Randy Shannon " 2 " Canes Elite...

And they had a better class.

Wait!!! Lol!!! LOL!!!!!! I know that!! That was our whole point @OriginalGatorHater regarding recruit avg gives a better indication of a class than class rank. Which is y I initially posted that Bama’s # 3 ranked class was better than ours. ****, if I’m being 💯, that 08 UGA class was better than ours.

Advertisement
Ohhh I see what your saying. Nah I agree. I thought you meant like right this second we can go out and start scooping up Duke basketball kids by saying we are as good academically as them.

Naw Brody. Lol.

I’m saying if Miami wants to be Harvard of the South, they can. If they want to be thee most dominant CFB football team & CBB (baseball) team, they can.....IF they reinvest in itself. We’ve seen the rich rewards when our squad dominated; TV revenue, Pioneered sponsorships, Global branding, Big Conference invite, academic buildings going up, dorms being built, tuition going up, student enrollment going up, etc.

We invest, we win. Can’t be using duck tape on projects that require nuts & bolts, ya dig?

Naw Brody. Lol.

I’m saying if Miami wants to be Harvard of the South, they can. If they want to be thee most dominant CFB football team & CBB (baseball) team, they can.....IF they reinvest in itself. We’ve seen the rich rewards when our squad dominated; TV revenue, Pioneered sponsorships, Global branding, Big Conference invite, academic buildings going up, dorms being built, tuition going up, student enrollment going up, etc.

We invest, we win. Can’t be using duck tape on projects that require nuts & bolts, ya dig?

100% agree. Facts.

Randy Shannon didn't have the support or the coaching staff to develop the players we had into stars. When he was coach didn't we have like a High School weight room? I don't know how you're supposed to beat Florida with that plus starting freshmen all over the field. I actually was pleased with how we played the Gators. Also, Our OC changing just about every year hurt us bad as well.

Wait!!! Lol!!! LOL!!!!!! I know that!! That was our whole point @OriginalGatorHater regarding recruit avg gives a better indication of a class than class rank. Which is y I initially posted that Bama’s # 3 ranked class was better than ours. ****, if I’m being 💯, that 08 UGA class was better than ours.
He hyped it as the perfect metric. It’s flawed, but still useful. I already pointed out why.

Advertisement
If you go back and watch that Florida game back in 2008 you'll see Randy Shannon had Urban Meyer on his toes with young talent. Problem was our Offense just couldn't get it together, and your Offensive line got kinda manhandled. Gators were in the backfield every play.

The whole thread is not about anything u are
Talking about.almost all of nick Saban's players from those # 1 classes were straight garbage in the NFL do we take those classes back no!!! From now on if you are not a cane you getting deleted and ignored. If it's not about hope go smoke your dope.

You better watch yourself before posting like some self appointed mod on this site. Also, it is not your place to question who is and who is not a "true Cane."

Shannon couldn't recruit to save his life

Players weren't his problem. He had players. Shannon was just a weird coach to play for. Shannon isn't one of those coaches you'd run through a wall for. In over his head for the most part. To inexperienced. Had a weird *** plan to begin with and when that went sideways he had no answers. Couldn't adapt.

Saying Shannon couldn't recruit is just laziness on your part.

I already pointed out the evals sucked. That has been a big part of our problem since coker.

In any group of 15 four star kids, some will be higher ranked four stars and some lower. Whatever @ that.

However Jacory was not a ”fringe” 4*. He was the No.7 qb in the country per rivals (highest we have gotten since KW).

And for the record, coker’s ‘04 class was a bigger bust than Shannon’s ‘08 class, and it aint close. Coker’s ‘04 class was actually the roster killer that destroyed the program. (‘03 was mostly a wipeout also, thought it had a few gems (Hester, Beason, Olsen) - after ‘04 the collective dead wood on the roster was impossible to overcome.
Evals have been horendous here and we used to be the best at it and second best used to be so far behind us. Whwn Butch left that was it our evals were awful

Advertisement
**** good post. I don't know how Shannon keeps getting $hitted on, yet you have Coker who lets mr ponzi scheme have unfettered access to our players and recruits less than stellar players into the program. Coker is never really vilified on this site. The **** is mind boggling to say the least.
Coker destroyed the program he was the worst of the worst. Shannon as well as AG and MR there evals werent all that. We get all the MNW kids and the best one goes to Nebraska. Our evals have been dog **** since Butch left. They went on rankings in 08 and the rankings werent as accurate. In 11 years it has improved drastically but to what Sands said u get ranked depending who recruits u cause im guilty of it too. I trust few coaches and if Saban pays attention to a kid then i pay attention. That safet from STA last year was the real deal and he went to bama we had no shot and if we cant change that we r doomed.

