Randy Shannon Arguably The One of The Best DC at UM Fired His Best Friend

ToiletWater

Banned
Banned
This post is for those complaining about Manny. Randy Shannon was a great DC at Miami. When he took over as head coach the defense suffered also. After the first season he fired his best friend who was the DC.

Seems like this happened a lot for some odd reason. Great DCs become head coach just for their defense to tank.

Also Manny offensive coordinator choice seems very similar to how Randy choose his OC.

So Manny May make a change in the off season

Last edited:
Advertisement
This post is for those complaining about Manny. Randy Shannon was a great DC at Miami. When he took over as head coach the defense suffered also. After the first season he fired his best friend who was the DC.

For those wanting a new DC. I ask to simply wait until the off season. Manny may or may not follow the path Randy took his first off season.

why wait till the end of the season? How does it help team morale to have a lame-duck DC teaching schemes and calling plays? Their rotten, moldy dynamic is at the core of our "accountability issues" and the sooner it's removed from the program the better off we'll be.

The season is lost, firing people at this moment will not change anything. 4-8 result at the end of the season will force changes.

Seems like this happened a lot for some odd reason. Great DCs become head coach just for their defense to tank.

Also Manny offensive coordinator choice seems very similar to how Randy choose his OC.

So Manny May make a change in the off season
How did that work out for him?

Advertisement
i keep wondering if Manny had the $$$ to hire a top notch staff ?( need a ST coach)
the talent is good enough to win 7,8,9 games heck with schedule could have been 10.
Manny needs to focus on Defense and let Enos run the offense rest of year.
then needs to reevaluate staff.....entire D staff,OL coach etc

why wait till the end of the season? How does it help team morale to have a lame-duck DC teaching schemes and calling plays? Their rotten, moldy dynamic is at the core of our "accountability issues" and the sooner it's removed from the program the better off we'll be.

Well if Manny takes over the play calling then it’d be stupid to fire Baker mid season. At the very least the guy could coach a position. If you fire him then you’re just going the rest of the season with one less coach and you can’t realistically bring someone in mid season

Advertisement
i keep wondering if Manny had the $$$ to hire a top notch staff ?( need a ST coach)
the talent is good enough to win 7,8,9 games heck with schedule could have been 10.
I don’t think it was the money, I think it was his choices.

The fact that Manny has to go in and save Baker’s cookies is the death knell for Baker as a coach around here.

Time for Manny to start a serious DC search and convince Flake to give him the money for same.

That's exactly what Miami needs. Another super expensive coordinator like Enos that will make firing the entire staff even more difficult,

He was given all the money he needed to hire a top notch staff. And he then decided to hire his bum friends that are littered all over our defensive coaching staff. Probably because he’s a novice first time head coach that never should have even gotten the job and because he’s a novice doesn’t have the prior connections to build a quality staff and that’s also is an indictment on Blake James as well because he’s the one who hired manny. Smh

Advertisement

Les Miles just made a change to the OC a third of the way into the season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back