Rambo / Bowl Game

Man cut it out . You’re sitting here saying there’s no difference between Rambo, who when he first came here had only what, one full season on tape (?) and something still to prove to scouts, him skipping a spring scrimmage and half a mediocre season is the same as skipping a meaningless bowl game at the end of the season ? A season in which he put a great year on tape and is headed to the NFL in months ?
I don't like the idea of kids sitting out the bowl game, but in this case where we are lucky to have a staff for the game, I have no problem with it.

Melvin gave a knee, Willis gave a knee, and Coop gave a knee. I'd rather wish Rambo well and hope he does great things for him and his family.

Advertisement
Fortunately for us though it means more reps for the youngens
K. Smith and Brinson.
Drew Barrymore Goosebumps GIF by CBS

You know, I like Cristobal’s approach to the portal, looking for guys w/ longer eligibility. I was sitting here thinking how I feel a little used by Rambo, Phillips, and Roche. We gave these guys a spot light to rehabilitate their careers & they skip out on a bowl game to help the school that helped them. Now why am I bothered by this?

We’ve been calling these bowl games “meaningless”, & that’s the exact opposite. No, it’s not a National Title, but Ppl, we’ve been bleeding $ not winning these bowl games.

I’m attaching this interesting article:

You know, I like Cristobal’s approach to the portal, looking for guys w/ longer eligibility. I was sitting here thinking how I feel a little used by Rambo, Phillips, and Roche. We gave these guys a spot light to rehabilitate their careers & they skip out on a bowl game to help the school that helped them. Now why am I bothered by this?

We’ve been calling these bowl games “meaningless”, & that’s the exact opposite. No, it’s not a National Title, but Ppl, we’ve been bleeding $ not winning these bowl games.

I’m attaching this interesting article:

Relly... please let me read the article a couple more times before you give us an exam on those numbers.

Advertisement
Relly... please let me read the article a couple more times before you give us an exam on those numbers.

Bro, imma just put it like this:

This yrs’ bowl game we play is a $4.5m purse
Last yr’s bowl payout was $6.1m (Cheez It)
2019 Bowl payout was $2.2m (Independence)
2018 Bowl payout was $4.3m (Pinstripe)
Since we were part of a NY6 bowl in 2017, we were part of the revenue pool.

So just looking from 2018-20, that was $12.6m of revenue from lost bowl games. That revenue would be shared among the 14 members of the ACC, so u’re talking about an add’l, minimum, of $900k in 3 yrs LOST b/c we didn’t win a “meaningless” bowl game. Lord knows how much revenue we’ve lost from 2007-2020! Furthermore, this is y I’ve been harping on getting to NY6 bowl games. It’s a huge deal, revenue wise.

So yeah, I’m feeling a little cheated when a Portal kid comes here for a season, we help their draft stock, then they skips out on us to help us put money towards the school.

So just looking from 2018-20, that was $12.6m of revenue from lost bowl games. That revenue would be shared among the 14 members of the ACC, so u’re talking about an add’l, minimum, of $900k in 3 yrs LOST b/c we didn’t win a “meaningless” bowl game. Lord knows how much revenue we’ve lost from 2007-2020! Furthermore, this is y I’ve been harping on getting to NY6 bowl games. It’s a huge deal, revenue wise.

So yeah, I’m feeling a little cheated when a Portal kid comes here for a season, we help their draft stock, then they skips out on us to help us put money towards the school.
the school has plenty of **** money, as do the NCAA, the bowls, and the networks. get over it and let the players exercise the little bit of control they actually have. rambo’s career is more important to him than the podunk bowl in wherever nowhere and it should be.

the school has plenty of **** money, as do the NCAA, the bowls, and the networks. get over it and let the players exercise the little bit of control they actually have. rambo’s career is more important to him than the podunk bowl in wherever nowhere and it should be.

What?? Go root for another team, weirdo. Chit makes absolutely no sense troll boy.

What?? Go root for another team, weirdo. Chit makes absolutely no sense troll boy.
holding the belief that the kids actually playing the game deserve their fair cut from the massive money-making institutions that exploit their labor doesn’t make me any less of a fan. stay mad.

