Randy Shannon " 2 " Canes Elite...

Always pay attention to the average rating per athlete in a class. The worst coaches in the world can sign 25 3 stars at Miami. No problem. That will guarantee you a top 20 class any year.

Advertisement
You began with a big “IF”. Except the ratings don’t grade on a curve against needs. So not sure what point you are actually making.

How often do you see teams with high average rankings that are far away from the scholarship limit? I will give you a hint, it is very very rare.

Average recruiting ranking is the one that matters. Your massive "IF" is a lot less likely where teams need 25 kids, but they only settle for 13 kids who are mainly 5 stars.

Obviosly you dont know jack**** about football. Radio recruited those players? Radio hired those people? Radio developed those players? Remind me what that #1 class accomplished. ACC Coarstal.....nope....any of those make AA....not going to look but pretty sure they didnt......any of those guys do anything at the next level?? Spence might have without the injury. Radio is dog**** as a HC and average at best as a DC
Thanks for making my point. U so eager to
Be negative all u have is your emotions and you're off topic, goodbye.

Some of these guys just didn't like Shannon because he was black plain and simple. A couple few posters even admitted as much and never gave the dude a fair shot. You saw that when he was fired and then those same clowns crowned golden who was far worse as a coach then Shannon was. Shannon was bad but golden was historically bad...... anyways, that's why you see people using dumb *** stats like star avg. to down play chit.

The shannon hire was dumb a **** to begin with. That's what happens when you have an administration focused on trying to make Miami Harvard south than it is with Miami athletics. These lazy hires ****ed me off. theres no reason why Miami can't have a dominating football team, track team and baseball squad on a yearly basis. Athletic department is trash.

Not real hard to understand if you bring in a great coach they will surround themselves with great people. Look at jimmy Johnson staff, Dennis Erickson... chit go look at butch Davis staff in 2000. Now go compare that to Al golden simple *** staff. smh. If the HC moves on you'll have another young energetic guy ready to take his place similar to what you saw at Ohio St with Ryan day and Ou with Lincoln Kennedy. Miami needs an NFL caliber coach plain and simple.

Sheeeeeesh! Good chit.

It’s funny u mentioned track in ur post and I was like why is Miami no where to be found?? What I don’t get is why can’t we be Duke (I know that’s sacrilegious), but I mean Duke’s b ball program & LaCross program is always competitive, competing for titles, yet they are also one of the best schools in the nation, legit.

W the resources available to Miami, no reason for us not to always dominate football & baseball while competing for titles or at least competitive in track & field, WHILE still striving to be a great academic institution. Never got why it’s been either or since Shalala days.

Always pay attention to the average rating per athlete in a class. The worst coaches in the world can sign 25 3 stars at Miami. No problem. That will guarantee you a top 20 class any year.
The whole thread is not about anything u are
Talking about.almost all of nick Saban's players from those # 1 classes were straight garbage in the NFL do we take those classes back no!!! From now on if you are not a cane you getting deleted and ignored. If it's not about hope go smoke your dope.

Advertisement
Sheeeeeesh! Good chit.

It’s funny u mentioned track in ur post and I was like why is Miami no where to be found?? What I don’t get is why can’t we be Duke (I know that’s sacrilegious), but I mean Duke’s b ball program & LaCross program is always competitive, competing for titles, yet they are also one of the best schools in the nation, legit.

W the resources available to Miami, no reason for us not to always dominate football & baseball while competing for titles or at least competitive in track & field, WHILE still striving to be a great academic institution. Never got why it’s been either or since Shalala days.

Thanks for making my point. U so eager to
Be negative all u have is your emotions and you're off topic, goodbye.

Made your point that Radio and those players were trash...not one did anything. Negative? no I live in the real world not orange and green glasses like you cupcake

Sheeeeeesh! Good chit.

The reason they are so good at Lacrosse is because there is no Pro Lacrosse(or if there is they get paid barely anything). So the top lacrosse kids in the nation all just try to use it to go to the best schools they can get into. So they can end up making tons of money off their academics. Its the same thing for sports like rowing and other sports with no high paying pro leagues. Sine Duke is one of the best colleges that give athletic scholarships they land the top kids in those types of sports. Even Basketball. Unlike football and baseball were you have tons of guys going pro every year and the majority of 3,4 and 5 star kids think they are going to the league after college. Basketball players are different. Unless you are Lebron or someone like that the kids know they are probably not going to make the league so they care more about academics. That is why most of the best schools are also great academically.

There are a few exceptions like Kentucky, but thats because they drop bags and go after the type of kids that are sure they are going to the NBA after they graduate.

Look at the old school Duke teams when they were constantly winning NCs. Rarely did they have guys that did work in the NBA and most of the kids were 4-5 year guys that actually cared about their work in the classroom. Recently, they switched to getting the top 5 stars, but that is after decades of being basketball elites.

How often do you see teams with high average rankings that are far away from the scholarship limit? I will give you a hint, it is very very rare.

Average recruiting ranking is the one that matters. Your massive "IF" is a lot less likely where teams need 25 kids, but they only settle for 13 kids who are mainly 5 stars.
yawn. It was your IF. Of course average is fine if everyone takes the same number of kids. That didnt used to be the case and wasnt with our ‘04 and ‘08 classes being discussed here. When someone takes over 25 kids, which used to happen, their average got dropped down. In the new era of 25 kids, the class size variance will go way down, no doubt.

