Randy Shannon Arguably The One of The Best DC at UM Fired His Best Friend

The fact that Manny has to go in and save Baker’s cookies is the death knell for Baker as a coach around here.

Time for Manny to start a serious DC search and convince Flake to give him the money for same.

Getting a new DC isn't going to help

Even if we got one or replaced both DC and OC.....we'd still be missing the key ONE brain in our game plan strategy room

That won't change until Manny's fling at playing a head coach is done.

I bet Temple is thanking their lucky stars:rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:.....an enjoying the Miami $$ we're still sending to them for taking him

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manny had a limited coaching tree to choose from. Especially on the O side of the ball since he was a defensive coach his entire career. He left his D staff in tact and only brought in his replacement. Got rid of the entire Richt O coaching staff and brought in a "highly touted" OC that also had a limited coaching tree. I don't think it's clear how much autonomy Enos had in selecting the O coaching staff, but I'd say Manny had the final OK.

Seems to me that due to the limited coaching trees of both Manny and Enos, the pickin's were slim.

The problem is we don’t know if a top level dc will want to play for Manny since he’s a first time hc.
A lot of dudes might want that dc job cause it’s Miami. Unfortunately some of the dudes might have to be first time dc’s.
Would we pay or would we want Corey Raymond?
Would he come here knowing we’re not dropping Mack trucks full of bags to db’s?

Manny had a limited coaching tree to choose from. Especially on the O side of the ball since he was a defensive coach his entire career. He left his D staff in tact and only brought in his replacement. Got rid of the entire Richt O coaching staff and brought in a "highly touted" OC that also had a limited coaching tree. I don't think it's clear how much autonomy Enos had in selecting the O coaching staff, but I'd say Manny had the final OK.

Seems to me that due to the limited coaching trees of both Manny and Enos, the pickin's were slim.
I agree on this as the problem and that’s a major issue with Manny being selected for this job at this time.

i keep wondering if Manny had the $$$ to hire a top notch staff ?( need a ST coach)
the talent is good enough to win 7,8,9 games heck with schedule could have been 10.
Manny needs to focus on Defense and let Enos run the offense rest of year.
then needs to reevaluate staff.....entire D staff,OL coach etc

Oh we have money .... Trust me people! These boosters donated millions to the University already and still it continues. They have finally hit a wall and want to win just as bad as we do and its' a image to maintain and I didn't know until now that donating to the school does have big time perks. . They're treated as luxury. - That's why you see the new IPF and the new dorms being made and I hear maybe a new baseball / bball facility in the works. He has too let some of his staff go or he will be let go. These boosters are not playing they want Wins on and off the field!

Advertisement
Coach Manny not producing on the field like he is supposed to he won't last his 3rd year especially if a bigtime coach is in the waiting ... His best bet is to lure Coach Jim Leavitt (That still scares me ) from FSU as Defense analyst to Defensive Coordinator / Asst Head Coach.

Plus it wouldn't hurt to have Manny learn as he go instead of failing as he is on the go. Pride comes before the fall . Manny and Jim Leavitt together Wow! Thats trouble in paradise.

There's plenty options out there.... I though he jumped the gun in his hires. Also wouldn't mind having Coach Charlie Strong as an option. USF has been on this man since he got there even a clerk of court judge as alum went at him smh . I be surprise he will last another year IMO.

We have to start planning now..... !

i keep wondering if Manny had the $$$ to hire a top notch staff ?( need a ST coach)
the talent is good enough to win 7,8,9 games heck with schedule could have been 10.
Manny needs to focus on Defense and let Enos run the offense rest of year.
then needs to reevaluate staff.....entire D staff,OL coach etc

Not this tired excuse again.

Manny hired guys who were willing to come coach under him. Any legit coach isnt going to sign up to work for a guy who has no business being a P5 head coach.

Baker lines up a DE and LB at tackle w
Nesta, Ford, UCLA guy, Miller on sidelines

Manny should be fired for even considering any ******* who would do that

Not a single never playing football moranic one of us would do something that ******* dumb.
Miller Greg hill and Garvin should be our line on third downs. Those four rushing. No delayed safety blitz garbage

The problem is we don’t know if a top level dc will want to play for Manny since he’s a first time hc.
A lot of dudes might want that dc job cause it’s Miami. Unfortunately some of the dudes might have to be first time dc’s.
Would we pay or would we want Corey Raymond?
Would he come here knowing we’re not dropping Mack trucks full of bags to db’s?
I’d take him in a second

Advertisement
Diaf could probably rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic and demote Baker to LB coach. Still a woefully unqualified staff but the players may respond well to this:

DC Diaz
DL Stroud
LB Baker
LB Patke
DB Banda
DB Rumph

Agreed............Coaching is a network of who you worked for, who you know, and who would you recommend for all positions.
Manny since he is a first timer does not have the deep connections of the super stars, nor would they work for a first timer. Difficult position to be in, but approaching the staff from this point of view..........Enos would be a major get..and Manny would lean on him to assemble his group.

Advertisement

Not a single never playing football moranic one of us would do something that ******* dumb.

bakers awful but nesta literally just got healthy. Miller should be playing a ton.

This post is for those complaining about Manny. Randy Shannon was a great DC at Miami. When he took over as head coach the defense suffered also. After the first season he fired his best friend who was the DC.

Seems like this happened a lot for some odd reason. Great DCs become head coach just for their defense to tank.

Also Manny offensive coordinator choice seems very similar to how Randy choose his OC.

So Manny May make a change in the off season

Randy's firings really didn't save the situation, did it?

His best bet is to lure Coach Jim Leavitt (That still scares me ) from FSU as Defense analyst to Defensive Coordinator / Asst Head Coach.
While I wouldn't mind Leavitt "consoling" Baxa a bit, he's a 3-4, not 4-3 (or 4-2-5!!) guy, so highly, highly doubtful

Advertisement
If we're going to suck and lose all our games we might as well start playing for 2020.

DE Yawn Garvin
DT Jordan Miller
DT Nesta Jade Silvera
DE Greg Rousseau
LB Pat Joyner
LB Sam Brooks
DB Gil Frierson
CB Trajan Bandy
CB DJ Ivey
SS Gurvan Hall
FS Bubba Bolden

Reserves:

DL: Hill, Ford, Bethel, Harvey
LB: Finley, Shaq, Pinckney
DB: Blades, Carter, Smith

Last edited:

lmao he did what???..Yooo fr screenshot wtf your talking about it..I’m pretty sure your hinting at our sub package on long distance downs were we put a LB over the A/B gaps and the best pass rusher(15) over the center..which is a strategy a lot of other team deploy..I’ve never seen us put a LB at the DT position

If we're going to suck and lose all our games we might as well start playing for 2020.

DE Yawn Garvin
DT Jordan Miller
DT Nesta Jade Silvera
DE Greg Rousseau
LB Pat Joyner
LB Sam Brooks
DB Gil Frierson
CB Trajan Bandy
CB DJ Ivey
SS Gurvan Hall
FS Bubba Bolden

Reserves: