Randy Shannon " 2 " Canes Elite...

Folden is the worst coach ever and it's not even close as long as you don't make it about race. Mork ain't too far behind him. How you can even bring up Shannon's game against Wisky after Wisky just anal raped Mork 2 straight seasons is beyond me...?

Lol...what does a game against a team 9 years apart have to do with one another? I spoke on the game in the context of the time it was being played.

Shannon imo is by far the worst coach in UM history...Had every chance in the world to bring UM up from a depth that was nowhere near where he left it. Your little recruiter argument is just terrible, the man brought in one class where the whole Dade county was ready to ride with the hometown boy. And if we are talking his evaluator skills? I mean the man looked right at Devontae Freeman and said "no thanks"

You have your opinion and I have mine. No need to keep flooding the board with your little bullshyt arguments.

He said "make it about race"...Ohhhh...one of those race-baiter types huh? Convo over.

Advertisement
Lol...what does a game against a team 9 years apart have to do with one another? I spoke on the game in the context of the time it was being played.

Shannon imo is by far the worst coach in UM history...Had every chance in the world to bring UM up from a depth that was nowhere near where he left it. Your little recruiter argument is just terrible, the man brought in one class where the whole Dade county was ready to ride with the hometown boy. And if we are talking his evaluator skills? I mean the man looked right at Devontae Freeman and said "no thanks"

You have your opinion and I have mine. No need to keep flooding the board with your little bullshyt arguments.

He said "make it about race"...Ohhhh...one of those race-baiter types huh? Convo over.
Shannon was a 1st time head coach with no budget. What was Folden and Mork's excuse? Nobody took more double digit *** whoopins than Folden. And unlike Folden and mork, Shannon never lost to Duke or 4 win Pitt teams. And don't even talk about missing out on recruits and burning bridges, cause Foldenofrio wasn't even allowed to set foot in certain south Florida high schools. You still ain't explained to us how 07 was supposed to be such a magical season when that was the same team that got Coker fired...?

Shannon was a 1st time head coach with no budget. What was Folden and Mork's excuse? Nobody took more double digit *** whoopins than Folden. And unlike Folden and mork, Shannon never lost to Duke or 4 win Pitt teams. And don't even talk about missing out on recruits and burning bridges, cause Foldenofrio wasn't even allowed to set foot in certain south Florida high schools. You still ain't explained to us how 07 was supposed to be such a magical season when that was the same team that got Coker fired...?

Shannon was 5 years removed from glory and had all hometown support...Golden was recruiting against sanctions and 10 years removed from glory years, and hadn't had even a 10 years season in what 7 years? Do I have to break this down further?

Shannon had all of Sofla support and turned that into "we haven't seen a UM coach here in quite some time" at local high schools...Laziest recruiter ever, the man simply despised the process of recruiting. He could have done big things at UM (or at the very least got us to top 10-15) by just showing a PULSE IN ANY ASPECT OF HIS JOB.

Never said '07 was supposed to be magical...Not punishing him for '07 in any piece of my arguement you goof. You are reaching and embarrassing yourself...And your posts don't come off as an intelligent human being to begin with, so run along and play.

Shannon was 5 years removed from glory and had all hometown support...Golden was recruiting against sanctions and 10 years removed from glory years, and hadn't had even a 10 years season in what 7 years? Do I have to break this down further?

Shannon had all of Sofla support and turned that into "we haven't seen a UM coach here in quite some time" at local high schools...Laziest recruiter ever, the man simply despised the process of recruiting. He could have done big things at UM (or at the very least got us to top 10-15) by just showing a PULSE IN ANY ASPECT OF HIS JOB.

Never said '07 was supposed to be magical...Not punishing him for '07 in any piece of my arguement you goof. You are reaching and embarrassing yourself...And your posts don't come off as an intelligent human being to begin with, so run along and play.
Now you wanna sling junior high insults cause you can't best me in a civil manner. Truth hurts don't it?

Randy Shannon is the DC at UCF now. I'm sure have a message board.

Advertisement
Randy Shannon is the DC at UCF now. I'm sure have a message board.
I'm sure have a message board too, but this thread is / was about Shannon, right? And why is Shannon's name still being mentioned by UM fans when the man has been gone a decade now? Why aren't there any threads about the bums before and after Shannon?

I'm sure have a message board too, but this thread is / was about Shannon, right? And why is Shannon's name still being mentioned by UM fans when the man has been gone a decade now? Why aren't there any threads about the bums before and after Shannon?
That's why I suggested the UCF board for people who want to talk about Randy Shannon. He's been gone for a decade. Move on. I know Al Golden is certainly revered here.

Well I'm sure you are going to tell us it's race right?

Advertisement
Well I'm sure you are going to tell us it's race right?
Nah, just telling YOU that Shannon wasn't nowhere near as bad as your god Folden, and didn't have nowhere near the support that our 5 million dollar a year miracle man Mork had. That even up for debate. You have your opinion and that's cool, but let's not ignore the facts. I never said Shannon was the best coach or even a good coach, just saying he wasn't the WORST coach considering what he had to work with. UM wouldn't even give him 400k for a OC yet they had no problem giving Mork 750k for a rb coach? C'mon man!