Advertisement
holding the belief that the kids actually playing the game deserve their fair cut from the massive money-making institutions that exploit their labor doesn’t make me any less of a fan. stay mad.

That “exploits” their labor? Lol.

These young men r afforded a higher education & an opportunity to be apart of a 1% population b/c of a ball. Even if they don’t go pro, a lot of them get to venture into other successful paths b/c of a door that’s opened to them, not b/c they did well or worked hard in school, but b/c of a ball. R u kidding me right now? For the ones that do go pro, they will make more $$ than most of on here collectively combined in one season.

So yeah, miss me w/ all this. Again, if this school is affording a player an opportunity to rehabilitate their careers & draft stocks to garnish them generational wealth, then y can’t they play ONE game to help this school generate revenue for the future?

This all about “me” society has turned mentalities up side down. I’m of the mind set that players should get a piece of the financial pie, that’s only fair. I been said kids should get paid for schools selling their jerseys or memorabilia as I said my Alma Mater sell my boy’s Jared Weaver jersey & T shirt w/ no cash money records coming to him, but miss me w/ that other rhetoric u talking, homie. Again, I’m talking strictly bout 1 yr portal kids.

That “exploits” their labor? Lol.

These young men r afforded a higher education & an opportunity to be apart of a 1% population b/c of a ball. Even if they don’t go pro, a lot of them get to venture into other successful paths b/c of a door that’s opened to them, not b/c they did well or worked hard in school, but b/c of a ball. R u kidding me right now? For the ones that do go pro, they will make more $$ than most of on here collectively combined in one season.

So yeah, miss me w/ all this. Again, if this school is affording a player an opportunity to rehabilitate their careers & draft stocks to garnish them generational wealth, then y can’t they play ONE game to help this school generate revenue for the future?

This all about “me” society has turned mentalities up side down. I’m of the mind set that players should get a piece of the financial pie, that’s only fair. I been said kids should get paid for schools selling their jerseys or memorabilia as I said my Alma Mater sell my boy’s Jared Weaver jersey & T shirt w/ no cash money records coming to him, but miss me w/ that other rhetoric u talking, homie. Again, I’m talking strictly bout 1 yr portal kids.
lol. how much money is in NCAA TV contracts, coaching contracts, the whole operation of college football, and how much of that do the players see?

college football is a mess that is in need of (and is experiencing) enormous change and your ideological attachment to it doesn't change that. the more freedom for players, the better. end of story.

lol. how much money is in NCAA TV contracts, coaching contracts, the whole operation of college football, and how much of that do the players see?

college football is a mess that is in need of (and is experiencing) enormous change and your ideological attachment to it doesn't change that. the more freedom for players, the better. end of story.
How many players have big student loans to pay off when they get their degrees

How many players have big student loans to pay off when they get their degrees
i don't think you understand the scale of the money the players generate (nor the way that schools push players into degree programs that end up being less beneficial than they should be, but that's another conversation)

Advertisement

I agree that reform needs to be made; however, just realize that the money making sports (ideally football &/or basketball) are revenue generating sports to support non revenue generating sports.

My ideological attachment is team; I put that in my everyday practice. It’s always gang gang on mine, my guy.

Fair point

This is wildly inaccurate. The take home from minor bowls is relatively small after travel and other expenses.

Also, as a member of the ACC we pool our bowl revenue with the rest of the conference. We've been making more money off of Clemsons CFP appearances than our own bowls.

Advertisement

Don't get me wrong, I understand their decision and basically agree with it. I'd do the same.

But as a Miami Hurricane, I wish they'd play, absolutely.

This is wildly inaccurate. The take home from minor bowls is relatively small after travel and other expenses.

Also, as a member of the ACC we pool our bowl revenue with the rest of the conference. We've been making more money off of Clemsons CFP appearances than our own bowls.

Did u read the article or no? If not, then I suggest u read it where it clearly defines how revenue is generated, the amount of money each bowl is, and how it’s divided. So before u make assumptions, READ.

Don't get me wrong, I understand their decision and basically agree with it. I'd do the same.

But as a Miami Hurricane, I wish they'd play, absolutely.

I understand it, too, I just wouldn’t. I’m a team guy, and that’s how I’ve always been in sports, business, friends. If u ride for me then I ride for u.

Advertisement
Back