Randy Shannon Arguably The One of The Best DC at UM Fired His Best Friend

lmao he did what???..Yooo fr screenshot wtf your talking about it..I’m pretty sure your hinting at our sub package on long distance downs were we put a LB over the A/B gaps and the best pass rusher(15) over the center..which is a strategy a lot of other team deploy..I’ve never seen us put a LB at the DT position

Bro ... Please send us a screen shot of this !!! No way he did this??? I hated the fact we even had G.RO at Dtackle in a couple packages.... BUT THIS!

Advertisement
Bro ... Please send us a screen shot of this !!! No way he did this??? I hated the fact we even had G.RO at Dtackle in a couple packages.... BUT THIS!
That cat who posted this just made this **** up..yes we bluff A&B gap pressures with out LBs but that isn’t them playing DT LMAO

This post is for those complaining about Manny. Randy Shannon was a great DC at Miami. When he took over as head coach the defense suffered also. After the first season he fired his best friend who was the DC.

Seems like this happened a lot for some odd reason. Great DCs become head coach just for their defense to tank.

Also Manny offensive coordinator choice seems very similar to how Randy choose his OC.

So Manny May make a change in the off season

Who was his best friend? I don’t recall this

Advertisement
i keep wondering if Manny had the $$$ to hire a top notch staff ?( need a ST coach)
the talent is good enough to win 7,8,9 games heck with schedule could have been 10.
Manny needs to focus on Defense and let Enos run the offense rest of year.
then needs to reevaluate staff.....entire D staff,OL coach etc

Enos is making big time coordinator money. It has nothing to do with money.

Agreed............Coaching is a network of who you worked for, who you know, and who would you recommend for all positions.
Manny since he is a first timer does not have the deep connections of the super stars, nor would they work for a first timer. Difficult position to be in, but approaching the staff from this point of view..........Enos would be a major get..and Manny would lean on him to assemble his group.

You nailed it!!!

This why i got out of the game bro! Some of these dudes that have coaching jobs are buddies with someone or did favors for the higher ups . Some never even played the game or even have accolades to coach at the higher level. Little story of mine coming from a power - high school team that I had coached back in the day . I was verbally offered to be on a collegiate staff out of state one time if one of my recruits attended the same school that i was offered as a position coach. I told the head coach at the time i'm not playing that game! It's a decision he has to make as a young man 1st and a player 2nd. Family 3rd. If you view my skills and my trade of this game serviceable for the university and your coaching style then I'm all yours. I would appreciate the opportunity and give it my all . We'll the youngin decided to go elsewhere which it was in his heart and mind all the long. Which I had previously told him to follow. Although the P5 school were recruiting him hard still til signing day . He made a great decision because he's making plays on the field now and hes making great grades on pace to to graduate early. .... With that said , you all know the final outcome on my end . SMH (Dirty Biz mannn !)

Go Canes though! lol

Bill Miller should get a look at DC had some monster Defenses and knows how to recruit. Former DC under butch and everywhere he went he performed well

Advertisement
Diaf could probably rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic and demote Baker to LB coach. Still a woefully unqualified staff but the players may respond well to this:

DC Diaz
DL Stroud
LB Baker
LB Patke
DB Banda
DB Rumph

Patke could go back to focusing on Strikers too!

Advertisement
lmao he did what???..Yooo fr screenshot wtf your talking about it..I’m pretty sure your hinting at our sub package on long distance downs were we put a LB over the A/B gaps and the best pass rusher(15) over the center..which is a strategy a lot of other team deploy..I’ve never seen us put a LB at the DT position

That exact same scheme you speak up....consistently sucks. And got VT's interior to run a train on Mike Pinkney with no lube during the game on a play lol

Advertisement
That exact same scheme you speak up....consistently sucks. And got VT's interior to run a train on Mike Pinkney with no lube during the game on a play lol
Lol I know..Get the jist of it, overloading the gaps and shooting gaps, but VT executed it to a T...we adjusted better in the 2nd half tho..but you Turn the ball over 5 times your gonna lose and put your D in terrible spots

Surround a dumb HC with smart assistants and guess what? :unsure:

You'll still have a dummy :6fps6: calling the shots :rolleyes:

Wanny from 86-88 was pretty **** good. 36 games and we gave up a totalof 387 points for an average of 10.77 points per game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back