Randy let Luther Robinson start 2 games even though

Advertisement
Travis Benjamin used to outrep Luther on the bench IIRC.

Benji was at 13 reps of 225 while Luther was at 12 or something like that. Benji weighed 174 pounds. Very sade.

But **** this kid is throwing it up 31 times now. Its never been a question of talent with this kid. Its always been effort.

31 reps is NFL elite type ****.

At least he can just fill a gap.........I mean he's been useless for so long. At least we can just throw him in there as an enforcer.

Last edited:
It's funny because Randy used to preach about how we were the best conditioned team in America.

I guess he thought that practicing in extreme heat was enough compared with everyone else.
Yeah, but the conditioning went downhill once thunderstorms were invented.

Glad the kid is finally putting in the work to get in shape, hopefully it translates to the field. The only thing I will blame RS for is recruiting so poorly that you have to put a kid in the game that clearly wasn't ready for D1 football.

Advertisement
If you think Robinson was going to give you the best chance to win, youve got to play him - even if he didnt pass his conditioning test. I cant knock Shannon for this.

This is an example of good coaching. When coaches take kids who we all previously thought would just be stealing a scholarship, and suddenly they're contributing.

Seriously, was this more an indictment on Luther or Shannon?

In defense of Robinson, he wasn't the adult, here

How about both? I'm not a huge fan of absolving guys of responsibility just because the coaching failed. Conditions allowed a lot of these guys to be lazy but that doesnt mean they had to be lazy. Robinson has been a seldom-used player here--it's certainly on him in part that he allowed himself to be soft despite languishing on the pine.

This whole idea of guys doing a bunch of nothing until they become draft-eligible is why I couldnt stand guys like Tyrone Moss. I'm personally not turning a blind eye to that just because the coaching changed. I'm sure Robinson's not so clueless that he didnt understand that better offseason work would help him play.

This. The whole notion of playing football in Div.I should have prompted him and all other slackers to WANT to be better. If you want to stay fat and lazy, we'll do so. If you want to lift, run, condition and so on, then that is available without coaching.

Advertisement
Who did Miami have at the DT rotation in 2010? Maybe that would 'splain why Luther got PT. DT had never been a deep position the past few seasons and maybe the thinking was that they needed bodies on the field.

Doesn't excuse the failing of the test, however it may explain why he played.

it will take time but i firmly believe that Golden is gonna build a finely tuned machine here... his demeanor reminds me of a young Bill Parcells in the way he carries himself sometimes, very detailed, very much knows how to execute that detailed plan so far and demands that his guys buy in from the top down, boss style, not saying he is tuna, but his mannerisms are similar at times, its kind of odd....

with the coaches he has assembled and the gold mine that is the state of Miami recruiting area, all you have to do is own the city of Miami and develop the players and good things will happen, there are BY FAR more players in the NFL from the city of Miami than any other city in the nation.....the future will be good to the U again, everything is cyclical in life, UM is on the ascent....

All I really want from our DT's is to not get pushed around, plug the middle, and not let blockers get through to the LB's. If they can at least start out solid like that, then maybe one of them can emerge as a disruptive force blowing stuff up in the backfield.

Advertisement
Who did Miami have at the DT rotation in 2010? Maybe that would 'splain why Luther got PT. DT had never been a deep position the past few seasons and maybe the thinking was that they needed bodies on the field.

Doesn't excuse the failing of the test, however it may explain why he played.

If I remembered correctly, we only had 4/5 at the time... It was Forston, Porter, Lewis, Smith and Bailey... Bailey started at DE and sometimes moved inside, Lewis was hurt against Famu and Porter was hurt against OSU... To be fair Golden did the same thing with Grimble, King and in some cases Darius Smith last year due to injuries... Those guys was not physically ready but they was forced into action due to injuries... I mean just like Bailey was sliding inside, Golden did the same with Ojomo...

This is an example of good coaching. When coaches take kids who we all previously thought would just be stealing a scholarship, and suddenly they're contributing.

UM had a lot of guys 'stealing' during the Coker-Shannon regimes.

I saw a Raising Canes video from last year on Eduard Clements, where he admitted that he was headed down that road to 'Bolivian

Advertisement
Corch would have definitely had conditioning tests, if we just had a practice bubble. Itz dem dam rain stormz fellas.

As long as the players don't have to walk to far in their cleats to the bubble. Have you ever walked that far in cleats?

As long as the players don't have to walk to far in their cleats to the bubble. Have you ever walked that far in cleats?

Back in the dayz they woulda needed floaties to get through Yaron coming from duh freshmen dormz. Demn chartwells waffles dont makes you to0 bouyant ya know. Nowz I think bout it, we gon need a bubble and some airboats if we gon do conditioning..

461400.jpg

Advertisement
Back