Advertisement
Did you ever hear the story about the 6’ tall man who drowned walking through a stream that was 5’ deep, on ave

yawn. It was your IF. Of course average is fine if everyone takes the same number of kids. That didnt used to be the case and wasnt with our ‘04 and ‘08 classes being discussed here. When someone takes over 25 kids, which used to happen, their average got dropped down. In the new era of 25 kids, the class size variance will go way down, no doubt.

No, I never heard that story lol.

That is not really true. There are tons of schools that picked up large classes. 7 schools had classes ranked over 91% and only 2 of them had less than 24 kids in that class. Both of those teams (Auburn and OSU) didn't need big classes to begin with. So your scenario of "classes that were small and high ranking when teams need big classes" didn't happen once last season.

No, I never heard that story lol.

That is not really true. There are tons of schools that picked up large classes. 7 schools had classes ranked over 91% and only 2 of them had less than 24 kids in that class. Both of those teams (Auburn and OSU) didn't need big classes to begin with. So your scenario of "classes that were small and high ranking when teams need big classes" didn't happen once last season.
Of course not. The 25 rule kicked in last year. But we were discussing the old classes of randy and coker that were 30+ kids.

I agree

Advertisement
Of course not. The 25 rule kicked in last year. But we were discussing the old classes of randy and coker that were 30+ kids.

Yes, I am saying those classes were just high ranking because they had so many kids. Average recruit ranking is what matters. You are saying average recruit ranking isn't as important.

The reason they are so good at Lacrosse is because there is no Pro Lacrosse(or if there is they get paid barely anything). So the top lacrosse kids in the nation all just try to use it to go to the best schools they can get into. So they can end up making tons of money off their academics. Its the same thing for sports like rowing and other sports with no high paying pro leagues. Sine Duke is one of the best colleges that give athletic scholarships they land the top kids in those types of sports. Even Basketball. Unlike football and baseball were you have tons of guys going pro every year and the majority of 3,4 and 5 star kids think they are going to the league after college. Basketball players are different. Unless you are Lebron or someone like that the kids know they are probably not going to make the league so they care more about academics. That is why most of the best schools are also great academically.

There are a few exceptions like Kentucky, but thats because they drop bags and go after the type of kids that are sure they are going to the NBA after they graduate.

Look at the old school Duke teams when they were constantly winning NCs. Rarely did they have guys that did work in the NBA and most of the kids were 4-5 year guys that actually cared about their work in the classroom. Recently, they switched to getting the top 5 stars, but that is after decades of being basketball elites.

Bro, I completely agree; but y can’t we do the same? Duke invest in its sports & academics. They made sure K has everything w/o ?. We made our most money when our sports was poppin! Lol. So I’m just sayin, y not fully invest? We’re getting better, but to me, even though I’m rooting for him, Manny was still a typical Miami hire.

Sports generates so much revenue for schools, and its a safe investment that will yield rich dividends. We have that proof already!!! lol. Instead of relying upon donors, invest in what made Miami, Miami (football & baseball) and that $ will flow. Bet $ our academic ranking will increase as well.

Bro, I completely agree; but y can’t we do the same? Duke invest in its sports & academics. They made sure K has everything w/o ?. We made our most money when our sports was poppin! Lol. So I’m just sayin, y not fully invest? We’re getting better, but to me, even though I’m rooting for him, Manny was still a typical Miami hire.

Sports generates so much revenue for schools, and its a safe investment that will yield rich dividends. We have that proof already!!! lol. Instead of relying upon donors, invest in what made Miami, Miami (football & baseball) and that $ will flow. Bet $ our academic ranking will increase as well.

I agree. I think we should. Obviously we can't compete with UNC, Duke, UVA, and schools like that academically, but we could beat out UF, UGA, schools like that for kids if they care about academics.

Look at John Mack. The guy played football for Duke back in the day and has a higher net worth than pretty much anybody in the NFL because he used their academics to his advantage.

Advertisement

My guy; Bama took the same amount of kids; the only difference was we had 32 enrollees & they had 30 enrollees and 2 signed LOI’s, yet their recruiting score was .9120

I agree. I think we should. Obviously we can't compete with UNC, Duke, UVA, and schools like that academically, but we could beat out UF, UGA, schools like that for kids if they care about academics.

Look at John Mack. The guy played football for Duke back in the day and has a higher net worth than pretty much anybody in the NFL because he used their academics to his advantage.

Y can’t we, though?

So check it out; I was talking to one my older frat’s few years back & knew John Singleton well. He’s also a retired guidance counselor at SC. He said academics is religion & football is their collection plate. Lol.

He said SC made sure their professors were transcending, not just educators. That’s where they got to where they were, and guys like Singleton would not only be a booster for football, but he boosters for the departments they graduated from. But he was clear, football is everything; it’s the key for boosters on both sides.

I’m just saying, Miami have the ability to move the needle, man. I’ve seen it happen, and somewhere we lost our way.

Y can’t we, though?

So check it out; I was talking to one my older frat’s few years back & knew John Singleton well. He’s also a retired guidance counselor at SC. He said academics is religion & football is their collection plate. Lol.

He said SC made sure their professors were transcending, not just educators. That’s where they got to where they were, and guys like Singleton would not only be a booster for football, but he boosters for the departments they graduated from. But he was clear, football is everything; it’s the key for boosters on both sides.

I’m just saying, Miami have the ability to move the needle, man. I’ve seen it happen, and somewhere we lost our way.

Ohhh I see what your saying. Nah I agree. I thought you meant like right this second we can go out and start scooping up Duke basketball kids by saying we are as good academically as them.

Advertisement
Back