Randy Melvin

He has trend. it seems like every 2 years in college he gets a NFL job after this season he might get another one according to his job trend

Advertisement
We all these hires, it only solidifies that if we suck it's Goldens fault and we fire everyone. Simple really. I'll trust the "process" alright. The one that will get you **** canned if you fail again

I'm glad he made the hire. The new coach is only going to retain a minimal number of coaches so I'd prefer that golden have as many guys as possible that I could not care less about.

Advertisement
Just listening to this video is a frightening because the players clearly felt that Jethro Franklin coming in to Temple was an upgrade to the coaching they received from Randy Melvin. The thing that makes me feel it is just player pumping up coach speak is because the first few kids used examples of where they are learning things they didn't even know. When considering that we ran all wanted Jethro run out of town for poor coaching of the dline, we have instead jumped out of the pan into the fire with the hiring of Melvin.

[video=youtube;HloserQ4-zc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HloserQ4-zc[/video]

Last edited:
He got fierd from a few teams so what that dose not make him a bad coach, guys get fierd left and right in the NFL even the great butch davis got fierd, give the man a chance he only got one year anyway.
He got fired from a team that won the super bowl. I don't know if that's ever happened in the nfl. He sucked so bad that bellichick thought nothing of it to fire him after winning it all.

We call that the Trent Dilfer effect

Not for nothing but I heard this dude is crazy nasty during practice and his guys are always amped up and play hard for him

Idk. Legit NFL experience. Failed at Cleveland and Tampa but who the **** doesnt? He has a ring with the Pats.

I was fearing we'd get just another recruiter with no legit experience

I'm not mad at this hire. But I just don't get how you don't hire Kevin Patrick?

Maybe this Melvin guy knows the D Golden runs?

Idk. Why do I even give a **** anymore

Agree with this. I am willing to the give the guy a chance. Of course KP was the obvious choice. But besides Josh Newburg and this board, I haven't heard anyone say he was actually interested. (media wise. And no, I don't consider JN a good source for **** like this.)

Still go back to my original comment..Why was everyone onboard with the KB hire for WR coach (no legit coaching exp. wasn't even a HC in HS. We ASSUME he will be good at recruiting) but we hate this guy?

(I will say, Franchise didn't like the KB hire and got blasted for it.)

Advertisement
Al Golden has 10 months left here.

Of course he was going to give one of his unemployed buddies a job.

Why would you go out and hire a great coach like Kevin Patrick with Miami ties?

He isn't a Golden yes man.

my advice to Randy Melvin… Rent.

How is this guy any different than Jethro who was despised by everyone?

Good question. Jethro was a horrible recruiter. But ****, the **** just got a big promotion to the big leagues so he must be respected in the circles that REALLY matter. What we think on this board doesn't mean **** as evidenced by his hire by the Raiders.

Clearly its the scheme. Maybe this guy is better at teaching the fine nuances of the 3-4 frog stance or something. People keep talking about how he keeps getting fired from everywhere he has been..but no one is mentioning how he KEEPS GETTING HIRED. Esp being a brotha. You usually only get one or two shots at makin it. This guy has gotten a lot. So he must have some knowledge.

I guess I am willing to take the wait and see approach.

Supposedly the new DL coach…per ferman

What's the psychoanalysis on Coach Melvin?? Check him out at the start of this interview??

[video=youtube;9fajKqg1up4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fajKqg1up4[/video]

This might be the most uninspiring interview I've ever seen. LOL. Rooting for this guy to get some production out of the dline, but still...this interview is pure gold...at least I got a good laugh this morning

Advertisement
not defending the guy but in '01 the Pat's had 41 sacks, up from 29 sacks in '00..

Belichick or Crennel must have really hated the guy

He got fierd from a few teams so what that dose not make him a bad coach, guys get fierd left and right in the NFL even the great butch davis got fierd, give the man a chance he only got one year anyway.
He got fired from a team that won the super bowl. I don't know if that's ever happened in the nfl. He sucked so bad that bellichick thought nothing of it to fire him after winning it all.

according to his interview he was impressed with the Physique of his players at FIU..

Who gives a **** what the kid's body looks like, can the kid play is what's most important.. Warren Sapp & Vince Wilfork aren't pretty to look at but they can Play..

