Ranked by D1Baseball

I’m in East Tennessee trying to watch and ESPN is telling me all the ACC tourney games are blacked out in my area. This has to be a mistake, right.
Nope. It’s probably airing on a local RSN and Fox Sports Go, so they blacked out ACC Network Extra.

Advertisement
These projections don't make a lot of sense to me, e.g. A&M over LSU, same conference paired with each other in Supers, etc.

While I'd be happy hosting regardless of the seeding, as SCANE said, let's win 2 or more games this week to leave no doubt and move into a higher seed to avoid Vandy and UCLA.

Now that they seed 1-16 there's no more rule against matching up teams from the same conference in supers.

Advertisement
Now that they seed 1-16 there's no more rule against matching up teams from the same conference in supers.

Oh, I know. I am just saying, I'd be very surprised if they actually seed them that way. I suspect they are not going to worry about a 12 - 16 seed moving one position if it means avoiding two SEC teams paired, two Big 12 teams paired, etc. We'll see.

Oh, I know. I am just saying, I'd be very surprised if they actually seed them that way. I suspect they are not going to worry about a 12 - 16 seed moving one position if it means avoiding two SEC teams paired, two Big 12 teams paired, etc. We'll see.

It happened last year, so obviously they don't care.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Neither of them should get in. All we need is a few stolen bids and they won’t. Ecu losing yesterday was a good start to that

I missed that one. Ya, we need a Wichita St or Tulane upset conference tourney win there, and maybe one or two more out of the Big 12, Big 10, Big East, Conf USA and Mizz Valley.

Advertisement
Stolen Bid Watch

Here's what I came up with as possibilities to get an extra bid and push UF and FSU further off the bubble. Feel free to add or make corrections:

AAC: Need Cincinnati, Tulane, or Wichita State to win it
ACC: If it's not going to be us, we could use Wake Forest or Boston College winning the tournament
B12: Need Kansas, TCU, or Kansas State to win it
Big East: There will be an extra bid if anyone but Creighton wins the tournament
Big Ten: Extra bid if it's anyone other than Indiana, Illinois, or Nebraska
CUSA: Extra bid possible if anyone other than FAU wins it
MVC: Possible extra bid if Dallas Baptist, Illinois St, or Indiana St don't win
MWC: Possible extra bid if Fresno St doesn't win
WCC: Possible extra bid if BYU doesn't win

Stolen Bid Watch

Here's what I came up with as possibilities to get an extra bid and push UF and FSU further off the bubble. Feel free to add or make corrections:

AAC: Need Cincinnati, Tulane, or Wichita State to win it
ACC: If it's not going to be us, we could use Wake Forest or Boston College winning the tournament
B12: Need Kansas, TCU, or Kansas State to win it
Big East: There will be an extra bid if anyone but Creighton wins the tournament
Big Ten: Extra bid if it's anyone other than Indiana, Illinois, or Nebraska
CUSA: Extra bid possible if anyone other than FAU wins it
MVC: Possible extra bid if Dallas Baptist, Illinois St, or Indiana St don't win
MWC: Possible extra bid if Fresno St doesn't win
WCC: Possible extra bid if BYU doesn't win

Believe Michigan could be added to that Big Ten list unless something has changed in the past week

From D1Baseball. Please let it work out this way.
1- Calling my shot now… Mike Martin’s career is done.
I’m not saying this with any amount of glee, I swear. I love this dude. But unless they’re overtaken by the sentimental stuff, I can’t see the selection committee giving a Florida State team with an RPI at 55 an NCAA Tournament bid after today’s 7-4 loss to Wake Forest. Yes the Seminoles play NC State on Friday, but I don’t see them winning there either. So we’re talking about an FSU team that would finish with a 35-22 mark, falling short of 40 wins for the first time in the Mike Martin tenure in Tallahassee. They would also miss the Big Dance for the first time in that same 40-year span. ****, I guess this is what they mean when they say records are made to be broken. Still… 11’s other records for excellence will never be duplicated.

Advertisement
Back