Randrecous Davis decommitted UGA chosing Miami or USCe

So what happens with the kids we have at WR right now? They get fazed out? (Berrios, Langham, Brady, etc)

Brady transferring...and Langham will never play here..Berrios gonna get PT....DOnt think Bruce pushes him out just yet

I disagree bruce is way more explosive than berrios i can see him getting pushed out

I dont think so I do agree that after the catch Bruce is much better the Berrios....Berrios doesnt have Bruces instincts.. But Berrios always creates separation...I think he is more explosive than Bruce. go look at his SPARQ numbers all thought they dont always translate to the field.I think his Knee injuries two years in a row has hampered him...I do think Bruce is the better overall football player though

Last edited:
Advertisement
1.Sam Bruce
2. Ahmmon Richards
3. Dionte Mullins
4. Latrell Williams
5. Randrecous Davis

(Dredrick Snelson)?

Nobody will get pushed out, don't forget how bad injuries have hurt the team down the stretch. With Kayaa at QB the worst thing possible is not having any weapons to throw to. Previous staff left the stock bare at WR, RB, and you don't win with being 1 injured player away from disaster

Advertisement
So what happens with the kids we have at WR right now? They get fazed out? (Berrios, Langham, Brady, etc)

Brady transferred out.

Also Langham can essentially be written out of the picture. Not that you take his scholly or anything but he would be relegated to special teams and garbage time play. I think if you could get that list of 6 you absolutely take it. WR depth for days at a position that is not deep at all right now. Think about Snelson as a bonus. Anytime you can get a 4 star/low 3 star as a project player you know you're in good shape. That's some Bama S*** right there. Do I expect all 6? Not at all. But I can sure hope.

Advertisement
Have we ever had such an influx of talent at WR in one class?

The year? 2008.

The receivers? Aldarius Johnson, Travis Benjamin, Davon Johnson, Tommy Streeter, LaRon Byrd, Thearon Collier, Kendall Thompkins.

The result? Pure disaster.

That was part of that #1 class according to ESPN in 2008. I think a haul of:

Ahmmon Richards
Sam Bruce
Dionte Mullins
Latrell Williams
One of CousCous, Wims, Stove

Might have that other group beat, though. Hopefully with a competent staff they turn out better than the other group.

Disaster?That actually was a good group. The problem was the staff. Streeter and Benjamin are still in the league and Byrd walked on and had a few years. Thompkins never should have been offered. Aldarious was supposed to be Michael Irvin but was a bust. Collier had a good year and transferred. D. Johnson helped us in his senior year. I'd take that class minus Thompkins with our current staff any day The real disappointment was Aldarious Johnson.

Have we ever had such an influx of talent at WR in one class?

The year? 2008.

The receivers? Aldarius Johnson, Travis Benjamin, Davon Johnson, Tommy Streeter, LaRon Byrd, Thearon Collier, Kendall Thompkins.

The result? Pure disaster.

That was part of that #1 class according to ESPN in 2008. I think a haul of:

Ahmmon Richards
Sam Bruce
Dionte Mullins
Latrell Williams
One of CousCous, Wims, Stove

Might have that other group beat, though. Hopefully with a competent staff they turn out better than the other group.

Disaster?That actually was a good group. The problem was the staff. Streeter and Benjamin are still in the league and Byrd walked on and had a few years. Thompkins never should have been offered. Aldarious was supposed to be Michael Irvin but was a bust. Collier had a good year and transferred. D. Johnson helped us in his senior year. I'd take that class minus Thompkins with our current staff any day The real disappointment was Aldarious Johnson.

Streeter is what?

[HUDL]athlete/1707621/highlights/294883412[/HUDL]

Seems like an Anquan Boldin type receiver to me............really like this kid. Boldin is the type of receiver every team needs too (Baltimore can probably thank him more than any other player for their last Superbowl based on performance for the entire playoffs). Seems very explosive off the line as well. Hope we get him.

Brady transferring...and Langham will never play here..Berrios gonna get PT....DOnt think Bruce pushes him out just yet

I disagree bruce is way more explosive than berrios i can see him getting pushed out
Bruce is better than Berrios but don't discount the chemistry Kaaya and Berrios have. Berrios should have a nice year is he can stay healthy. Berrios isn't the talent Bruce is but I expect him to have a good bounce back season.

Advertisement
People are forgetting berrios came off an acl injury and Coley didn't utilize him properly.
Berrios and Bruce will fit perfectly into richts fast break offense

Totally forgot about the name Aldarius Johnson and the hype that surrounded him. That's how mediocre he was; a shame.

don't care about WR. Need help on both sides of the trenches. Want Richt to get some big ugly's way way more than WR.

Advertisement

I dont think so I do agree that after the catch Bruce is much better the Berrios....Berrios doesnt have Bruces instincts.. But Berrios always creates separation...I think he is more explosive than Bruce. go look at his SPARQ numbers all thought they dont always translate to the field.I think his Knee injuries two years in a row has hampered him...I do think Bruce is the better overall football player though

knee injuries and he looked bloated. i think if healthy and in right shape, he can be productive.

Berrios is a Patriots type wide receiver. Small and quick with good hands, but more importantly he seems to run excellent routes. A QB can trust him to be where he is supposed to be.

Berrios is a Patriots type wide receiver. Small and quick with good hands, but more importantly he seems to run excellent routes. A QB can trust him to be where he is supposed to be.

I want berrios to succeed but I am not a believer. so far he has been injured the last three years including high school. I think he is to muscle bound or something and as a result gets injured too easily.

don't care about WR. Need help on both sides of the trenches. Want Richt to get some big ugly's way way more than WR.

it's all about depth

he'll pull one or two of each, but remember we took in 5 OL last year

first priority is depth and numbers, then i'm sure once he's had more than a month on the job he'll be able to look into quantity and get studs in 2017

Advertisement
Back