Randy Shannon " 2 " Canes Elite...

You leave the others out huh?

And again you are missing the whole point of my arguement.
I specifically mentioned KP in my post, which you apparently didnt bother read. Sharpton? That's your argument?

Coker left a train wreck. You are just so clearly wrong to dispute it. Wow.

Advertisement
This is silly and akin to arguing that, "waking up next to a 250 pound behemoth (after a night of cheap tequila) was a markedly superior feat than your friend sleeping with her 300 pound sister." Both chicks are obese and should not have been touched! Period!

Numerous people said that Shannon was a 9 to 5 employee. He simply was not willing to work hundred hour weeks.

Golden was terrible as well. Equally bad. Am still not sure why Golden did not fire D'Onofrio after his second year at UM. In retrospect, it does appear that Golden produced more NFL players than Shannon did.

Richt did better than all of them in 2017 and completely regressed last year. His refusal to hire an innovative OC was his demise.

I specifically mentioned KP in my post, which you apparently didnt bother read. Sharpton? That's your argument?

Coker left a train wreck. You are just so clearly wrong to dispute it. Wow.

I apologize for missing KP in the original post, did not see that.

Talent down, but easily fixable. Which is why I'm not basing any single arguement I have against Randy Shannon as a coach OR recruiter based on his 1st 1-2 year records at the helm.

I apologize for missing KP in the original post, did not see that.

Talent down, but easily fixable. Which is why I'm not basing any single arguement I have against Randy Shannon as a coach OR recruiter based on his 1st 1-2 year records at the helm.
Fixable? I guess anything is fixable. Coker left a carcass. Three straight years of terrible recruiting, including the WOAT class ever at Miami.

Ramdy was terrible as a Hc, and he didn’t fix it. But Randy being a bad Hc doesn't absolve Coker for his failures. Comer is the one who destroyed the program. He actually injeroted a title team. He handed Randy a mess.

Fixable? I guess anything is fixable. Coker left a carcass. Three straight years of terrible recruiting, including the WOAT class ever at Miami.

Ramdy was terrible as a Hc, and he didn’t fix it. But Randy being a bad Hc doesn't absolve Coker for his failures. Comer is the one who destroyed the program. He actually injeroted a title team. He handed Randy a mess.

While I agree Coker shouldn't be absolved, the convo wasn't about him in the 1st place...the team was one year away from b2b 9 win seasons, 3 years away from double digit win seasons, and 5 years removed from playing for a ship. The man had no sanctions to deal with and as much fanbase and HS support as any UM coach has had ever (hence the MNW 2008 Miami recruiting class)

Advertisement
Exactly. Here’s the y stars matter:

I’m just going to compare our classes v. Bama’s since 07 (since we wanna always talk about our 08 class):

Shannon & Saban took over in 2007 (y we didn’t hire Saban is beyond me)

Saban’s first class (2007: ranked 12th
avg .8781)
Shannon’s first class (2007: ranked 13th
avg .8890)

Saban’s 2nd class (2008: ranked 3rd
avg .9120)
Shannon’s 2nd class (2008: ranked 1st
avg .8934)

Saban’s 3rd class (2009: ranked 3rd
avg .9130)
Shannon’s 3rd class (2009: ranked 16th
avg .8948)

Saban’s 4th class (2010: ranked 4th
avg .8995)
Shannon’s 4th & last (2010: ranked 14th
avg .8748)

Saban’s first 4 class avg class ranked 5th and avg recruit ranked .9005 (avg 4 star-blue chip class)

Shannon’s first 4 classes avg class ranked 11th and avg recruit ranked .8888 (avg 3 star class)

Results? Bama won 2 National Championships w/in his 1st 4 yrs (2007-2011)

Miami....stuck in mediocre ****.

Did Saban have ANY interest in the job at all?

I always felt he would not have given up on the pros unless it was a Bama type situation.

High salary, HUGE resource pool, autonomous authority, and so on.

I thought we ended up with the bum coaches because admin wouldn’t open the check book.

I know his dad coached here, but I have a hard time believing we had any shot at him after he took the LSU job.

Why would he stay in Miami after hosing the Dolphins?

Its because people want to be able to use it as an excuse "why rankings don't matter". They want to be able to point to that class and say "SEE RANKINGS MEAN NOTHING". Then when you poke holes in their theory they don't want to hear it because they know they have nothing else to fall back on.

