Randy Shannon Arguably The One of The Best DC at UM Fired His Best Friend

Advertisement
This post is for those complaining about Manny. Randy Shannon was a great DC at Miami. When he took over as head coach the defense suffered also. After the first season he fired his best friend who was the DC.

Seems like this happened a lot for some odd reason. Great DCs become head coach just for their defense to tank.

Also Manny offensive coordinator choice seems very similar to how Randy choose his OC.

So Manny May make a change in the off season

Defense under Randy suffered because he and successor ran out of Butch's 1st round draft picks. That said, looking back, Randy was the best coach since Butch -- he still recruited speed.

Enos is making big time coordinator money. It has nothing to do with money.
disagree, today the DC Baker commented he has not looked at last years Defense scenes against competition this shows a lack of experience and perparation.Sure you paid for Enos but the rest of the staff is below average for the ACC......

Not this tired excuse again.

Manny hired guys who were willing to come coach under him. Any legit coach isnt going to sign up to work for a guy who has no business being a P5 head coach.
not sure i agree, on $$$ for staff.will agree that B.James national coaching search was lazy and manny will have a lot of OJT
thats for sure. this is when you pile on very,very capable experienced staff members....

He was given all the money he needed to hire a top notch staff. And he then decided to hire his bum friends that are littered all over our defensive coaching staff. Probably because he’s a novice first time head coach that never should have even gotten the job and because he’s a novice doesn’t have the prior connections to build a quality staff and that’s also is an indictment on Blake James as well because he’s the one who hired manny. Smh
cannot disagree with assessment of B.James. nt sure on the money issue because this staff is loaded with inexperience.
as an example the DC Baker admitted in the presser that he had not viewed any film from last years opponents to see how the defense schemed to stop the other team..... that seems to make a loud statement on preparation and experience

Advertisement
Oh we have money .... Trust me people! These boosters donated millions to the University already and still it continues. They have finally hit a wall and want to win just as bad as we do and its' a image to maintain and I didn't know until now that donating to the school does have big time perks. . They're treated as luxury. - That's why you see the new IPF and the new dorms being made and I hear maybe a new baseball / bball facility in the works. He has too let some of his staff go or he will be let go. These boosters are not playing they want Wins on and off the field!
I hope you are correct on comment on dollars, if you want to change from Manny then B.james must go as well
as his national search was pretty lazy.....and i still believe it is a very good job, not great but very good
if you recruit well and develop players , the Coastal is pretty easy division

if that is in fact true,then we might be in deeper trouble than i have imagined and growth curve is steeper than anticipated
Part of it is that he doesn’t have a coaching tree established and the ability to draw from it. It’s not anything he necessarily did wrong but that he hasn’t been a HC or a DC with a long history.

Part of it is just choices. Patke and Banda are choices he could’ve done better with. He chose Enos who isn’t running the type of offense we need and Enos chose Stubbs and Barry.

Part of it is that he doesn’t have a coaching tree established and the ability to draw from it. It’s not anything he necessarily did wrong but that he hasn’t been a HC or a DC with a long history.

Part of it is just choices. Patke and Banda are choices he could’ve done better with. He chose Enos who isn’t running the type of offense we need and Enos chose Stubbs and Barry.
it seems like offense is trying to fit square Peg into round hole, given the O Line is now a season long issue lets adjust
shotgun 3-4-5- wide, roll out QB, run the wildcat, fast break attack......get N'kosi in space with time to throw the ball down field
to WR in space. We need to be free wheeling and wide open.... will also help with recruits across the board.
the second half of Va.Tech game was the best we have looked offensively in2 + years

Advertisement
Advertisement
Les Miles just made a change to the OC a third of the way into the season.

Les Miles fired his OC a month after a record-setting road win at BC. His new OC’s only experience is at the NAIA level. Les Miles’ defense surrendered 52 and 45 points the last two games. The new OC should fix this problem.

Les Miles is not only not a savage, he’s stupid.

Well if Manny takes over the play calling then it’d be stupid to fire Baker mid season. At the very least the guy could coach a position. If you fire him then you’re just going the rest of the season with one less coach and you can’t realistically bring someone in mid season

It would be the same staff from last season. Just platoon Patke with strikers again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back