Nah, just telling YOU that Shannon wasn't nowhere near as bad as your god Folden, and didn't have nowhere near the support that our 5 million dollar a year miracle man Mork had. That even up for debate. You have your opinion and that's cool, but let's not ignore the facts. I never said Shannon was the best coach or even a good coach, just saying he wasn't the WORST coach considering what he had to work with. UM wouldn't even give him 400k for a OC yet they had no problem giving Mork 750k for a rb coach? C'mon man!

I don't like "Folden" either...But shannon was worse.

I don't care how much money they had nor am I defending other coaches...So stop staying that dumb **** as part of your little weak arguement.

Nah, it's nowhere near a fact, you are just wrong here...Fall off from the GREAT years from Coker's poor recruiting and misses (along with UM insisting on being a little more stringent academically than many schools)? Of course...Walking into a perfect situation? No...Walking into a decent situation and by far a better situation than the two coaches after him? It's really not even comparable

UM in 2007 should have been an easy fix, at least back to top 8-10 status if not dominant UM years. Golden, when you factor in sanctions, had a tough task (and definitely failed)...
Sorry man, you’re delusional here. And totally wrong. You are repeating yourself, but with no logic.

The 2004 class was one of the worst recruiting classes ever at a major program, rankings aside. Literally the only solid player in it was C. Campbell, and he left after Randy’s first year. Not one other player in the entire class was a legit UM quality contributor. It blew a 50 cal sized hole through our roster.

The ‘05 and ‘06 classes had no depth and were not good. ‘05 gave us KP, Bruce Johnson and not much else. ‘06 gave us CC, Bosher and Fox. Shields I guess though he did very little at UM. By the time Randy got here, the core of the roster was as rotted out as a house full of termites. Not to mention Country Club Coker destroyed the culture also.

Sorry, it’s no defense of Randy to point out that he inherited a **** from Coker, whether you can admit it to yourself or not. Randy was an awful HC. But to accept that doesn’t require you to lie to yourself about what Coker left him.

Sorry man, you’re delusional here. And totally wrong. You are repeating yourself, but with no logic.

The 2004 class was one of the worst recruiting classes ever at a major program, rankings aside. Literally the only solid player in it was C. Campbell, and he left after Randy’s first year. Not one other player in the entire class was a legit UM quality contributor. It blew a 50 cal sized hole through our roster.

The ‘05 and ‘06 classes had no depth and were not good. ‘05 gave us KP, Bruce Johnson and not much else. ‘06 gave us CC, Bosher and Fox. Shields I guess though he did very little at UM. By the time Randy got here, the core of the roster was as rotted out as a house full of termites. Not to mention Country Club Coker destroyed the culture also.

Sorry, it’s no defense of Randy to point out that he inherited a **** from Coker, whether you can admit it to yourself or not. Randy was an awful HC. But to accept that doesn’t require you to lie to yourself about what Coker left him.
This....the second the last of Butchs kids left after the 04 season, the downward spiral began....and to be honest, the downward recruiting spiral began in 03....

Advertisement

Again I'm not judging Shannon by what he did here his first year or 2. My point about him walking into a decent "situation" is more than about the talent on hand.

And I guess you are leaving Kenny Phillips out, Sharpton out, Spencer Adkins out, etc...As well as serviceable players like Randy Phillips, Reggie Youngblood, etc...out from that '05 class to fit your argument?

This....the second the last of Butchs kids left after the 04 season, the downward spiral began....and to be honest, the downward recruiting spiral began in 03....
The ‘02 class began the wreck under Coker. That was the ryan moore, akeem jolla, jr mounts, wollschlager, pou, guillon, et al class. Our OL and interior DL went down and stayed down. WRs and DBs poorly evaluated. LBs were two guys who never played here. The class had Hester, Winston and Meriweather, but overall, coming off a MNC, it was a program killer. It was also proof that Coker had no idea how to recruit, or who to recruit.

The ‘02 class began the wreck under Coker. That was the ryan moore, akeem jolla, jr mounts, wollschlager, pou, guillon, et al class. Our OL and interior DL went down and stayed down. WRs and DBs poorly evaluated. LBs were two guys who never played here. The class had Hester, Winston and Meriweather, but overall, coming off a MNC, it was a program killer. It was also proof that Coker had no idea how to recruit, or who to recruit.
I watched Ryan in HS here in Orlando....Thought he'd be an AA....

Advertisement
Again I'm not judging Shannon by what he did here his first year or 2. My point about him walking into a decent "situation" is more than about the talent on hand.

And I guess you are leaving Kenny Phillips out, Sharpton out, Spencer Adkins out, etc...As well as serviceable players like Randy Phillips, Reggie Youngblood, etc...out from that '05 class to fit your argument?
You are just fantastically wrong about the roster talent Shannon inherited. Coker’s recruiting was awful in the years before Randy got hired.

Randy phillips, Reggie Youngblood and Spencer Adkins are what you have to your argument? I rest my case.

You are just fantastically wrong about the roster talent Shannon inherited. Coker’s recruiting was awful in the years before Randy got hired.

Randy phillips, Reggie Youngblood and Spencer Adkins are what you have to your argument? I rest my case.

You leave the others out huh?

And again you are missing the whole point of my arguement.

Advertisement
Back