Rankings matter to be a national contender according to the numbers.

But they mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to be a Coastal contender.

Butch Davis and Urban Meyer ain’t walking through the door. I will settle for the players we signed being properly used and developed at this point.

It’s a miracle we get any blue chippers at all with the way our teams have been mismanaged.

Why would a blue chip player want to come here to lose the coastal to less talented teams?

This program has a **** load to prove to recruits and rightfully so.

It’s like a guy who can’t make ends meet with a $100,000 a year salary complaining no one will hire him to be their budget planner.

I try to stay positive because thats what a true die hard does. But we got to get rid of all these under cover be sec fans. I mean just block them. A cane isn't blue & orange it's green baby.

Exactly. Here’s the y stars matter:

I’m just going to compare our classes v. Bama’s since 07 (since we wanna always talk about our 08 class):

Shannon & Saban took over in 2007 (y we didn’t hire Saban is beyond me)

Saban’s first class (2007: ranked 12th
avg .8781)
Shannon’s first class (2007: ranked 13th
avg .8890)

Saban’s 2nd class (2008: ranked 3rd
avg .9120)
Shannon’s 2nd class (2008: ranked 1st
avg .8934)

Saban’s 3rd class (2009: ranked 3rd
avg .9130)
Shannon’s 3rd class (2009: ranked 16th
avg .8948)

Saban’s 4th class (2010: ranked 4th
avg .8995)
Shannon’s 4th & last (2010: ranked 14th
avg .8748)

Saban’s first 4 class avg class ranked 5th and avg recruit ranked .9005 (avg 4 star-blue chip class)

Shannon’s first 4 classes avg class ranked 11th and avg recruit ranked .8888 (avg 3 star class)

Results? Bama won 2 National Championships w/in his 1st 4 yrs (2007-2011)

Miami....stuck in mediocre ****.

Bama won two national titles with the FIFTH ranked class over that time period.

Without a superstar quarterback.

Coaching is more important than talent.

Advertisement
What gives me hope after reviewing the old recruiting classes is how much better we can get if we just recruit guys who can contribute. When 80% of your class are non contributors, the program tanks. If we find decent guys and get a few recruiting wins and a few great evals, we can trend up fast.

THIS!

Hahaa so right but RS what if stung the most. We still enjoyed some form of success after the previous what ifs. It feels like that era was a make or break era for us.

Shannon’s list of what if’s is long as the Nile.

What if he mixed up the man 2 defense.

What if he was more confident and personable.

What if he didn’t alienate south Florida high schools.

You could go all day.

Shannon’s list of what if’s is long as the Nile.

What if he mixed up the man 2 defense.

What if he was more confident and personable.

What if he didn’t alienate south Florida high schools.

You could go all day.

I agree with all of those but I disagree with alienating south Florida schools. We can go back to Butch and during that time coaches would complain that he didn’t go to south Florida schools. Coaches get vocal if they feel they have a talented kid and they get overlooked. However, RS issues stemmed from being a 1st time HC at Miami. Become seasoned on the mid major or FCS level not at Miami l.

I agree with all of those but I disagree with alienating south Florida schools. We can go back to Butch and during that time coaches would complain that he didn’t go to south Florida schools. Coaches get vocal if they feel they have a talented kid and they get overlooked. However, RS issues stemmed from being a 1st time HC at Miami. Become seasoned on the mid major or FCS level not at Miami l.

Yep. Miami ain’t the place to cut your teeth at. I liked Shannon and wanted him to succeed in. His lack of adjustment with the defense once ocs started attacking it creatively was a big red flag to me when he got promoted he showed us for years he was stubborn and it was his undoing in the end.

This was the reason. I was meh on the Diaz hire. I wanted to let Butch build it up for 4-5 years and let Manny takeover if he was good at Temple.

But Manny is flexible, analytical, and tries to stay ahead of trends. These qualities help coordinators succeed when taking a big time job as a rookie head coach.

I think he is the type of guy who can pull it off based on the way he has handled things so far.

Advertisement
Did Saban have ANY interest in the job at all?

I always felt he would not have given up on the pros unless it was a Bama type situation.

High salary, HUGE resource pool, autonomous authority, and so on.

I thought we ended up with the bum coaches because admin wouldn’t open the check book.

I know his dad coached here, but I have a hard time believing we had any shot at him after he took the LSU job.

Why would he stay in Miami after hosing the Dolphins?

