Rambo to Miami!!!!!

I don’t agree with your conclusion, but I appreciate the effort of laying out your argument. I wonder what your analysis would look like if you examined his best year in OU with Hurts.
I only saw the highlights of that year. I saw a guy with the speed to get vertical and certainly in the highlights he made some acrobatic catches. Didn't see anything else really which is the point I (and @DMoney) am making.

Hopefully the simple route concepts were due to covid. I think there will be tweaks. We can’t survive off of 50/50 ball. I want to see some mesh concepts and diversify the run scheme.
Yeah I think Lashlee is a good play designer. I just hope his offense adds more layers beyond the foundation of zone/duo, wide alignment verts and those 2-man route concepts to unbalanced boundary. Like you said shallow and deep crossers, rub routes, orbit motion, variety of gap schemes...those are the type of things you see from the elite offenses. You have to use formation, alignment and motion to help your receivers get open vs man coverage. Can't just line up and out-athlete teams with subpar WRs.

Advertisement
200 (5).gif

I forgot about this. We're gonna be great!
The combo of Rambo & Harley will be an upgrade from last year.

If we can get a guy like Keyshawn Smith developed & on the field regularly we could have an even better passing attack than we've seen.

The key will be to have real competition in Spring & Fall, this staff has to get out of shoo-in starters & playing guys who consistently underperform & never being held accountable for it.

We have plenty of WR's this year, no reason to play Wiggins & Pope all year despite their drops.

Advertisement
Saw that earlier this week but I think it’s overlooking Harley , who’s proven to avg 100+yds a game the past 6 games. Will be pleasantly surprised to see Rambo just step up and produce at that level

I would not call king/Harley as a top tandem. You don’t have a top tandem with a WR3 type of guy.

Advertisement

If we can get a guy like Keyshawn Smith developed & on the field regularly we could have an even better passing attack than we've seen.

The key will be to have real competition in Spring & Fall, this staff has to get out of shoo-in starters & playing guys who consistently underperform & never being held accountable for it.

We have plenty of WR's this year, no reason to play Wiggins & Pope all year despite their drops.
What does "this staff" mean at this point? There are only three people from the original staff left. Three guys whose positions actually perform with Patke, Hickson and Field. If we see the same people playing that would be two different staffs making these decisions.. No reason for Likens/Lashlee to continue to play Pope and Wiggins(two guys they didn't recruit) other than they continue to be better options than the guys behind them for whatever reason. Likens has a track record of developing guys too. The young WRs got Covid and didn't get a spring. Up to them to supplant the guys ahead of them. No excuses. I mean we've been hearing about Payton for multiple years.

I don't think Rambo will be our leading receiver. I think it'll be Harley and idk if it'll be particularly close. We'll see.

Rambo is like Pope if Pope was decent. I feel he'll fill that role nicely and kick a guy like Pope into a secondary slot role. Still need to find that guy to fill Wiggins role. I guess Smith or Redding.

Last edited:
Advertisement

It's quite possible that Harley leaves as UM's all time leader in receiving yards. He's only 932 yards behind Santana Moss.

Yes, I know. He's got the advantage of having an extra season of eligibility. Still, it's an impressive feat.

Edit: He's even more likely to pass Reggie Wayne for the all time receptions record. He only needs 48 catches.

Advertisement
I don't think Rambo will be our leading receiver. I think it'll be Harley and idk if it'll be particularly close. We'll see.

Rambo is like Pope if Pope was decent. I feel he'll fill that role nicely and kick a guy like Pope into a secondary slot role. Still need to find that guy to fill Wiggins role. I guess Smith or Redding.
I could care less as long as we see receivers attacking the ball unlike last year.

Advertisement
Back