Exactly. Here’s the y stars matter:

I’m just going to compare our classes v. Bama’s since 07 (since we wanna always talk about our 08 class):

Shannon & Saban took over in 2007 (y we didn’t hire Saban is beyond me)

Saban’s first class (2007: ranked 12th
avg .8781)
Shannon’s first class (2007: ranked 13th
avg .8890)

Saban’s 2nd class (2008: ranked 3rd
avg .9120)
Shannon’s 2nd class (2008: ranked 1st
avg .8934)

Saban’s 3rd class (2009: ranked 3rd
avg .9130)
Shannon’s 3rd class (2009: ranked 16th
avg .8948)

Saban’s 4th class (2010: ranked 4th
avg .8995)
Shannon’s 4th & last (2010: ranked 14th
avg .8748)

Saban’s first 4 class avg class ranked 5th and avg recruit ranked .9005 (avg 4 star-blue chip class)

Shannon’s first 4 classes avg class ranked 11th and avg recruit ranked .8888 (avg 3 star class)

Results? Bama won 2 National Championships w/in his 1st 4 yrs (2007-2011)

Miami....stuck in mediocre ****.
Man that’s almost a top 10 average. Not to aleast win a conference title with that talent let you know it was bad coaching.

Players weren't his problem. He had players. Shannon was just a weird coach to play for. Shannon isn't one of those coaches you'd run through a wall for. In over his head for the most part. To inexperienced. Had a weird *** plan to begin with and when that went sideways he had no answers. Couldn't adapt.

Saying Shannon couldn't recruit is just laziness on your part.

Nope, Randy Shannon was just an outright abysmal recruiter. Besides the year when the whole Northern part of Dade signed up to play for the hometown hero, the man was atrocious.

Saying he could recruit was pure delusion on your part.

Advertisement
The reason they are so good at Lacrosse is because there is no Pro Lacrosse(or if there is they get paid barely anything). So the top lacrosse kids in the nation all just try to use it to go to the best schools they can get into. So they can end up making tons of money off their academics. Its the same thing for sports like rowing and other sports with no high paying pro leagues. Sine Duke is one of the best colleges that give athletic scholarships they land the top kids in those types of sports. Even Basketball. Unlike football and baseball were you have tons of guys going pro every year and the majority of 3,4 and 5 star kids think they are going to the league after college. Basketball players are different. Unless you are Lebron or someone like that the kids know they are probably not going to make the league so they care more about academics. That is why most of the best schools are also great academically.

There are a few exceptions like Kentucky, but thats because they drop bags and go after the type of kids that are sure they are going to the NBA after they graduate.

Look at the old school Duke teams when they were constantly winning NCs. Rarely did they have guys that did work in the NBA and most of the kids were 4-5 year guys that actually cared about their work in the classroom. Recently, they switched to getting the top 5 stars, but that is after decades of being basketball elites.
I only see Duke teams constantly choking.

Coker destroyed the program he was the worst of the worst. Shannon as well as AG and MR there evals werent all that. We get all the MNW kids and the best one goes to Nebraska. Our evals have been dog **** since Butch left. They went on rankings in 08 and the rankings werent as accurate. In 11 years it has improved drastically but to what Sands said u get ranked depending who recruits u cause im guilty of it too. I trust few coaches and if Saban pays attention to a kid then i pay attention. That safet from STA last year was the real deal and he went to bama we had no shot and if we cant change that we r doomed.

Good points dude. Shannon would **** me off with the lack of COACHING the kids up. Golden with his decent offense and **** poor defense. Richt being stuck in the 1960's with that sorry playcalling.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Randy Shannon didn't have the support or the coaching staff to develop the players we had into stars. When he was coach didn't we have like a High School weight room? I don't know how you're supposed to beat Florida with that plus starting freshmen all over the field. I actually was pleased with how we played the Gators. Also, Our OC changing just about every year hurt us bad as well.

Blaming it on the weight room???? Really. So you are telling me the weight room was worse for that team compared to the late 90s/early 2000s

G T F O H

Blaming it on the weight room???? Really. So you are telling me the weight room was worse for that team compared to the late 90s/early 2000s

G T F O H

Lack of resources bruh. That was a good class of players. Lack of resources to compete against great talent every week.

Lack of resources bruh. That was a good class of players. Lack of resources to compete against great talent every week.

Lack of resource but the Reeds, Taylors, Portis, Gore etc... had a better weight room? It wasnt lack of resources....it was lack of eval....those players didnt do ****. If they had talent they would have made it to the next level. Overrated not lack of resources. Great talent? its the Coarstal....one of the weakest division in P5

I remember it like it was yesterday. I took the day off for national signing day. Honestly that was the very 1 year it was an all day thing in ESPN. And the Canes had a chance at a #1 class. And low and below we pulled it off. Man I thought we were back.

Randy failed for a number of reasons. And yes that class and the players were overrated. A lot of those MNW peaked in high school and Randy didn’t establish any type of culture with this team.

But it wasn’t for lack of talent. It hasn’t been lack of talent holding the canes back. It’s been lack of development and proper scheme and you don’t have to be a wizard just know than 4 verts.

Spence, jacory, fortson did those guys even put on one once of muscle while playing here?

Randy was an absentee coach and you were asking 18 year old kids to come in Be culture changes and know how to work and do things at the college level.

There is literally nothing that could have saved that class besides having a competent coach because randy was clueless.

They are the biggest bust class the history of recruiting imo but I’m going 70/30. Being most randy’s Fault because at 18 how the heck are you suppose to know how to work and prep at the college level if you’ve never been there before?

And even though it was overrated (aside from Saban just because he ran a totally different system and doesn’t believe fitting the scheme to the players) you could have handed that class to Myer, Dabo, Patterson, stoops, Peterson, leach almost any other coach and they would have probably squeeze at least a title birth out of them.

Advertisement
Back