Honestly; I’m not sure of his interest. The better ? would be did we 1st attempt to gage his interest. For that, I believe that’s a resounding no, due to ur point

Rankings matter to be a national contender according to the numbers.

But they mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to be a Coastal contender.

Butch Davis and Urban Meyer ain’t walking through the door. I will settle for the players we signed being properly used and developed at this point.

It’s a miracle we get any blue chippers at all with the way our teams have been mismanaged.

Why would a blue chip player want to come here to lose the coastal to less talented teams?

This program has a **** load to prove to recruits and rightfully so.

It’s like a guy who can’t make ends meet with a $100,000 a year salary complaining no one will hire him to be their budget planner.

Rankings will help us win the coastal though. If we didn't have the highest ranked class 2 years ago we would have had no chance of winning the coastal.

I agree wtih the rest of your points though.

Yep. Miami ain’t the place to cut your teeth at. I liked Shannon and wanted him to succeed in. His lack of adjustment with the defense once ocs started attacking it creatively was a big red flag to me when he got promoted he showed us for years he was stubborn and it was his undoing in the end.

This was the reason. I was meh on the Diaz hire. I wanted to let Butch build it up for 4-5 years and let Manny takeover if he was good at Temple.

But Manny is flexible, analytical, and tries to stay ahead of trends. These qualities help coordinators succeed when taking a big time job as a rookie head coach.

I think he is the type of guy who can pull it off based on the way he has handled things so far.

I agree with everything you said. Too be honest, I really don’t know what to expect with Manny. However, I just want him to succeed. After what UM been through that’s all I’m doing. Rooting for Manny to succeed. I mean RS was a new HC but he was ready and failed. I never liked Golden hire but he supposedly had experience and failed here. Then I thought the MR hire was just what we needed; a successful HC but he burnt out. So I just don’t know now but I’m rooting for Manny. Plus it doesn’t help that college football evolved so quickly in the past decade. I think that also created an obstacle for UM during the last decade.

Advertisement
Evals have been horendous here and we used to be the best at it and second best used to be so far behind us. Whwn Butch left that was it our evals were awful
It wasn't the ovals bro..look who butch had on his staff bro. I mean really you can knock on coker and I'm all for it, but randy, no way. All I want you to do is type who was on randy's
Sideline and type who was on Butch's dude that class was #1 even with the lost of Bryce brown. The #1recruit in the country, **** randy had him to. And if it wasn't for bad advice trying to seek the bagman, he's coming to
Miami. So enough about evaluating and randy he sucked at hc but not as
A recruiter or defensive coordinator. **** how you think Florida gators got back on the map randy.

It wasn't the ovals bro..look who butch had on his staff bro. I mean really you can knock on coker and I'm all for it, but randy, no way. All I want you to do is type who was on randy's
Sideline and type who was on Butch's dude that class was #1 even with the lost of Bryce brown. The #1recruit in the country, **** randy had him to. And if it wasn't for bad advice trying to seek the bagman, he's coming to
Miami. So enough about evaluating and randy he sucked at hc but not as
A recruiter or defensive coordinator. **** how you think Florida gators got back on the map randy.
Butch and Saban could not coach that 08 class into the first round lets be serious they may not even target some, I know we all love them cause they stood home but lets get real. And the reason Randy landed the number 1 recruit is because Miami was still close to Miamis great years and we still had that aura

Folden is the worst coach ever and it's not even close as long as you don't make it about race. Mork ain't too far behind him. How you can even bring up Shannon's game against Wisky after Wisky just anal raped Mork 2 straight seasons is beyond me...?
golden was the worst!! dude.. the man hired ice Harris hoping to get recruits and still didn't get any. Golden took a scholarship away from
A btw player ice talks about it and the dude caves in. I mean the worst!!
No ties to Florida period all he recruited was new new Jerseys worst. And the defensive coordinator
He brought in ruined those guys college careers. Manny had Chad Thomas for one year and the guy looked like a beast. Dnd the guys he had Duke Chad patches they were all
Five stars and they were coming no matter what.

Butch and Saban could not coach that 08 class into the first round lets be serious they may not even target some, I know we all love them cause they stood home but lets get real. And the reason Randy landed the number 1 recruit is because Miami was still close to Miamis great years and we still had that aura
That class probably would have been better than all Saban's classes. You guys need to really go do your homework put that class in Alabama
History.

Advertisement
Back