Typical Golden guy

Advertisement
He sounds more like Greg Schiano's buddy than Golden's. Schiano hired this guy 3 separate times.

I spoke with 2 Guys Who Played DT for this Guy at Rutgers. One Who was on the Team his first stint at RU 02-04 and Another who was there in 2010.

Basically they said what has been talked about already...

He's Really good INTRSUCTOR..... He and Schiano we're a good tandem. BUT.....

Couldn't recruit worth a ****..

Just to reiterate what has already been spoken in this thread by 2 Former Players

JC

So Kevin Patrick, who's the better coach and recruiter, wouldn't have helped Golden win games?

lolz

He wouldn't? Why not? Not sure I follow that logic either.

I honestly don't know who is the better coach and to be honest any guy on this site who says otherwise is likely full of themselves so why would you listen to such irrational verbal jabs? because its repeated its true?

Seems like most of the people who get paid to have opinions about him don't share the same opinion as the posters on this site.

I was personally hoping somebody would actually bring to the table an actual discussions about the dude and not another rant about Golden.

There have been some interesting points about the number of jobs he has held and also about the kids he has developed. The fact that he worked at Temple for one year. Thats not a very long time and why did he leave? There is no doubt he has experience and has been around some great football minds in his history. Maybe talking some chit like that would be engaging for a change.

I have heard tons of posts about how Jethro was a Golden boy who couldn't develop or recruit himself, but then the **** Raiders pick him up. Which is confusing to me after reading all the oh so confident opinions on this site about him. Wouldnt they have people in the know at least up to the same knowledge as people on this site (sarcastic)?

I mean WTF there is really a huge contingent of people on this site who basically use this forum as a shrink, as a place to come get there anger out and I am for it, **** Miami fans could really use an outlet right now, but couldn't we just setup a shrink forum so those guys don't lose their outlet and there wives and kids will remain safe and then we could have some other boards where people actually try and get some useful info about the team.

The guy could be named Jesus who'd resurrect the program and the same morons here would find a reason to ***** about it.

The guy has tons of experience, unlike Kevin Beard who people are slobbering over, and he's automatically hated or frowned at as a hire.

Oh no, he knew Alfraud from zTemple. He's know a lot of coaches from everywhere, some good and some bad.

But, but, but....we wanted Patrick and he wanted to be here. Oh, he did? Do you care to provide any proof of that? It's about as smart as people *****ing that we didn't contact Lamar Thomas when in both cases nobody knows who we contacted.

Jamie N makes a comment about Patrick, sounds like an opinion more than anything else.

7.5 pages of people *****ing and half a page of stuff about the guy. Man, what a waste.

Really? The NFL is a community just like corporate America, a good Ol' Boys Network.. Jethro worked with Del Rio & Norton at USC, and he may very well be a decent coach, but under Golden his group was underwhelming

So Kevin Patrick, who's the better coach and recruiter, wouldn't have helped Golden win games?

lolz

He wouldn't? Why not? Not sure I follow that logic either.

I honestly don't know who is the better coach and to be honest any guy on this site who says otherwise is likely full of themselves so why would you listen to such irrational verbal jabs? because its repeated its true?

Seems like most of the people who get paid to have opinions about him don't share the same opinion as the posters on this site.

I was personally hoping somebody would actually bring to the table an actual discussions about the dude and not another rant about Golden.

There have been some interesting points about the number of jobs he has held and also about the kids he has developed. The fact that he worked at Temple for one year. Thats not a very long time and why did he leave? There is no doubt he has experience and has been around some great football minds in his history. Maybe talking some chit like that would be engaging for a change.

I have heard tons of posts about how Jethro was a Golden boy who couldn't develop or recruit himself, but then the **** Raiders pick him up. Which is confusing to me after reading all the oh so confident opinions on this site about him. Wouldnt they have people in the know at least up to the same knowledge as people on this site (sarcastic)?

I mean WTF there is really a huge contingent of people on this site who basically use this forum as a shrink, as a place to come get there anger out and I am for it, **** Miami fans could really use an outlet right now, but couldn't we just setup a shrink forum so those guys don't lose their outlet and there wives and kids will remain safe and then we could have some other boards where people actually try and get some useful info about the team.

Advertisement
Back