sunday guy(s) I feel good about a deep run.
I think they've been trying to figure it out. Without the midweek games to navigate we'll have Garland and McFarlane too. It's not a bad thing.

Advertisement
We just have to stay in top 8 nationally, and get a super regional… almost a must

I posted before the Pitt series that to be in good shape for a Top-8 seed entering the ACCT, the formula for us was to split our last 12 ACC games, and go 5-1 vs ND St, Steson, UCF, and FGCU.

We're on track in the ACC (though that was a missed opp to win a series), but there's no room for error now with the last 5 OOC games.

Bad week, but sweep ND St and that sets up for a difficult, but doable final 2 weeks

I’ve been listening to a couple of regional projections podcasts this morning, and it seems to be a consensus that the winner of the coastal, gets a national seed. It would take a complete collapse from both Miami and VT to keep both out of the top 8.

That surprised me. I thought that if ND and Louisville kept rolling, they would get in there. And I don’t see 3 ACC teams getting top 8. The way Louisville started is really hurting them. But that could change if they sweep UVA and VT.

Im guessing the winners of the Coastal and Atlantic get national seeds.

Advertisement
I’ve been listening to a couple of regional projections podcasts this morning, and it seems to be a consensus that the winner of the coastal, gets a national seed. It would take a complete collapse from both Miami and VT to keep both out of the top 8.

That surprised me. I thought that if ND and Louisville kept rolling, they would get in there. And I don’t see 3 ACC teams getting top 8. The way Louisville started is really hurting them. But that could change if they sweep UVA and VT.

Im guessing the winners of the Coastal and Atlantic get national seeds.
Good to hear. I suspect all the cancelled games due to weather is hurting ND and, as you mentioned, UL's start.

I think 3 national seeds is definitely possible, and maybe even likely.

Don't think 4 is gonna happen, but some of the mid-majors do seem to be stumbling, so you never know.

Here's the current needs report for RPI.

Miami, Florida

Remaining: 8 home, 3 road, 0 neutral
Current RPI: 14
ROWP: 0.669

Top 45:
0 home wins, 2 road wins
1 home wins, 1 road wins
2 home wins, 0 road wins

Top 32:
1 home wins, 3 road wins
2 home wins, 2 road wins
3 home wins, 1 road wins
4 home wins, 0 road wins

Top 16:
3 home wins, 3 road wins
4 home wins, 2 road wins
5 home wins, 1 road wins
6 home wins, 0 road wins

Top 8:
5 home wins, 3 road wins
6 home wins, 1 road wins
7 home wins, 0 road wins

Advertisement
RPI is pretty fickle to just look at rankings because 1. You don't see the pts separating teams and 2. RPI isn't just how you do, it's how your opponents do (most of ours had bad weeks).

There's as much of a gap in RPI between us and A&M at 10 as there is between us and Mercer at 15. And with how close a lot of teams are in RPI pts, a 3-0 week for us could definitely get us back in the top-10. Lose a game (even ND St has a better RPI than expected), and there will be another slide though

Advertisement
Back